Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horse riding for women

Salaam,

Is it true that horse riding is haraam for women? I'd appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this matter and provide some evidence in support of their reasoning. Should this have been covered on ummah, i'd really appreciate a link to the thread as I tried to search for it last night to no avail.
    Mrs B

Re: Horse riding for women

Originally posted by shazj View Post
    Salaam,

Is it true that horse riding is haraam for women? I'd appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this matter and provide some evidence in support of their reasoning. Should this have been covered on ummah, i'd really appreciate a link to the thread as I tried to search for it last night to no avail.
    :wswrwb: , Jummah Kareem, ukhti

I've read somewhere Hadhrat Fatima (RA) used to do horse riding! in sha Allah after jummah i'll search for tht article.

I wud love 2 learn, horseriding, archery and all Sunnah Sports one day, in sha Allah.

Wassalaam

Comment

Originally posted by Al-hayaa View Post
      :wswrwb: , Jummah Kareem, ukhti

I've read somewhere Hadhrat Fatima (RA) used to do horse riding! in sha Allah after jummah i'll search for tht article.

I wud love 2 learn, horseriding, archery and all Sunnah Sports one day, in sha Allah.

Wassalaam
      I would really appreciate the evidence sister, thank you for your help.
      Mrs B

Comment

its one of my favorite sports..
        Behind every beautiful thing there is some.......KIND OF PAIN.. .

Comment

I didnt think its haram. its just that i heard women lose their virginity while horse riding. I dont know if its true though :S
          Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by ~S.E~ View Post
            I didnt think its haram. its just that i heard women lose their virginity while horse riding. I dont know if its true though :S
            Check it out.
            they say the same about cycling..
            Behind every beautiful thing there is some.......KIND OF PAIN.. .

Comment

Originally posted by ~S.E~ View Post
              Check it out.
              They don't lose their virginity, the hymen can be broken from horse riding, so its best to do horse riding after marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by eyes in tears View Post
                they say the same about cycling..
                yes thats what I heard too. It is linked with 'virginity'; another friend of mine stated something like the Prophet (peace be upon him) cursed women who ride horses. Im not quoting my friend here so I might have to edit this when I have it confirmed.
                Mrs B

Comment

Originally posted by TRANSWARP View Post
                  They don't lose their virginity, the hymen can be broken from horse riding, so its best to do horse riding after marriage.
                  I have been married before, can I ride horses now?
                  Mrs B

Comment

Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

1. The Fuqahaa (Jurists) have ruled that it will not be permissible for women to ride horses except at the time of necessity. It is reported from Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) that:

لعن الله الفروج على السروج

“Allah Ta’ala has cursed women on saddles (horse backs)”

(Note: The Ma’naa (meaning) of the above Hadith is established by the Fuqahaa, though there exists Idtiraab in the words - Radd Al-Muhtar, vol 6, pg 423, HM Sa’eed)

It is proven that the Sahabiyyaat rode horses and camels. However, this was at the time of necessity. Therefore, if a necessity arises for a woman to ride a horse, the Darul Ifta will look into the matter.

(Sharh Kitab Al-Siyar al-kabeer, vol 1, pg 97, Ilmiyya / Al-Muheet al-Burhani, vol 8, pg 100, Idara Al-Quran / Al-Bahr al-Raiq, vol 8, pg189, Rasheediyya / Al-Durr al-Mukhtar& Radd Al-Muhtar, vol 6, pg 423, HM Sa’eed / Hashiyya Al-Tahtawi ala al-Durr, vol 4, pg 210, Maktaba Arabiyya)

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...557ae017028627

Comment

Originally posted by shazj View Post
                      I have been married before, can I ride horses now?
                      I guess so?

Comment

Originally posted by OBL View Post

1. The Fuqahaa (Jurists) have ruled that it will not be permissible for women to ride horses except at the time of necessity. It is reported from Rasulullah (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) that:

(Note: The Ma’naa (meaning) of the above Hadith is established by the Fuqahaa, though there exists Idtiraab in the words - Radd Al-Muhtar, vol 6, pg 423, HM Sa’eed)

It is proven that the Sahabiyyaat rode horses and camels. However, this was at the time of necessity. Therefore, if a necessity arises for a woman to ride a horse, the Darul Ifta will look into the matter.

(Sharh Kitab Al-Siyar al-kabeer, vol 1, pg 97, Ilmiyya / Al-Muheet al-Burhani, vol 8, pg 100, Idara Al-Quran / Al-Bahr al-Raiq, vol 8, pg189, Rasheediyya / Al-Durr al-Mukhtar& Radd Al-Muhtar, vol 6, pg 423, HM Sa’eed / Hashiyya Al-Tahtawi ala al-Durr, vol 4, pg 210, Maktaba Arabiyya)

If they havent rode the horse before in their lives, how are they going to ride it in the time of necessity??? it takes the skill and the knowledge of riding a horse before one actually can ride it at the time of necessity
                        Which of the favours of your lord will you deny?

Comment

Thank you for the above
                          Mrs B

Comment

Jazak!
                            I'm kinda sad tho.
                            I alway's wanted to ride a horse.............

“Do not become angry, and Paradise will be yours.”
                            “Do not laugh too much, for excessive laughter deadens the heart.”

Comment

Originally posted by Umu Caamir View Post
                              Jazak!
                              I'm kinda sad tho.
                              I alway's wanted to ride a horse.............
                              Trust me I know how you feel right now :( I was going to speak to the stables and ask if I can help in looking after the horses, but I dont think I will anymore because I would be tempted to ride.
                              Mrs B

Comment

Working...
                              X