Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did prophet Muhammad marry a 6 year old?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did prophet Muhammad marry a 6 year old?

Prophet married Aisha when she was 6-years-old and consummated his marriage with her when she was 9. He was then, 54 years old.

these are from islamic scriptures

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3310:
    'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64
    Narrated 'Aisha:
    that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 65
    Narrated 'Aisha:
    that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old. Hisham said: I have been informed that 'Aisha remained with the Prophet for nine years (i.e. till his death)." what you know of the Quran (by heart)'

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 88
    Narrated 'Ursa:
    The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with 'Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death).

Re: Did prophet Muhammad marry a 6 year old?

I am confused whether ur asking a question or giving information. If ur asking it then its 'YES'. Huzoor married Aiysha (RA) when she was 6 yrs old.

Anything else?
    :lailah:

Comment

Originally posted by amaankhan View Post
      I am confused whether ur asking a question or giving information. If ur asking it then its 'YES'. Huzoor married Aiysha (RA) when she was 6 yrs old.

Anything else?
      and had sex with her when she was 9 yeard old?

Comment

[quote=netname;3418278]and had sex with her when she was 9 yeard old?[/quot

YOUR POINT...?

JUST REMEMBER SOCIETY WAS DIFFERENT IN THE TIME OF OUR BELOVED NABI (SAW) AND THE PEOPLE OF THAT TIME WERE MUCH MORE INCLINED TO DEEN AND ITS PRACTICE. THIS WAS ALSO PERSONIFIED VIA THERE CHARACTERS.

ANOTHER THING, ISLAMICALY ONCE BOTH GENDERS REACH THE AGE OF PUBERTY THEY CAN GET MARRIED AND BEAR IN MIND IT WAS MUCH QUICKER IN THE TIME OF OUR BELOVED NABI(SAW). THEY ALSO MATURED QUICKER.
        Last edited by S.O.A; 31-08-09, 10:17 AM.

Comment

And the point of this topic is what???
          Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

It was the done thing at the time, it's not as if he was the 1st one to do it, many men in that society married young women, and yes she was a woman she started menustrating at 9 years of age.

As I said many Arab men did it at that time, I don't know why people are so hung up about it and keep attributing it to Islam. Arabs did it all the time! If you want to have a problem have it with the society not him!

Norms and values constantly change within different socities over the ages, what he did was very normal at that time, with her consent and they had a beautiful loving marriage.

To add: women in hotter countries start menustrating a lot earlier than girls in the colder west, It has been scientifically proven that the age at which girls start to menstrate has drastically increased over the last few 100's of years.

It was even very common in western society 'girls' as young as 11-12 were married off (women) this was just a few 100 or so years ago. So imagine 1400 years ago + if a woman has started mensutrating she is a woman.

People try and say it is all about s*x if it was then they would have consumated at the begining of the marriage, but they never. They did when she became a woman.
            Last edited by sunrise; 31-08-09, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
              And the point of this topic is what???
              to confuse the simple-minded muslims and make us dislike our Rabb, our prophet :saw: and our Deen - Islam

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise View Post
                It was the done thing at the time, it's not as if he was the 1st one to do it, many men in that society married young women, and yes she was a woman she started menustrating at 9 years of age.

As I said many Arab men did it at that time, I don't know why people are so hung up about it and keep attributing it to Islam. Arabs did it all the time! If you want to have a problem have it with the society not him!

Norms and values constantly change within different socities over the ages, what he did was very normal at that time, with her consent and they had a beautiful loving marriage.

To add: women in hotter countries start menustrating a lot earlier than girls in the colder west, It has been scientifically proven that the age at which girls start to menstrate has drastically increased over the last few 100's of years.

It was even very common in western society 'girls' as young as 11-12 were married off (women) this was just a few 100 or so years ago. So imagine 1400 years ago + if a woman has started mensutrating she is a woman.

People try and say it is all about s*x if it was then they would have consumated at the begining of the marriage, but they never. They did when she became a woman.
                i know it was done at that time, but if Muhammad is a prophet of god why did he do this kind of disgusting thing like having sex with a child? instead of telling them it was wrong Muhammad did it too?

Comment

Originally posted by netname View Post
                  i know it was done at that time, but if Muhammad is a prophet of god why did he do this kind of disgusting thing like having sex with a child? instead of telling them it was wrong Muhammad did it too?
                  you know I've heard this tired argument many times from islam haters like you. first of all men in generally married girls young back then. even Europeans did it. it wasn't disgusting for it's time. people didn't live that long back then so as soon as the girl hit puberty they would get her married. that's how things were back then.

and over time the ages change. for example 50 years ago 16 wasn't considered young to get married. but now it is. people don't expect girls to marry until they are in their 20's now. it's just how society goes.
                  Last edited by sis_niqabi; 31-08-09, 11:01 AM.
                  Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
                  (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

Originally posted by sis_niqabi View Post
                    you know I've heard this tired argument many times from islam haters like you. first of all men in generally married girls young back then. even Europeans did it. it wasn't disgusting for it's time. people didn't live that long back then so as soon as the girl hit puberty they would get her married. that's how things were back then.

and over time the ages change. for example 50 years ago 16 wasn't considered young to get married. but not it is. people don't expect girls to marry until they are in their 20's now. it's just how society goes.

I know I'm tired of this lame argument and Muslims being forced to answer these types of questions. It is a SOCIETY thing not an Islam thing.

And a female is a woman when she reaches puberty, he treated her with the upmost respect he loved and cherished her so I don't get the problem? they willingly consented!

And why should God tell him not to do something when it is allowed? she wasn't a child. In Islam you become accountable for your sins when you reach puberty as you are classed as an adult, it would be quite hypocritical if you were classed as an adult for your sins but not in other realms.

Anyways I'm done, gosh people don't get tired of this, I frankly am :zzz:

Comment

Originally posted by netname View Post
                      Prophet married Aisha when she was 6-years-old and consummated his marriage with her when she was 9. He was then, 54 years old.

these are from islamic scriptures

Sahih Muslim Book 008, Number 3310:
                      'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house when I was nine years old.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64
                      Narrated 'Aisha:
                      that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 65
                      Narrated 'Aisha:
                      that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old. Hisham said: I have been informed that 'Aisha remained with the Prophet for nine years (i.e. till his death)." what you know of the Quran (by heart)'

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 88
                      Narrated 'Ursa:
                      The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with 'Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death).
                      She was very likely much older when she get married.
                      "Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." -Orson Welles

Comment

Originally posted by sis_niqabi View Post

and over time the ages change. for example 50 years ago 16 wasn't considered young to get married. but now it is. people don't expect girls to marry until they are in their 20's now. it's just how society goes.
                        you did not get the point i said i know it happened at that time but if Muhammed was prophet of God why did he do it too instead of telling them its wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise View Post
                          It was the done thing at the time... Norms and values constantly change within different socities over the ages, what he did was very normal at that time, with her consent and they had a beautiful loving marriage.
                          Are you saying that Muhammad's actions do NOT set the standard for mankind to follow till the end of time?

Comment

The minimum age for marriage under Church and common law was 12 for girls and 14 for boys.1525

Medieval Women
                            http://www.feltonfleet.co.uk/departm...al%20Women.pdf

Comment

lol right little word twisting manipulator aren't you, just because he married Aysha at the age she was doesn't mean we have to, and just because they used to wear ihram at that time doesn't mean we have to. That is what I said and am saying. Just as they were traditional at that time, they are not now.

You Islam haters will never give up, if you actually care to learn ask a scholar, or do a search for a thread this topic has been answered a zillion times before.

No point wasting time with time waters.

Comment

Working...
                              X