Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hadiths on Najd (Wahabism)

wa alaykumu salaam

brother in this religion of ours there is such a thing as takfir and the labelling of some as mushirks and bidi'is etc very much present in our religion and its there to protect the people from evil. our religion is there to save guard us and its like the ark of nuh. why because islam can only save you nothing else. the rest is a violent ocean that will destroy you.

so having said this this Man shaykh Nazim if we look at his statements objectviley and if we find amongst his statements clear statement of kufr and shirk then it is upon us to remind him that he must correct it. and if so he turns away we give him more naseehah advice and if he denies then we must protect the ummah from this individuals evil.

so this the way we seek to rectify the situation with the man you mention shaykh nazim. from what i have heard many scholars from the sub-continant have done the above and due this have decided that he is not to be learned under.

i'm sure that the students of deoband on this forum could give you a lot more insight into this scholar and what the scholars of his locality have mentioned of him

Comment

Last edited by wifeseeker; 20-01-15, 03:27 PM. Reason: ancient

Comment

Brother Assalam o alai kum,
        can u give reference for the following hadith.
        The Prophet [Peace be upon him]: said,

1. "They [Khawarij = those outside] transferred the Qur'anic verses meant to refer to unbelievers and made them refer to believers."

2. "What I most fear in my community is a man who interprets verses of the Qur'an out of context."

Comment

Originally posted by tabraiz View Post

1. "They [Khawarij = those outside] transferred the Qur'anic verses meant to refer to unbelievers and made them refer to believers."

2. "What I most fear in my community is a man who interprets verses of the Qur'an out of context."
          ohh ya.. the 1st hadith is related by Ibn Umar (RA)

its in the copy of the Quran(with english translation) i bought from Makkah.

Comment

Originally posted by Usmi View Post
            ohh ya.. the 1st hadith is related by Ibn Umar (RA)

its in the copy of the Quran(with english translation) i bought from Makkah.
            Brother actually i want the hadith reference.

Comment

Jazak allahu kheir for the thread. Despite the tension in the beginning, those who were patient would have managed to get a taste of the two sides regarding the Najd hadith.

There are many critics of 'wahabism'; a sincere muslim who see's the taqwah, strong wala' & bara' of their salafi friends, then reads what the critics have to say will naturally have questions. Or in this case a sincere muslim seeing the anger of their salafi friends, but the truth in their call will have questions. Many conflicting sources; and many atimes theory conflicting reality

If the questioner cant get direct answers from their salafi brother/sisters themselves (for fear of being attacked by them; as they ironically feel theyre beign attacked) then who will the questioner get his answers from? The non-muslim critics, muslim reformists, and modernists?

Teach others with good akhlaq and give the benefit of the doubt. Dont mistaken a sincere questioner for a bias attacker.

Barak Allahu feek brother Alayhisalam for your unwavering patience throughout. Kheir insha'Allah.
              Last edited by Talibatul 'ilm; 28-03-10, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Last edited by muhammad81; 28-03-10, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tabraiz View Post

Did the khawarij even exist in the time of nabi :saw: ?

Comment

Originally posted by muhammad81 View Post
                    Did the khawarij even exist in the time of nabi :saw: ?
                    No, they came shortly after. He did fortell of their apparance though in the famous hadith about Dhul-Khuwaisarah, the "godfather" of the Khawarij.
                    “The entirety of faith is deed” – Imam Muhammad bin Ismâ'îl al-Bukhârî, al-Jâmi' as-Sahîh , Kitâb al-Îmân.

My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by AlayhisSalaam View Post
                      Authu bilahi minaysh shaytani Rajeem, Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

[url=http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f20/hadiths-najd-wahabism-31284/]Narrated Ibn ‘Umar: The Prophet (s)said, “O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The People said, “And also on our NAJD.” He said, “O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Sham (north)! O Allah! Bestow Your blessings on our Yemen.” The people said, “O Allah’s Apostle! And also on our NAJD.” I think the third time the Prophet (s) said, “There (in NAJD) is the place of earthquakes and afflictions and from there comes out the side of the head of Satan.”
                      Salaam brother,

Firstly I haven't read all the responses in the thread so apologies if I'm repeating a point already made. I've actually only just posted this hadith up on my blog, but in a different context (virtues of Al Sham).

Anyways, from my limited reading here's what one commetator mentioned when quoting this hadith:

"The place (Najd) refers to the very first major fitnah that occured regarding Prophethood, namely that of Musaylimah al Kadhdhab who claimed Prophethood".

The story of Musaylimah is very famous, he certainly caused a lot of fitnah, and I think this seems a reasonable explanation of the hadith. Allahu alam but the strong words 'head of Satan' don't suggest this hadith is referring to someone/people claiming to be Muslim, of whatever inclination. It makes sense that such harsh words would be for a non-believer such as Musaylimah, who claimed to be a prophet and was therefore an apostate. Allahu alam whether this is the correct interpretation or not but I think it seems plausible.

And Allah knows best.
                      ربنا واجعلنا مسلمين لك ومن ذريتنا أمة مسلمة لك وأرنا مناسكنا وتب علينا إنك أنت التواب الرحيم

Our Lord, make us Muslims submitted to You, and our descendants a Muslim community submitted to You. Show us our rites of worship and turn towards us. You are the Ever-Returning, the Most Merciful. [2: 128]

http://livingthemuslimlife.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X