Hadiths on Najd (Wahabism)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hadiths on Najd (Wahabism)

i really don't get it when people belief this stuff , when they themeselves have don't understand Arabic have not memorized the quran,not understand, fiqh, hadeeth, aqeedah, tasawwuf. yet would love to discuss this issue.
    it has no point we can all get articles to label a group deviant that is easy.

Comment

Also according to Imam Nawawi, it is shown in Najd Qarnu ash-Shaytaan that there are 13 places that have been labeled as najd depending a lot on one's own location, and from Medina, najd would be Iraq.

Comment

Asalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu Reflection09

Jazakallah khayr for your response.

Astagfirullah if I've insulted anyone. I have not said nor do I believe that people are evil because of where they're born. I've only quoted hadith and scholars who say that from the Najd will come the horn of shaytan, etc... And where the brother of Abd al-Wahhab told him that he was the horn which Muhammad(saws) referred to in that hadith.

Anyone who has insulted me has not directed their insults towards me, but towards the scholars and The Prophet (saws) who I quoted.

Let the hadith speak for themselves inshallah, obviously there are many scholars who disagree with each other on every matter, so it is up to us individually to decide. It is a known fact that Salafism looks down upon non-Salafi and that they speak Takfir as often as they speak Takbir. Astagfirullah.

The brother of Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab al Najdi, Shaykh Sulaiman bin Abdul Wahab, said about his brother, “The horn of Shaytan which the Prophet (Sallallahu’ aliahi wa sallam) referred to is you.” [Sawaa’iqul Ilahiya]

Sahi Bukhari (Book #88, Hadith #214) Narrated Ibn ‘Umar: The Prophet (s)said, “O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The People said, “And also on our NAJD.” He said, “O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham (north)! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The people said, “O Allah’s Apostle! And also on our NAJD.” I think the third time the Prophet (s) said, “There (in NAJD) is the place of earthquakes and afflictions and from there comes out the side of the head of Satan.”

It is reported in SAHIH BUKHARI from Hazrat Abu Said Khudri (Radiallhu Anhu) who narrates that:
        Once we were in the presence and company of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam). He was distributing booties (Spoils of War) when a person named Zul-Khawaisara, who was from the tribe of Bani Tamim addressed the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) "Oh Muhammad Be Just!" ". The Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) replied: "A Great pity that you have doubts, if I am unjust then who will be just, you are a loser and a failure." Zul-Khawaisara's attitude infuriated Hazrat Umar (Radiallhu Anhu) and he pleaded with the Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) to permit him to slay Zul-Khawaisara. The Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) remarked: "Leave him, as his slaying will serve no good purpose, as he is not the only individual but there are a host of others like him and if you compare their prayers and fasting to that of yours, you yourself will feel ashamed. These are the people who will recite the Quran but it will not go beyond their throats, with all these apparent virtues they will leave the fold of Deen just like the arrow leaves the bow.

I agree that you don't judge Islam by the acts of Muslims, but when it comes to a sect, you should judge them by their teachings, and Reflection09 as well as anyone else who disagrees, I suggest that you visit a Salafi Mosque and see and listen for yourself. Listen to videos by Salafi scholars:

Inshallah this is all I will say anymore regarding this. There are scholars who support the view that Najd is where Abd al-Wahhab was born who believe that his sect of Salafism is what was referred to, and there are scholars who disagree. Which scholars are right?

Inshallah I want to repeat my original statement:
        Inshallah the purpose of this thread is to show that different people have different opinions and Salafi/Wahabi is not the majority nor are there so many people who like it or agree with it.

I don't necessarily agree with everything written there, as I have not myself studied Ahadith, but this is still something to consider. The reason to consider is because a lot of Salafi/Wahabi are always calling bida'a and kufr etc... they literally are attacking the Ummah, and subhanallah there are hadith warning us of this from what I can tell.

This was my original stance and has remained my stance throughout the thread. I have received insults and attacks as a result of my stance. If I were so wrong in my honesty and neutrality, then why not explain to me with truth how I was in error? But when I quote Qur'an and Hadith and Scholars, then you say that I'm saying these things, no I'm not saying these things, I'm telling you what I have read and what scholars have confirmed.

