X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can You Rape Your Own Wife?

Originally posted by muslim_sis View Post
    brother ur statement is wrong...if someone is asking islamically is it allowed for such and such , you dont answer saying 'u can do it but ull be questioned on judgement day' ... you answer on the basis of quran and hadith , what islam says about it.

If someone asks 'is it ok for me not to pray' , u dont answer saying 'u can miss ur prayers but ul have to answer on judgment day' , youd say something like 'it is compulsory for a mu'min to perform salah and the salah is what distinguishes the believer from the non believer' !!
    My statement was not wrong at all. I can commit sins as I please. If for example I wanted lie about something I could just open my mouth and do it.

Anyone with a decent grasp of the English language can see that I am saying three things with my initial post.

1) it is not permissable Islamically
    2) it will have a bad effect on the wife
    3) it will have a bad effect on the relationship also

Honestly I shouldn't be surprised at all the way the people of Ummah like to twist someone's words to make them look in the wrong they can be worse than Kuffar sometimes.
    Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: (Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Well.....

One needs to know the obligations and duties of marriage and simple common sense from both the perspective of the husband and also that of the wife to reach the answer for this question.
      Originally posted by NeverGoodEnough View Post
      You "can" and you "may" is not the same thing. As in I can drink alcohol if I want (who will stop me?) but I may not.

Let's not have an argument over nothing please.
      As the word 'can' implies permissibility as in: "Can I eat this turtle?" and one replies in the affirmitive of "Yes you can" thereby its actually understandable why the sister percieved that you were somehow making out the act was permissible via your post.

My statement was not wrong at all. I can commit sins as I please.
      No you cannot, if you claim to be a Muslim thereby being a slave of Allah (swt) you cannot sin as you please at all.
      Honestly I shouldn't be surprised at all the way the people of Ummah like to twist someone's words to make them look in the wrong they can be worse than Kuffar sometimes.
      Well one would be 'worse than kuffar' if we follow your logic of being able to sin as we please. Also none of the sisters who have replied to you are close to kufr let alone worse than the worst of the disbelievers- far from it alhamdulillah.

Maybe 'people of the Ummah' should word themselves better so as to avoid others percieving error in their post so as to be unable to 'twist someones words'.
      Last edited by Fudhayl; 15-10-08, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bushbaby View Post
        Apart from the fact it seems to be wrong under Islam, in the UK it is illegal and the wife can report it to the police. The husband will be taken to court for rape. This has not always been the case in British law, it was introduced some years ago. I can't recall how long ago.
        Good thing we don't follow crappy british law, where you can rape a baby and spend just a few years in prison, and get out early for good behaviour

or you can write a poem and if you are a muslim get arrested for it.

Comment

Some people here are pros at that, dw we "devaints" did understand what you said, sometimes the "poius angels" of this forum dont.
          Last edited by AslanShamil1915; 15-10-08, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Re: Well.....

Originally posted by Abu Hurairah View Post
            One needs to know the obligations and duties of marriage and simple common sense from both the perspective of the husband and also that of the wife to reach the answer for this question.

As the word 'can' implies permissibility as in: "Can I eat this turtle?" and one replies in the affirmitive of "Yes you can" thereby its actually understandable why the sister percieved that you were somehow making out the act was permissible via your post.

Let's not worry about what things imply rather what they actually mean.

"Can" refers to being able to as in the ability to do so. "May" refers to permissability as in "Am I allowed?". "Will" refers to personal inclinations as in (the future tense here) "Would I ever rape a woman?" In my case I would answer in the negative as in "No I would not."

Thank you.
            Last edited by NGE; 15-10-08, 11:38 AM.

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

My statement was not wrong at all. I can commit sins as I please. If for example I wanted lie about something I could just open my mouth and do it.

Anyone with a decent grasp of the English language can see that I am saying three things with my initial post.

1) it is not permissable Islamically
              2) it will have a bad effect on the wife
              3) it will have a bad effect on the relationship also

we r worse than kuffar bc we didnt like the way u said 'u can' rape ur wife
              okayyy
              <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by abuislam View Post
                Salaam Alykum wrwb

A brother asked a very interesting question last night and i thought i would share.

