Prayer Times On Ummah Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer Times On Ummah Forums

I was thinking we should have the daily prayer times showing on ummah's page, what do you guys think?
    The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Re: Prayer Times On Ummah Forums

Originally posted by MG View Post
    I was thinking we should have the daily prayer times showing on ummah's page, what do you guys think?

good idea... but people are in different time zones no? how would that work?

it would be cool if the adhaan could go off as well... :D
    "For those who realise that everything is from Allah, everything is the same."
    ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Comment

:salams

That's a good idea as long as it shows the times for all the major cities in the world (London, Birmingham, Sydney etc) because we have people from all over the world.
      Narrated Abee Hafsah: Ubaadah bin Saamit said to his son: "Oh son! You shall not get the true sense of eemaan (faith) until you know that what has befallen you was not going to miss you and what missed you was not going to befall you..." (Abu Dawud).

Comment

Originally posted by ajnabee View Post
        good idea... but people are in different time zones no? how would that work?

it would be cool if the adhaan could go off as well... :D

yeh i was just gonna say this, we could have the adhan going off whenever the prayer time comes.

I think UK Prayer times should be shown, seeing as its a UK site and most users here are UKers...although it would be good if it could be worldwide prayer times but then the adhan would be going off continusouly all the time!,would be so rewarding for ummah forums if they decide to do it inshallah.
        The Prophet SAW said, "(There are2words which R dear 2 the most gracious (Allah SWT)&very easy4the tongue2say but very heavy in the balance.They are:Subhan Allahi Wa Bihamdihi - Subhan Allahil-Azim

Comment

yeh i was just gonna say this, we could have the adhan going off whenever the prayer time comes.

I think UK Prayer times should be shown, seeing as its a UK site and most users here are UKers...although it would be good if it could be worldwide prayer times but then the adhan would be going off continusouly all the time!,would be so rewarding for ummah forums if they decide to do it inshallah.

yeah but considering we can choose what time zone we are in, in the user cp... perhaps, the prayer times of the time zone we select can be shown? i dunno if thats technologocally possible but it would be well clever if it could be done. :D
          ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Comment

yeah but considering we can choose what time zone we are in, in the user cp... perhaps, the prayer times of the time zone we select can be shown? i dunno if thats technologocally possible but it would be well clever if it could be done. :D
            yeh im sure the techies would know a way around this if it was agreed

Comment

yeh im sure the techies would know a way around this if it was agreed

ok lets lobby sajid innit? where do i sign?
              ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Comment

ok lets lobby sajid innit? where do i sign?
                lol inshallah he sees the thread, ive mentioned it to some of the mods as well

Comment

It would be nice, if one of the Admins could have a chat with the brothers over at SalahTimes.Com and get that engine incorporated into Ummah.com somehow? :up:

http://www.salahtimes.com/Web/Pages/HomePage.aspx
                  Again and again will those who disbelieve, wish that they had bowed (to Allah's will) in Islam. (Koran 15:02)

Comment

Yea cool idea :D

Hey, an add on to the time zones issue.................couldnt you just enforce us to update our profiles to include a relevant LOCATION and then when we log in our profile LOCATION will reflect the time zone that we see?

Is this possible? Can the Web experts's make this happen?

Comment

yeh firstly i hope it is agreed to have it in place in the first instance and secondly im sure the web experts can say whether or not it can be worldwide times or just the UK times

Comment

How would we hear it?

On request?

Comment

Originally posted by thurber View Post
                          How would we hear it?

On request?
                          agnostic men pray according to set times?

i dont think islamic times are the same for zionists,

do zionists even pray? i mean to God?
                          .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                          نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by thurber View Post
                            How would we hear it?

On request?

i dont see how you can hear it on request, because it would go off at the time of the prayer?

if your saying could the facility of hearing the adhan be switched off by the user, then i dont think it should because its an islamic site, so why should it, prayers and adhan are a big part of this religion?

I also think the adhan would be dawah in itself

Comment

i dont see how you can hear it on request, because it would go off at the time of the prayer?

if your saying could the facility of hearing the adhan be switched off by the user, then i dont think it should because its an islamic site, so why should it, prayers and adhan are a big part of this religion?

I also think the adhan would be dawah in itself
                              Im thinking of myself here as a Brother who likes to view ummah while he is at work :o and if Im sitting there, with the volume accidently turned up on my PC and the Adhan crys out of the speakers..............I would be like

I think at least the option of a volume control would be worthy so we can turn it up or down depending on where we are viewing ummah.

Yes? No?

:)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X