I have read a bit about Abd al-Wahhab and I do not think he was a bad man who had bad intentions. I have read that he did not promote Takfir and that he put restrictions on Jihad, rather than calling for it in any terror-like manner.

I don't know where anyone has gotten the impression that I hate Muhammad Ibn Abd al-Wahhab or that I hate Muslims or that I hate even Salafis. I have never said such a thing, nor implied it. I have only quoted what resources I have discovered and from my knowledge they are from Sunni sources and not from Grave-worshippers or from even Sufis.

Rather than shouting at your fellow Muslims and calling people names and being so rude and violent, why don't you just quote your sources and give us an accurate reference so we can see for ourselves? And inshallah there should be sufficient evidence for us to believe in such a stance, and not just claim that it refers to Iraq for example when it clearly was not referring to Iraq, because if you just look at the map of the Middle-East http://i.infoplease.com/images/mapmiddleeast.gif then you can see that Iraq is north of Saudi Arabia. So unless you say that Muhammad(saws) made a mistake when he pointed East, Astagfirullah, then you cannot argue from this perspective.

Jazakallah khayr to all of you, but inshallah let us speak with peace to each other, this is really absurd that we must resort to insults and then make each other feel bad, astagfirullah.
        http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/157...rtsinsults.jpg
        O ye who believe! Let not some among you laugh at others: It may be that the (latter) are better than the (former) Nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, after he has believed: And those who do not desist are doing wrong. (QURAN, Sura Hujurat, 49:11)

Comment

Originally posted by hamza89 View Post
          i really don't get it when people belief this stuff , when they themeselves have don't understand Arabic have not memorized the quran,not understand, fiqh, hadeeth, aqeedah, tasawwuf. yet would love to discuss this issue.
          it has no point we can all get articles to label a group deviant that is easy.
          I really dont get it why people are so angry here, why are you against somebody that asked for more information on something therefore admtting that they dont knw everything and are not sure but just want the truth

if you are claiming someon is in the wrong or spreading fitna, how are you minimizing fitna with your belittling and insults and saying "go away do your homework" etc, instead why dont you show someone which sources they should go to, explain the basics of salafsim if that is what you believe and argue in a reasonable manner

this is my last post also, muslims would be ashamed if the prophet saws was living this day and he would not condone any of this behaviour
          " O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but Allah purifies whom He wills, and Allah is Hearing and Knowing. "
          Surah An-Nur, Verse 21

Comment

Originally posted by AlayhisSalaam View Post
            Asalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu Reflection09

Jazakallah khayr for your response.

Astagfirullah if I've insulted anyone. I have not said nor do I believe that people are evil because of where they're born. I've only quoted hadith and scholars who say that from the Najd will come the horn of shaytan, etc... And where the brother of Abd al-Wahhab told him that he was the horn which Muhammad(saws) referred to in that hadith.

Anyone who has insulted me has not directed their insults towards me, but towards the scholars and The Prophet (saws) who I quoted.

Let the hadith speak for themselves inshallah, obviously there are many scholars who disagree with each other on every matter, so it is up to us individually to decide. It is a known fact that Salafism looks down upon non-Salafi and that they speak Takfir as often as they speak Takbir. Astagfirullah.

The brother of Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab al Najdi, Shaykh Sulaiman bin Abdul Wahab, said about his brother, “The horn of Shaytan which the Prophet (Sallallahu’ aliahi wa sallam) referred to is you.” [Sawaa’iqul Ilahiya]

Sahi Bukhari (Book #88, Hadith #214) Narrated Ibn ‘Umar: The Prophet (s)said, “O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The People said, “And also on our NAJD.” He said, “O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham (north)! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The people said, “O Allah’s Apostle! And also on our NAJD.” I think the third time the Prophet (s) said, “There (in NAJD) is the place of earthquakes and afflictions and from there comes out the side of the head of Satan.”

