Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hounslow Masjid

:salams

Ok peeps so I have a day off coming up soon and I've never visited the Masjid in Hounslow which is local to me.

Sooooooooooooo has anyone been there?

It looks beautiful from the pictures i've seen and im looking forward to driving over inshallah and checking it out in the flesh (well more brick than flesh to be honest :S).
    “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Re: Hounslow Masjid

Is the big masjid???...thats a brevli masjid I have been told.

Any reason why you are specifically going there?

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Ibrahim View Post
      Is the big masjid???...thats a brevli masjid I have been told.

Any reason why you are specifically going there?
      Just that its local (ish), a Masjid, and i got time on my hands lol.

Whats Brevil mean Bro? Sorry
      “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Comment

I'm sure there are others on here for whom it's their local masjid too but can't remember for sure. Was it 'malikone' who's from there?
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

i have been to the mosque a couple of times, its a nice mosque, i don't if it is brelvi though.

Comment

i havent been there yet. Only went to a salafi masjid near the new travelodge on bath road, in hounslow.
            There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

ive been there and Masha ALLAH, its an awesome masjid
              its not brelvi, i dono where you got that from. Its mixed with reverts, arabs, somalis and asians- thats what makes it special
              Also there are some very special brothers that pray there
              its not a brelvi masjid, i can assure you, though you may find brelvis praying there, but you'll also find salafis, deobandis etc.
              last year they had a really good recitor from Egypt for Ramadhan
              some knowledgable brothers pray there, so check it out insha ALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by talib al ilm View Post
                its not brelvi, i dono where you got that from. Its mixed with reverts, arabs, somalis and asians- thats what makes it special
                its not a brelvi masjid, i can assure you, though you may find brelvis praying there, but you'll also find salafis, deobandis etc.
                I like masjids which are mixed. There is one like that in southall when i stayed over for 2 nights previous week. Nice masjid. People say it is barelwi, but after praying maghrib there i can say that it is mixed. Can't wait to go tomorrow insha Allah.
                There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

Have you been to the brand new one in Acton.

I hear it looks really nice too.

Comment

:salams

Originally posted by talib al ilm View Post
                    :up: :jkk: you make it sound so nice :) I too love mixed Masjids as thats one of the first things about Islam that I fell in love with, so many different races uniting under Allah ta'ala.

So yes, I shall go there next week inshallah.

Originally posted by Umm_Ibrahim View Post
                    Have you been to the brand new one in Acton.

I hear it looks really nice too.
                    No I havent cause it isnt really that local to me, although i do drive though there on my way to Regents Park in London. Has anyone got a link for the new Acton Masjid?

Comment

its a sufi mosque.

Comment

Ibrahima I have been there, was the the other day to open my fast, then got a munch...The imam there is taking a year out for sabbatical, He was our group leader for the Umrah trip.
                        Get down to Woking mosque man!
                        Never give the devil a ride, He will always want to drive

Comment

I personally avoid going to hounslow masjid for several reasons. They pray 20 for taraweeh, they do chanting and rituals after salaahs, my brother and cousin witnessed them doing sufi acts after fajr salaah(ya know with the hats and skirts twirling, then turning the lights off and claiming that one light in the middle is the prophet saw) Its confusing place and hard for me to understand.

I recommend Acton/Annoor masjid mashallah the unity there is brill, i really feel like part of the ummah whenever i go there mashallah. If i had a car would be there almost always, but till then......
                          (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Hounslow mosque is a beautiful mosque like all mosques, its run by Muslims and there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't go there. Please go there and post your experiences of visiting this mosque, insha'Allah that would be wonderful to read.

Also if you have time visit the central mosque (regent's park) or the mosque in Acton (not very far from Westfields in a car) :p
                            "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

I agree with Salman, the comment by 1Muslimbychoice is just silly. It has no basis and causes more harm than good. Ajeeb - hats and skirts twirling,
                              brother/sis you best hope its true otherwise you will be held accountable for making fabrications,
                              praying 20 rakahs is no reason not to go there, they also pray 20 in Al Harram now and i think even East London masjid prays 20 -(not 100% sure)
                              ive been to Hounslow masjid and the stuff your brother and cousin saw sounds strange, and unlikely. Also don't you think they exagerated a little
                              lol or a lot?
                              Brother Ibrahim, you should go to all masjids (except shia etc) because they all have people of ALLAH in there, and not everyone in a masjid will be the same, some people will just pray quietly and leave etc. and not get involved in politics or gossip. They will perform whats fard upon them and carry on with their business - these people exist in all masjids insha ALLAH

Comment

Working...
                              X