Being friends with the kuffar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Being friends with the kuffar

Well I've never had any problems with my mates who are Muslims. Probably because we don't preach at each other.

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
      There is no evidence to say we can't be good friends with people of different faiths of the same sex. Why not? How many friends of your actually bother you about your faith? The ones the Qur'an talks about are those who collude with others against you. Actually we need to be close friends with non-muslims for them to see how muslims really are, nice, kind and maybe they can be reconciled to my deen. My best friend converted to Islam and she said that she was taken aback by the hospitality of muslims, and often said if the whole world was muslims the world would be perfect.
      Please stop replying from your emotions, and take heed of the verses shown in the first post. Guidance is from Allah (swt).

Comment

But then how is it that we are allowed to marry from the people of the book? I've read about this before and what I learned then was that this was a misconception of the words, and the word Awliyah meant allies more than friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
          But then how is it that we are allowed to marry from the people of the book? I've read about this before and what I learned then was that this was a misconception of the words, and the word Awliyah meant allies more than friends.
          Muslims can not take non mulism as friends. We see many muslims brothers and sister doing this. they are all misled.

They twist islam in all sorts of ways just to please the the non-muslims. Allah says most of these muslims will go to hell.They say muslim MEN ae allowed to marry non-muslim woman. but this is not the same for muslim woman, since they are not allowed to marry non-muslim men. Their logic does not work

The tafsir says Umar (RA) kicked a chrisitan out of medina (arabia) and then said "take not the jews nor the chrisitans as friends". http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=5&tid=14082

These muslims and their views are wrong, the vast majoirty of muslims are wrong about islam and the vast majoirty of muslims will go to hell.

I say most muslims will go to hell because:

Muhammad (saw) said their will be 73 sects and 72 sects will go to hell (this may be a metaphor, or may be a false hadith, who knows).....Anyway from this most Muslims will go to hell for some time. There are also hadith which say out of every 100 muslims 99 will go to hell.-Sahih Bukhari 8: 76: 536

In Sura 19:70 and 19:71 Allah says, Most Muslims will go to Hell (for at least some time), but they will be rescued. Allah also states that those who die in Jihad will go to Paradise immediately. (see tafsir for meaning). The fact that allah say most muslims will go to hell shows how misled the muslim ummah is.

http://www.discoveringislam.org/tanzanian_boy.htm

http://www.miraclesofislam.com/

Comment

First off, im not trying to please any non-muslims. I spend most of my time with practicing muslim brothers or in isolation, I question only because of what I read earlier, as well as the marriage thing that came to mind. Im not trying to twist islam in any way, astaghfirUllah.

So back to my question, if we're not to be friends with the kuffar, then how can muslim men marry from the People of the Book?

Comment

Originally posted by Tread Softly View Post
              Seems an extention of wal bara then? So Muslims have to hate non-Muslims and not be friends with non-Muslims?

Quite a bit about Islam appears to be about this kind of thing: "You can't do x or be friends with y or listen to z because otherwise you'll fall into sin."

A very insecure faith?
              I have a question. And I do not mean to sound impolite but do you get most of your Islamic information from this site?
              Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

First off, im not trying to please any non-muslims. I spend most of my time with practicing muslim brothers or in isolation, I question only because of what I read earlier, as well as the marriage thing that came to mind. Im not trying to twist islam in any way, astaghfirUllah.

So back to my question, if we're not to be friends with the kuffar, then how can muslim men marry from the People of the Book?
                Muslim MEN are allowed to marry NON-muslim woman. but this is not the same for muslim woman.

since they are not allowed to marry NON-muslim men.

You cant use this logic to say you can be friends with them. People who say, "oh look, muslim men can marry them, so we can be friends." using this logic would mean muslim woman cant be friends.

Behold! the posterity of my fathers, that is, so and so, are not my friends. Verily Allah and the pious believers are my friends. - Sahih Muslim 1:417
                http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/c....html#001.0417

"The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man follows the religion of his friend; so each one should consider whom he makes his friend." - Dawud 41:4815

http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/c....html#041.4815
                Last edited by cloud360; 11-02-10, 12:52 AM.

Comment

I'll take your word for it and avoid hanging out with non-muslims. I'd still appreciate a more detailed answer. I appreciate your answers brother/sister cloud360, im just not completely convinced, and apologize if I come off as ignorant. May Allah guide us to the straight path and keep us firm on it.
                  Last edited by Loose; 11-02-10, 12:55 AM.

Comment

To be fair we "kuffar" would not consider being friends with a muslim who bandied around the word "kuffar" so you really need not worry. A black guy's more likely to join the KKK then a non-muslim is to accept the friendship of an islamic supremacist.

Comment

I'll take your word for it and avoid hanging out with non-muslims. I'd still appreciate a more detailed answer.
                      The reason allah says you shud not be friends wit them is because they will try to corrupt you.