It is reported in SAHIH BUKHARI from Hazrat Abu Said Khudri (Radiallhu Anhu) who narrates that:
            Once we were in the presence and company of the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam). He was distributing booties (Spoils of War) when a person named Zul-Khawaisara, who was from the tribe of Bani Tamim addressed the Holy Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) "Oh Muhammad Be Just!" ". The Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) replied: "A Great pity that you have doubts, if I am unjust then who will be just, you are a loser and a failure." Zul-Khawaisara's attitude infuriated Hazrat Umar (Radiallhu Anhu) and he pleaded with the Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) to permit him to slay Zul-Khawaisara. The Prophet (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam) remarked: "Leave him, as his slaying will serve no good purpose, as he is not the only individual but there are a host of others like him and if you compare their prayers and fasting to that of yours, you yourself will feel ashamed. These are the people who will recite the Quran but it will not go beyond their throats, with all these apparent virtues they will leave the fold of Deen just like the arrow leaves the bow.

I agree that you don't judge Islam by the acts of Muslims, but when it comes to a sect, you should judge them by their teachings, and Reflection09 as well as anyone else who disagrees, I suggest that you visit a Salafi Mosque and see and listen for yourself. Listen to videos by Salafi scholars:

Inshallah this is all I will say anymore regarding this. There are scholars who support the view that Najd is where Abd al-Wahhab was born who believe that his sect of Salafism is what was referred to, and there are scholars who disagree. Which scholars are right?

Inshallah I want to repeat my original statement:
            Inshallah the purpose of this thread is to show that different people have different opinions and Salafi/Wahabi is not the majority nor are there so many people who like it or agree with it.

I don't necessarily agree with everything written there, as I have not myself studied Ahadith, but this is still something to consider. The reason to consider is because a lot of Salafi/Wahabi are always calling bida'a and kufr etc... they literally are attacking the Ummah, and subhanallah there are hadith warning us of this from what I can tell.

This was my original stance and has remained my stance throughout the thread. I have received insults and attacks as a result of my stance. If I were so wrong in my honesty and neutrality, then why not explain to me with truth how I was in error? But when I quote Qur'an and Hadith and Scholars, then you say that I'm saying these things, no I'm not saying these things, I'm telling you what I have read and what scholars have confirmed.

I have read a bit about Abd al-Wahhab and I do not think he was a bad man who had bad intentions. I have read that he did not promote Takfir and that he put restrictions on Jihad, rather than calling for it in any terror-like manner.

I don't know where anyone has gotten the impression that I hate Muhammad Ibn Abd al-Wahhab or that I hate Muslims or that I hate even Salafis. I have never said such a thing, nor implied it. I have only quoted what resources I have discovered and from my knowledge they are from Sunni sources and not from Grave-worshippers or from even Sufis.

Rather than shouting at your fellow Muslims and calling people names and being so rude and violent, why don't you just quote your sources and give us an accurate reference so we can see for ourselves? And inshallah there should be sufficient evidence for us to believe in such a stance, and not just claim that it refers to Iraq for example when it clearly was not referring to Iraq, because if you just look at the map of the Middle-East http://i.infoplease.com/images/mapmiddleeast.gif then you can see that Iraq is north of Saudi Arabia. So unless you say that Muhammad(saws) made a mistake when he pointed East, Astagfirullah, then you cannot argue from this perspective.

Jazakallah khayr to all of you, but inshallah let us speak with peace to each other, this is really absurd that we must resort to insults and then make each other feel bad, astagfirullah.
            You are misapplying the ahadith to an individual and its group.

What are the principles of Takfeer?

Show us where Imam Abdul Wahhab did takfeer on the masses?

You absolutely have no answer to the interpretations of Imam Nawawi and Imam Ibn Hajr of the word Najd. So are they insulting the Prophet (saw)?

Comment

As - Put the actions of Muslims to one side.

Can you argue about the beliefs? Why are you always resorting to "if you go to Salafi Masjid........." they do this and that, etc.

Rather than talking about the mistakes, why don't you discuss the theological arguements?

Comment

Originally posted by ahaneefah View Post
                You are misapplying the ahadith to an individual and its group.

What are the principles of Takfeer?

Show us where Imam Abdul Wahhab did takfeer on the masses?