'If a woman refuses her husband his right can he force himself upon her?'
                :wswrwb: i wouldnt call that "interesting" i would call that an evil thought and seek refuge in Allah from such evil thinking . if a mans wife doesnt want to sleep with him and is refusing to and rejecting his advances, then she is either ill, or doesnt like him much, and he can divorce her, or marry again, not force himself on her like some evil animal. la howla wala qawata illah billah since when have the muslim men had to force themselves on a woman! they have far more dighnity and honour than to even think that insha Allah. any man who does this to his wife, she will hate him with all her heart.
                "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by saladin1970 View Post
                  Good thing we don't follow crappy british law, where you can rape a baby and spend just a few years in prison, and get out early for good behaviour

or you can write a poem and if you are a muslim get arrested for it.
                  That's not the subject of the thread

Comment

Originally posted by AslanShamil1915 View Post
                    Some people here are pros at that, dw we "devaints" did understand what you said, sometimes the "poius angels" of this forum dont.
                    Brother I have seen so much of such behaviour offline in the real world where Muslims will be quick to jump at any perceived fault of another Muslims and then broadcast it to all and sundry. So I am not surprised that it would happen on a forum. Its more likely in fact due to the anonymous nature of the communication here.

Only Allah knows why these people do this to their fellows. Damage their image before others. May Allah forgive them and us. Ameen.

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Originally posted by abuislam View Post
                      Salaam Alykum wrwb

A brother asked a very interesting question last night and i thought i would share.

'If a woman refuses her husband his right can he force himself upon her?'
                      This is soooo wrong, but spousal rape is the most common rape.

But if your husband is very practising, fears Allah then he wouldnt do these things to you. Thats what I was told ne ways .
                      And He found you lost and guided you,
                      ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
                      " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
                      ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Re: Well.....

Originally posted by Abu Hurairah View Post
                        Also none of the sisters who have replied to you are close to kufr let alone worse than the worst of the disbelievers- far from it alhamdulillah.
                        [/I]
                        I have not referred to any sister in particular. Only Allah knows what is their hearts and the hearts of the brothers also.

Alhamdulillah there are many brother's and sister's on this site who are great examples to me and others. But there are also those who sign in to the forum and give their "lip service" and then go back to their lives of only Allah knows what. Again mentioning no names of course.

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

I cant believe ppl are arguing over one english word when in fact the whole posts condenms such actions ...

Theres nothing wrong with NVG post ... husbands 'can' rape their wives (if they so wish too) ... who is stopping them? its called 'rape' for a reason, against the will of the wife ...

Whether its morally/ethically right is what we should be considered with .. an his post clearly states his thoughts.

so ppl can we stop picking on a 'wrong' choice of word, one word out of about 30ish? And look at the bigger and broader picture he is portraying.
                          When you were born you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying...

Man's way leads to a hopeless end...Allah's way leads to an endless hope

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                            we r worse than kuffar bc we didnt like the way u said 'u can' rape ur wife
                            okayyy
                            Salaam sister,

When you say "we"...

Well if you include yourself in that as one I think is worse than Kuffar then please do not as that is not my opinion of you however it sounded.

I would never call my fellow Muslim a kafir.

JZK.

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Comment

Originally posted by Treasured Soul View Post
                              I cant believe ppl are arguing over one english word when in fact the whole posts condenms such actions ...

Theres nothing wrong with NVG post ... husbands 'can' rape their wives (if they so wish too) ... who is stopping them? its called 'rape' for a reason, against the will of the wife ...

Whether its morally/ethically right is what we should be considered with .. an his post clearly states his thoughts.

so ppl can we stop picking on a 'wrong' choice of word, one word out of about 30ish? And look at the bigger and broader picture he is portraying.

sis that is sooo true i fink u jus summed it up
                              And He found you lost and guided you,
                              ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
                              " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
                              ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

okay...
                                lol just saw ur signature :p
                                erm anyway, i do understand ur post what ur saying yeah, but i think its better not to say like "u can" altho u did not mean its permissable.
                                if we want to forbid evil shudnt we do it in clear and definite terms, not to leave ne doubt whatsoever. anyway... nevermind, we all agree on the issue itself :\
                                <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X