Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ive got a shooting pain in my right hand.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive got a shooting pain in my right hand.....

............and its hurting a lot!!

:(

All of a sudden 5 minutes ago a shooting pain in my right hand started. Well I say the hand, its more the middle finger and is causing great pain and distress at the moment.

Whys it happening?

Its at the base of the middle finger and Im finding it hard to type this thread.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this?
    “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Re: Ive got a shooting pain in my right hand.....

brother have no idea....

maybe u shud message ure hand with the other hand

or just stretch your hand out.

did u write too much? lol

sorry i know im crap at this lol
    check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

ouch

did you strain it somehow? don't put too much pressure on it and bandage it maybe till you can get it checked out at the doctor's.
      hope it gets better soon inshAllah!
      The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
      (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
      In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Originally posted by *hijab* View Post
        brother have no idea....

maybe u shud message ure hand with the other hand

or just stretch your hand out.

did u write too much? lol

sorry i know im crap at this lol
        Language!!

Its gone now.

It was there for 5 minutes or more and was causing my whole arm to suddenly bolt everytime the pain came.

If I held my arm in the air it was ok (ish) but if my arm was rested on the desk then the pain would shoot up my hand...........a trapped nerve maybe? Or just old age? I am 32 you know..............now where did I put my slippers and hot chocolate? :p

Oohhhhhhh and the finger is all tingly now like a 'pins and needles' feeling.

Strange.

Well thank you Nurse *Hijab* for your worthless words of advice :p
        “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Comment

Originally posted by Ibrahim70 View Post
          Language!!

Its gone now.

It was there for 5 minutes or more and was causing my whole arm to suddenly bolt everytime the pain came.

If I held my arm in the air it was ok (ish) but if my arm was rested on the desk then the pain would shoot up my hand...........a trapped nerve maybe? Or just old age? I am 32 you know..............now where did I put my slippers and hot chocolate? :p

Oohhhhhhh and the finger is all tingly now like a 'pins and needles' feeling.

Strange.

Well thank you Nurse *Hijab* for your worthless words of advice :p

anytime :up:

LOL slippers and hot chocolate! u sound liek a grandpa lol

Comment

Rsi?
            You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

anytime :up:
              Its back again Nurse :(

Makes my head feel all dizzy as weel, did I add that before?

Comment

HAHA honestly my sis hit 32 and had an 'im old' moment, get over it lol, i'm not moaning or feeling old til i hit 40!

call up the emergency center they give good advice. or like i said bandage your finger, don't strain it and go the doctors.
                The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

not a doc :) (Alhamdulillah!)

But it really does sound like symptoms of RSI - the best you can probably do is gobble down some pain relief pills (maybe Ibuprofen - which is an analgesic as well as being anti-inflammatory - so better for pain where there may be inflammation).

Alternatively you're right, it could be a trapped nerve, but you shouldn't have a recurring problem in that case.

About the limit of what I know...ring NHS Direct (they're useless but it's always fun chatting to a clown)

ps: Alhamdulillah I'm good.
                  Last edited by Joha; 15-10-08, 07:57 PM.
                  ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                  a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                  worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                  a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                  and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
                  (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

Originally posted by Joha View Post
                    not a doc :)

But it really does sound like symptoms of RSI - the best you can probably do is gobble down some pain relief pills (maybe Ibuprofen - which is an analgesic as well as being anti-inflammatory - so better for pain where there may be inflammation).

Alternatively you're right, it could be a trapped nerve, but you shouldn't have a recurring problem in that case.

ps: Alhamdulillah I'm good.
                    :jkk: good advice Ahki

Its gone suddenly...............but was there when I clicked on REPLy.........oh ita back again..........how weird!! lol

Anyways, im loggin off now and resting my hand in case it is RSI :(

Comment

Its back again Nurse :(

Makes my head feel all dizzy as weel, did I add that before?
                      mmmm i think u shud go to one of those emergency places like keekee sed

take sum pain killers

is your hand swollen?....

Comment

I am 32 you know..............now where did I put my slippers and hot chocolate? :p
                        I always thought you were in your twenties. Boy was I wrong....
                        مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                        It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                        Surah al-Baqarah
                        [2:245]

.:.
                        .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                        Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
                        ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                          :rotfl:
                          i second that!! :D
                          The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said, 'Whoever fasts Ramadhan with Iman and Ihtisab [seeking reward], will have his previous sins forgiven.' {Al-Bukhari & Muslim} :love: :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah4lyff View Post
                            :rotfl:
                            i second that!! :D
                            at least he will feel young now lol

Comment

is your hand swollen?....
                              Nope

Originally posted by Muslimah4lyff View Post
                              :rotfl:i second that!! :D

at least he will feel young now lol
                              True :banbear:

Pain is off and on and not continous....................so not sure if its RSI or not. Just been reading up about it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repetitive_strain_injury) and I dont think its that.

So what is it?

*sighs*

Maybe Allah swt is telling me to stop surfing the net and sit down and read a book?

Comment

Working...
                              X