You absolutely have no answer to the interpretations of Imam Nawawi and Imam Ibn Hajr of the word Najd. So are they insulting the Prophet (saw)?
                [...] look at the map of the Middle-East http://i.infoplease.com/images/mapmiddleeast.gif then you can see that Iraq is north of Saudi Arabia. So unless you say that Muhammad(saws) made a mistake when he pointed East, Astagfirullah, then you cannot argue from this perspective.

Did Imam Nawawi and Imam Ibn Hajr say that when Muhammad(saws) pointed east and said that from the Najd comes the horn of Shaytan that he was referring to Iraq?

Unless Muhammad(saws) were standing in Jordan or Syria, then pointing East could not mean Iraq. Iraq is north of the Arabian Peninsula, not East, irrelevant of the time period.
                O ye who believe! Let not some among you laugh at others: It may be that the (latter) are better than the (former) Nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, after he has believed: And those who do not desist are doing wrong. (QURAN, Sura Hujurat, 49:11)

Comment

AS :

On the authority of Abu Sa`id al-Khudri: "Verily in the wake of this time of mine comes a people who will recite Qur'an but it will not go past their throats. will pass through religion the way an arrow passes through its quarry.
                  Why did Imam Muslim place this hadith under the chapter of the khawarij? http://hadith.al-islam.com/Display/h...p?Doc=1&n=2312

Therefore are the Salafis (in your eyes) the same as khawarij?

Comment

AS :

Why did Imam Muslim place this hadith under the chapter of the khawarij? http://hadith.al-islam.com/Display/h...p?Doc=1&n=2312

Therefore are the Salafis (in your eyes) the same as khawarij?
                    Inshallah akhi, lol I love you for the sake of Allah (SWT), I'm not laughing at you, I'm just laughing, it is a good thing Mashallah,

But could you please answer my question first inshallah? I will inshallah respond to this question of yours in a moment, after I read your link....

[...] look at the map of the Middle-East http://i.infoplease.com/images/mapmiddleeast.gif then you can see that Iraq is north of Saudi Arabia. So unless you say that Muhammad(saws) made a mistake when he pointed East, Astagfirullah, then you cannot argue from this perspective.

Did Imam Nawawi and Imam Ibn Hajr say that when Muhammad(saws) pointed east and said that from the Najd comes the horn of Shaytan that he was referring to Iraq?

Unless Muhammad(saws) were standing in Jordan or Syria, then pointing East could not mean Iraq. Iraq is north of the Arabian Peninsula, not East, irrelevant of the time period.

Comment

Is there an Ijma' that Najd refers to Ibn Abdul Wahhab? Do you even understand Arabic?

The word najd in Arabic refers to a “highland, plateau”. Hence, the same word is used to refer to different tracks of land. For example, najd in the language of the people of Makkah referred to the Najd of al-Yamaamah (in what is now central Saudi Arabia). However, najd in the language of the people of Madinah referred to the steppe and semi-desert lands of Iraq. The understanding of the hadith as stated by scholars present long before any kind of “Wahhabi” influence is that it was referring to the Najd of the people of Madinah or Iraq.

Did you know that Iraq has clearly been the seat or source of many of the greatest trials in Islamic history?

Comment

Is there an Ijma' that Najd refers to Ibn Abdul Wahhab? Do you even understand Arabic?

The word najd in Arabic refers to a “highland, plateau”. Hence, the same word is used to refer to different tracks of land. For example, najd in the language of the people of Makkah referred to the Najd of al-Yamaamah (in what is now central Saudi Arabia). However, najd in the language of the people of Madinah referred to the steppe and semi-desert lands of Iraq. The understanding of the hadith as stated by scholars present long before any kind of “Wahhabi” influence is that it was referring to the Najd of the people of Madinah or Iraq.

Did you know that Iraq has clearly been the seat or source of many of the greatest trials in Islamic history?
                        You still are not answering the question though akhi. How can you argue with geography? Set aside what Iraq has been and has done....