O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends (awliya); they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them -Qur'an 5:51

The meaning of the verse is;

Allah forbids His believing servants from having Jews and Christians as friends, because they are the enemies of Islam and its people, may Allah curse them. Allah then states that they are friends of each other and He gives a warning threat to those who do this"
                      http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=5&tid=14082

Allah is saying you are not allowed to take them as Awliya only (protecting friend or close friend or companion). but here he says you are not allowed to take them as any kind of friend:

O you who believe! do not take the unbelievers for friends rather than the believers; do you desire that you should give to Allah a manifest proof against yourselves?- Qur'an 4:144

Allah forbids His believing servants from taking the disbelievers as friends instead of the believers. This includes being friends and associates of the disbelievers, advising them, being intimate with them and exposing the secrets of the believers to them. In another Ayah, Allah said: "Let not the believers take the disbelievers as friends instead of the believers, and whoever does that, will never be helped by Allah in any way".?- Qur'an 4:144

http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=4&tid=12617

Muslims ar allowed to treat non muslim kindly. But does not men we shud be friends

"Allah does not forbid you respecting those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly"-Qur'an 5:51

"Qutaylah came visiting her daughter, Asma' bint Abi Bakr, with some gifts, such as Dibab, cheese and clarified (cooking) butter, and she was an idolatress at that time. Asma' refused to accept her mother's gifts and did not let her enter her house. `A'ishah asked the Prophet about his verdict and Allah sent down the Ayah

(Allah does not forbid you with those who fought not against you on account of religion -60:8)

http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=60&tid=53486

Some may argue that, it was her mother, so based on the context, muslims should only be kind to their disbelieving Mothers,and no non-muslim outside this.

However, to muslims Gods word is Final. Even if it was revealed in relation to somones mother. This verse can apply to any non muslim.

But here are some problems:

-This verse only talks about kindness, not friendship (can it be used to justify taking friends with disbelievers?)
                      - This verse was revealed before Qur'an 5:51 in chronology. So the other verses cancel this. This is an old verse

Quran verses can be cancelled. It is Called Naskh. See here:

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...uld-not-follow

The Ayah of the sword was reveled just before the prophet passed away, and was the last complete surah. it is the ulimate message of islam, and scholars say it cancels 100+ verses.
                      Last edited by cloud360; 11-02-10, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Take only your own people as friends(3:118)

Oh you who believe! do not take for intimate friends from among others than your own people; they do not fall short of inflicting loss upon you.Hatred has already appeared from their mouths, but what their breasts conceal is far worse."

Qur'an 3:118

MEANING:

(Hatred has already appeared from their mouths, but what their breasts conceal is far worse.) meaning, enmity appears on their faces and in what they sometimes utter, as well as, the enmity they have against Islam and its people in their hearts. Since this fact is apparent to every person who has sound comprehension, therefore,

http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=3&tid=9134

Behold! the posterity of my fathers, that is, so and so, are not my friends. Verily Allah and the pious believers are my friends.

Sahih Muslim 1:417

"The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man follows the religion of his friend; so each one should consider whom he makes his friend."

Abu Dawud 41:4815

"The Messenger of Allah [said] "Do not keep company with anyone but a believer and do not let anyone eat your food but one who is pious."

Abu Dawud 41:4832

Abudawud 2787

"O you who believe! Take not my enemies And your enemies as friends offering them (Your) love even though they have disbelieved in that Truth (i.e. Allah, Prophet Muhammad and this Quran) which has come to you."

Sahih Bukhari 59:572:1

THE ONE BELOWIS IBN ISHAQ

Some Muslims remained friends with the Jews, so Allah sent down a Qur'an forbidding them to take Jews as friends. From their mouths hatred has already shown itself and what they conceal is worse

Ibn Ishaq p.262

Ibn Ishaq's work is lost, but most of it is referenced in Ibn Hisham and Tabari as well as many author historians work. Imam Abu Hanifa only considered Ibn Ishaq's historical accuracy reliable, not his narrations of Prophet Muhammad (saw), since he gave no chain of narrators.

Nevertheless this is a reference to a Quran verse.

Miracle of Islam: http://www.discoveringislam.org/tanzanian_boy.htm
                        Last edited by cloud360; 11-02-10, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Aisalam ailakoum,

Im pretty sure the verse isnt talking about your normal every day friends whom you dont talk about religion at all. Heres a tafsir:

(O ye who believe!) in Muhammad and the Qur'an. (Take not the Jews and Christians for friends) seeking their assistance and help. (They are friends one to another) He says: some are followers of the religion of others in secret and in the open, just as they are friends of each other. (He among you) O group of believers (who taketh them for friends) seeking their assistance and help (is (one) of them) in alliance and is not included in Allah's protection and safety. (Lo! Allah guideth not) to His religion and proof (wrong-doing folk) the Jews and Christians.

http://altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?tMad...0&LanguageId=2

Comment

Originally posted by Corner_Pocket View Post
                            Aisalam ailakoum,

Im pretty sure the verse isnt talking about your normal every day friends whom you dont talk about religion at all. Heres a tafsir:

(O ye who believe!) in Muhammad and the Qur'an. (Take not the Jews and Christians for friends) seeking their assistance and help. (They are friends one to another) He says: some are followers of the religion of others in secret and in the open, just as they are friends of each other. (He among you) O group of believers (who taketh them for friends) seeking their assistance and help (is (one) of them) in alliance and is not included in Allah's protection and safety. (Lo! Allah guideth not) to His religion and proof (wrong-doing folk) the Jews and Christians.

http://altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?tMad...0&LanguageId=2
                            Their are many hadith against it. It is not talking about protectors only.

Comment

isnt there a difference between being friends with someone and taking them as awaliya?

"How often we cry over Fate, but abundant good lies just behind it. O soul, it is goodness, even if it arrives after a while."

Comment

SubhanAllah, that was the first time I've ever heard/read about cancelling of Quranic verses. Learning new things everyday mashaaAllah. This should keep me busy for the next few days.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X