X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Praying 2 Rakats when entering a Masjid

:salams

Narrated Abu Qatada Al-Aslami (Radi Allahu 'anhum):

Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "If anyone of you enters a mosque, he should pray two Rakat before sitting."

Bukhari Vol. 1 : No. 435
    “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Re: Praying 2 Rakats when entering a Masjid

Even during the jummah khutba.
    Fight them, and Allah will punish them by your hands, cover them with shame, help you (to victory) over them, and heal the breasts of the Believers (At-Tawba – 14)

Comment

I have a question to ask about the above Haidth :)

Does this apply to when one is entering a Masjid to pray Salah OR does this apply to one who enters a Masjid at any time for any activity?

:scratch:
      “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Comment

I never knew about this until a while ago. I just think back at all the times i went to the Masjid and didn't pray it. Missed out on all those extra blessings :(

:jkk:
        Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Ibrahim70 View Post

I have a question to ask about the above Haidth :)

Does this apply to when one is entering a Masjid to pray Salah OR does this apply to one who enters a Masjid at any time for any activity?

:scratch:
          It is better to apply it whether you come to pray or not.see it as right of the masjid upon you.
          Fight them, and Allah will punish them by your hands, cover them with shame, help you (to victory) over them, and heal the breasts of the Believers (At-Tawba – 14)

Comment

Last edited by elcherino; 23-02-09, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elcherino View Post
              It is better to apply it whether you come to pray or not.see it as right of the masjid upon you.

Oh ok.

So if I enter a Masjid for a class or a lecture, its Sunnah to pray the 2 rakats yes?

Comment

Even during the jummah khutba.
                :salam:

to my knowledge, you pray the 2 rakat no matter what. However if you enter a masjid and they are already praying in jamaat, you are obligated to fall in and pray in jamaat immediately because when you fall behind the imam, u are under the imam's jurisdiction.

but you should check and verify that...

:salam:
                There's nothing natural about natural disasters. Think about it...

Comment

If you have the time then pray the 2 rakaats.unless you are in a hurry to miss part of the lecture/class.

Comment

If you have the time then pray the 2 rakaats.unless you are in a hurry to miss part of the lecture/class.
                    :jkk: :D

Comment

From my limited understanding you do not pray during the Khutbah. Rather it is Sunnah to sit silently and listen.

And Allaah (swT) knows best. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Ma'aSalaama

Comment

Originally posted by elzaeed View Post
                        From my limited understanding you do not pray during the Khutbah. Rather it is Sunnah to sit silently and listen.

And Allaah (swT) knows best. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Ma'aSalaama
                        I could not find the sahih muslim hadith in english.Here is a page from sahih muslim in arabic/urdu with explanation.

Portfolio-bestand 1.JPG

Comment

I don't know Urdu.

Comment

According to Madhab of Imam shafiee , Imam Ahmad ,Ishaq and hadith scholars when you enter the masjid while imam is givng khutba it is mustahabb to pray 2 rakaats.It is makrooh to sit down without praying the 2 rakaats.Madhab of Imam Abu hanifa you do not pray during the khutba.the last part i can not translate it properly.sorry

Comment

Salaams

tahhiyatul masjid

This is something that is prayed upon entering the Masjid, it is very recommended. So as long as the fard salah has not started you should pray it, not only is it a right of the Masjid but also much benefit to you. Each and every place you pray and prostrate your head it will seek forgiveness for you and be a witness on that Day.

We should get in to a habit of it as it does not take long but the effects and rewards are much.

If the person delivering the Friday sermon (Khateeb) is on the pulpit (minbar) then one should still pray the 2 units but they should not be lengthy. After this you should sit and listen to the remainder of the sermon.

And Allah (swt) knows best.

Wa salaams

Your bro

Ibn Muhammad Shafi
                              :lailah:

My living and dying are for the sake of Allah (swt) alone, to Him (swt) do I prostrate myself before.
                              My soul knew you and loved you even before I was born my Lord Allah (swt)

Comment

Working...
                              X