The only way you can argue against these Ahadith is if you say that the Ahadith are weak, invalid, or that Muhammad(saws) didn't point East, or that he (saws) was mistaken when he (saws) pointed East, or some other theory.... But if you accept these hadith as being valid, then you cannot say that Iraq is where he (saws) was referring to when he (saws) pointed East. That is like pointing North from Ireland and saying "This is where you will find the United States of America." lol

Comment

Inshallah akhi, lol I love you for the sake of Allah (SWT), I'm not laughing at you, I'm just laughing, it is a good thing Mashallah,

But could you please answer my question first inshallah? I will inshallah respond to this question of yours in a moment, after I read your link....

Put your logic to one side. The answer is there in the Sharh by Ibn Hajr:

Ibn Hajr said: "al-Khattaabee said:

"the najd in the direction of the east, and for the one who is in Madeenah then his Najd would be the desert of Iraaq and it's regions [baadiya al-Iraaq wa Nawaaheehaa] for this is to the east of the People of Madeenah. The basic meaning of Najd is that which is raised/elevated from the earth in contravention to al-Gawr for that is what is lower than it. Tihaamah [the coastal plain along the south-western and southern shores of the Arabian Peninsula] is entirely al-Gawr and Mecca is in Tihaamah.'[...] by this [saying of al-Khattaabee] the weakness of the saying of ad-Daawodee is understood that 'Najd is in the direction of Iraaq' [min Naahiya al-Iraaq] for he suggests that Najd is a specific place. This is not the case, rather everything that is elevated with respect to what adjoins it is called Najd and the lower area called Gawr."
                          Fath al-Baaree 13/58-59

Comment

You still are not answering the question though akhi. How can you argue with geography? Set aside what Iraq has been and has done....

The only way you can argue against these Ahadith is if you say that the Ahadith are weak, invalid, or that Muhammad(saws) didn't point East, or that he (saws) was mistaken when he (saws) pointed East, or some other theory.... But if you accept these hadith as being valid, then you cannot say that Iraq is where he (saws) was referring to when he (saws) pointed East. That is like pointing North from Ireland and saying "This is where you will find the United States of America." lol
                            Put your logic to one side.

Do you understand Arabic?

Comment

Originally posted by IDK View Post
                              I really dont get it why people are so angry here, why are you against somebody that asked for more information on something therefore admtting that they dont knw everything and are not sure but just want the truth

if you are claiming someon is in the wrong or spreading fitna, how are you minimizing fitna with your belittling and insults and saying "go away do your homework" etc, instead why dont you show someone which sources they should go to, explain the basics of salafsim if that is what you believe and argue in a reasonable manner

this is my last post also, muslims would be ashamed if the prophet saws was living this day and he would not condone any of this behaviour
                              this is not about salafism nor is it about sufism, this is simply about a person who has been provided with countless statement by classical scholars sources which include fathulbari and other than that giants like ibn hajar and nawawi are being quoted .

what more can a person say other than go do you homework. One cannot say anything more than the explantion to the hadeeths that previous scholars have given.
                              he keeps quoting modern day scholars it useless to keep going in circles when the proofs have been provided and the person who is being addressed turns away.
                              you give him imam ibn hajar rh it should suffice

Comment

Originally posted by hamza89 View Post
                                this is not about salafism nor is it about sufism, this is simply about a person who has been provided with countless statement by classical scholars sources which include fathulbari and other than that giants like ibn hajar and nawawi are being quoted .

what more can a person say other than go do you homework. One cannot say anything more than the explantion to the hadeeths that previous scholars have given.
                                he keeps quoting modern day scholars it useless to keep going in circles when the proofs have been provided and the person who is being addressed turns away.
                                you give him imam ibn hajar rh it should suffice
                                ok I have been a muslim for 7 years and I dont know who Imam ibn Hajar is and why is he important. Can you please explain who he is and why he is more authentic or important, why we can take his word etc

you see brother, dont assume others know, if you knwo just share it in kind manner inshaAllah, not everyone is out there to get you or hate others, sometimes people just dont know, I am speaking for myself, I dont know
                                " O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but Allah purifies whom He wills, and Allah is Hearing and Knowing. "
                                Surah An-Nur, Verse 21

Comment

Working...
                                X