Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can muslims have medical insurance/car insurance?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can muslims have medical insurance/car insurance?

Assalamualaikum,

I'm new to this forum. I'll be moving to the US soon, and I was wondering if its halal for muslims to have medical insurance (as without insurance is soooooo expensive!) and car insurance?

Also, can a person have a job in medicare etc or just in hospitals where the position is to check whether the patients' insurance policy meets up to requirements?

I would really really appreciate an answer.

Wassalam.

Re: Can muslims have medical insurance/car insurance?

It's against the law in the UK to drive without insurance, so either it is halaal or all muslims would not be driving.

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
      It's against the law in the UK to drive without insurance, so either it is halaal or all muslims would not be driving.
      I know many many muslims who drive without insurance and have been for many many years, alhamdulillah.

Comment

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
        I know many many muslims who drive without insurance and have been for many many years, alhamdulillah.
        They're doing it because it's haraam or because they don't want to pay?

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
          They're doing it because it's haraam or because they don't want to pay?
          its a necessity thing. i personally dont have anything more than basic liability for car insurance and i dont have life insurance at all (i believe that to be completely haraam). medical insurance is something different altogether, my work provides for that.
          Remove matzo

Comment

Lol, well anyone know the rules in the US?

If it *is* against the law, we have to do it anyway, because breaking the law would be haraam too, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Tabassum07 View Post
              Lol, well anyone know the rules in the US?

If it *is* against the law, we have to do it anyway, because breaking the law would be haraam too, right?
              most states only require you to have basic liability coverage
              Remove matzo

Comment

Originally posted by Basil al-Mamluk View Post
                its a necessity thing. i personally dont have anything more than basic liability and i dont have life insurence at all. medical insurance is something different altogether, my work provides for that.
                This is what I'm asking. I know life insurance is haraam, and so is working for life insurance companies. But medical insurance is okay, whether we purchase it ourselves or our work provides for it? So then, is working for medical insurance companies okay, and working in hospitals as a position which verifies the medicare etc okay?

Comment

Why is life insurance haraam?

Comment

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
                    I know, especially in Birminghamistan.

Comment

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/10805/life%20insurance

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/39474/life%20insurance
                      Remove matzo

Comment

:jkk:

Comment

That's the ruling for life insurance. Any answers for medical insurance and car insurance? These things are different than life insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabassum07 View Post
                            I know life insurance is haraam, and so is working for life insurance companies. But medical insurance is okay, whether we purchase it ourselves or our work provides for it?
                            Medical Insurance is Haraam Bro

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/4210/medical%20insurance

However any kind of insurance which is a legal requirement e.g. car insurance is allowed BUT you cannot take out more than you put in. So if you have paid £3000 total into your car insurance and then u have an accident you can only claim a maximum of £3000 back.

Islam-qa:
                            "But if it is compulsory insurance and one has no choice, then it is permissible to take out car insurance, for example, and the sin is on those who forced others to do it, based on the principle of “necessities which make forbidden things permissible”.

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/102969/car%20insurance
                            Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Any muslims in the USA? However do muslims survive without medical insurance? Is there any other way if its haraam?

Comment

Working...
                              X