Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arab style floor seating/sofas

Where in the UK can you buy them?

There's one place in Brum, but they only have like two colours and they're tooo expensive

Anyone know of other places?

My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi

Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.- Shaykh al-Shadhili

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. - Jibreel (as)

ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ
    O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
    Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. - Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر

Re: Arab style floor seating/sofas

Something like this:
    http://www.saharygate.com/images/visual_majlis.jpg
    My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. - Jibreel (as)

ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ
    Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. - Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر

Comment

That's really beautiful. If you do find a place to buy these from please do share it here with us. Insha'Allaah.

Ma'aSalaama

Comment

go to B&Q buy some styrofoam insulation boards then wrap it with insulation and then put a cover on it thas what it looks like to me

Comment

It is (very firm) foam with covers.. but I think it costs more to get that kinda foam cut and so on yourself and then make the covers.. it's an option, but obviously finding some decent ones for good price would be more straight forward.

The ones in the pic are quite basic, the sort of standard ones you see around though are a bit more fancy and have arm rests and proper back rest.

Comment

its not expensive, and its very easy to cut :p use a power tool and some vices to hold the board onto a work bench. and it should be pretty simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Chained_Water View Post
              It is (very firm) foam with covers.. but I think it costs more to get that kinda foam cut and so on yourself and then make the covers.. it's an option, but obviously finding some decent ones for good price would be more straight forward.

The ones in the pic are quite basic, the sort of standard ones you see around though are a bit more fancy and have arm rests and proper back rest.
              I dont know, maybe you could try Edgware road? But thats in London sister, also expensive that part of the city.

If i remember right there were two like Arab furniture shops there, ill try to dig it up for you later, but cant say 100% because i havent been there for a while.

Comment

board? what do you mean by board? :scratch:
                link me to what you're talking about..

Comment

the foam sorry :p u can get ones with board on the back, they're quite firm, am not sure if its on the net lemme check, i just remember it from all the building wrok!

Comment

Board makes it sound hard? They're not hard..
                    They are very firm, not like normal sofa cushions.. but they're still soft enough to sit on comfortably..

Someone must know where to get them

Comment

put http://www.wickes.co.uk/Polystyrene-...rd/invt/210823
                      that on a wooden backingput a cushion or something soft on top if you want, stable it around and then put ur cover on :p

Comment

That's long!!

Who's gonna buy wood, buy the boards, buy the cushions, cut it all and stick it all together and then put a cover on it? No thanks :p

It'd probably be far more expensive, a lot less comfortable and lot more time consuming... but thanks for trying dude :meow:

NEXT....

Comment

:p its abotu the experience! :p

Comment

in berlin many TJ bros have this type of seating arrangements in their homes :p
                            لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Hmmm..

Maybe.. but if I was gonna do it myself that's still not how I'd do it.. I'd go to some foam companies and check out the different density foams and try to get a good deal..

Maybe I should just go on holiday to Morocco and bring some back with me. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X