X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Sheesha Is Equivalent to Smoking 18 Cigarettes

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=9&sect...=16&m=7&y=2003
    URGENT!!! your help is badly needed - fundraising for marriage

What a shame, I love a shisha & mint tea on edgware road. I thought the water filtered out most of the harmeful smoke.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

All that crap is Haram!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare MK

All that crap is Haram!!!!!
        EVEN IF SOME WOULD ARGUE...

I SAY IT SHOULD BE!!!!!

Comment

EVEN IF SOME WOULD ARGUE...

I SAY IT SHOULD BE!!!!!
          well if its bad for ur health then yeah!!

are cigarettes haram? some ppl say they aren't but at arabic school they always tell us they are, but I think they are because it damages ur health
          .: Rufaida :.
          .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
          http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
          People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
          but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.
          ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

In the process they use alcohol to distilate the tobacco...

YEAP, Cigarettes are HARAM 999999%

Comment

In the process they use alcohol to distilate the tobacco...

YEAP, Cigarettes are HARAM 999999%
              is alchohol just haram to drink tho? cuz i didnt really think about it n i was just like alchohol is always haram, but then someone said about in hospitals they use it to sterilise things n all that stuff, and that its just haram 2 drink n is ok for other uses...:confused:
              ~ Ibn Atallah

<button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

I think if it enters the body either after drinking it or or or.....

Its HARAM

Unless there wasnt bad Niyaah,

Allah Knosw best

Comment

It depends on what type of alcohol it is.
                  Here is a question asked regarding Coca-Cola, and alcohol but it can also apply to your question about using alcohol to sterilise hospital equipment. From my limited knowledge hospitals use ethanol from a process called fractional distillation, whereby crude oil is distilled etc. Interestingly most salt and vinegar crisps contain vinegar (ethanoic acid) created via the process.

http://www.islam.tc/ask-imam/view.php?q=2972

Comment

Weak Ahadith...

Therefore:

However, because it is doubtful, We must exercise
                    precaution and abstain.

Comment

Well I better lay up on the sheesha. Of course, if you don't inhale... then it's just your mouth that's at risk of falling apart. And all the second hand smoke in the sheesha cafe's...

Comment

Originally posted by marjan
                        It depends on what type of alcohol it is.
                        Here is a question asked regarding Coca-Cola, and alcohol but it can also apply to your question about using alcohol to sterilise hospital equipment. From my limited knowledge hospitals use ethanol from a process called fractional distillation, whereby crude oil is distilled etc. Interestingly most salt and vinegar crisps contain vinegar (ethanoic acid) created via the process.

:shock: theres alcohol in coke?! and crisps? never knew that I never even knew there was more than 1 type of alcohol that they put in stuff... :stratch:
                        ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

Re: In the name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most kind

Originally posted by *IslamicGirl*
                            :rotfl: silly :p
                            ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Re: One Sheesha Is Equivalent to Smoking 18 Cigarettes

Originally posted by marjan
                              ... alcohol to sterilise hospital equipment. From my limited knowledge hospitals use ethanol from a process called fractional distillation, whereby crude oil is distilled etc. Interestingly most salt and vinegar crisps contain vinegar (ethanoic acid) created via the process.

Ethanoic acid isnt an alcohol, and ethanol comes from a process called fractional distillation, but the source isnt crude oil, its a chemical group called the alkenes which is seperated from crude oil and then another process using H20 gives you the ethanol:D
                              "And We will remove whatever is in their breasts of resentment, [so they will be] brothers, on thrones facing each other."
                              Al Hijr: 47

Comment

Working...
                              X