X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shaking a mans hand

Originally posted by *hijab* View Post
    what wud you do in this situation?:

u go for an interview, and the person interviewing you is a man, and he wants to shake you hand

uh oh, obviously u dnt wna shke it, and u dnt, but how cn u be polite about it?

its likely they wnt give u the job then, becuse it usually comes across as rude

any tips/advice?

anyone experienced this...as im dreading it!
    I've faced something even worse , muslim women offering a handshake and when avoided take it as an insult .
    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Comment

Originally posted by BubbleGum View Post
      As a non-Muslim man who might happen to do something as stupid as to offer my hand to hajibi.... I think you should just wave at him. Extend you hand and put you palm towards him and wave. That says "Hello, glad to meet you. Don't touch me." in a nice way.

~Bub
      i use that one it works mashallah
      FEAR ALLAH (SWT) AS HE DESERVES TO BE FEARED!!!
      OH Allah help your slaves in As Sham
      Donate to syria.
      *Sisters please do not rep or PM me as my wife will kill me so rep her instead*

Comment

Originally posted by ImaanSeeker View Post
        Did you hear this from Yasir Qadhi?

Level of Imaan doesn't come into question in these types of matters. It's purely Quran and Sunnah.

We are supposed to refrain from staring, touching is definitely out of the question.
        what is it with this yasir qadhi thing and shaking a womans hand?? where have people got this from because i cant find a source for it
        FEAR ALLAH (SWT) AS HE DESERVES TO BE FEARED!!!
        OH Allah help your slaves in As Sham
        Donate to syria.
        *Sisters please do not rep or PM me as my wife will kill me so rep her instead*

Comment

Originally posted by belal1 View Post
          that happened to me before. some guy wanted to shake my hands. and i really didnt wanna.

but i couldn't avoid it or my boss would mind :(
          sorry sis, up till now I always I thought you were a bro. Thanks for the clarification tho. and avoid shakin hads with any guy in future insha'Allah.

but how comes u can post in bros forum then? some sisters are also allowed?
          لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

must've been iranian. they always so touchy....

:shock:

He was aswell...he called himself a Persian Arab

Oh and even some muslims don't wash their hands 2 girls ... one at uni one on course... jus open tap a tiny bit and put just fingers under tap for one second... no soap :vomit:

Sick but true *thumbs down*
            Oh Allah,
            Make me want that which is beneficial for me...
            And make beneficial for me that which I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Qadr View Post
              :shock:

He was aswell...he called himself a Persian Arab

Oh and even some muslims don't wash their hands 2 girls ... one at uni one on course... jus open tap a tiny bit and put just fingers under tap for one second... no soap :vomit:

Sick but true *thumbs down*
              Not washing hands really puts me off... some muslims mite not do but MOST non muslims.. dont... they pi$$ and just leave without even washin hands with water... then they come to shake hand with u... offer u somethin to eat... i really get frustrated at work place by this... hence I avoid everythin they offer *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by LastFriday View Post
                From what I have been told from a teacher of mine. There is an opinion which believes that a hand shake for the purpose of business and strictly respect is permissible. I will ask him for more details. I mean, if a brother with very strong imaan, goes to a corporate meeting and meets some customers from around the world and shakes the hand of a woman for half a second...i dunno, will that really make his hair go wild?
                I have also heard this. I personally cannot see the harm under these circumstances. It's doing little things like this that does everyone a favour. You are far more likely get the job if you show you can interact with your fellow workers

Comment

Re: ÑÏ : Re: Shaking a mans hand

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                  kafirs dont wash their hands

why would you want to shake a man or a woman's hand?
                  Why would you want to keep statements like this religionist rubbish on a forum ?

Comment

that happened to me before. some guy wanted to shake my hands. and i really didnt wanna.

but i couldn't avoid it or my boss would mind.
                    ....your a bro arent you.....or am I loosing the plot...again :)
                    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Something to think about:

Its not really necessary for a Muslimah to work. Her father/brother/husband/son is responsible for her.
                      So if modesty/ shaking hands etc etc is such a big issue, shouldnt she just stay at home??

NOT A PERSONAL OPINION....just something to think about
                      وَالْعَصْرِ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                        Something to think about:

Its not really necessary for a Muslimah to work. Her father/brother/husband/son is responsible for her.
                        So if modesty/ shaking hands etc etc is such a big issue, shouldnt she just stay at home??

NOT A PERSONAL OPINION....just something to think about
                        So are you trying to say that those who ARE ALREADY working do not have a problem with shaking hands or anything as such?

Also, are you trying to say those who planning to work should not have a problem with it either?

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
                          So are you trying to say that those who ARE ALREADY working do not have a problem with shaking hands or anything as such?

Also, are you trying to say those who planning to work should not have a problem with it either?
                          Im NOT SAYING anything its just something to ponder over.....ITS NOT MY PERSONAL OPINION

What I am saying stems from something I enquired about from a Mufti a while ago. I was thinking of starting a thread on it and will do so....watch this space!

Alhumdollilah I am lucky enough to get my work done in a female dominated office by 90%. No shaking hands :)
                          Last edited by Jenicca; 10-10-08, 10:00 AM.
                          وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

one thing i've observed is women hardly go to shake other peoples hands..male or female

but men love shaking hands

and muslim men get more offended when you dont shake their hands than nonmuslims

ooh..and dont be mean about iranian people..they make talk slowly...but they are very nice and friendly and are very respectful of us sisters

Comment

lets not jump to conclusions that belal hates iranians now.

be mindful of accusations. :jkk:
                              There's nothing natural about natural disasters. Think about it...

Comment

someones gonna tag this thread "belal hates iranians" lol

akhee u are becoming quite popular in the world of thread tagging...

Comment

Working...
                                X