X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic.
    replied
    Re: 'Halal' food outlets . . . HFA/HMC/Halal

They're only very few places that are HMC certified.

When the boys go out to eat, I'll bring sandwiches from home.

Leave a comment:

• islam lover
    replied

Our local KFC is apparently doing a halal trial at the moment but I wouldnt eat from there unless it was certified by HMC which it isnt.

Leave a comment:

• islam4u2
    replied

V.Important Bump/Reminder

Leave a comment:

• sapphire_blue
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ze leetle elper
    replied

Everybody is too busy biting into that juicy plump chicken piece injected with pork from their local fried chicken shop? :scratch:

Leave a comment:

• ze leetle elper
    replied

Pumped up pork chicken doesn't bother anyone then? :scratch:

Leave a comment:

• ze leetle elper
    replied

Watch from 45min if you c't watch the whole thing :up:

Leave a comment:

• ze leetle elper
    replied

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
    Does HMC monitor whether the aniimal was raised in a cage or free range? Is this not as, if not somewhat more, important than reciting bismillah when you slaughter it?
    Originally posted by truepath View Post
    Allah and his rasool set the condition of halaal to be that it should be slaughtered by reciting bismillah.

As for being raised in cage, that comes under animal abuse but that doesn't effects halaal or haram issue. However, reciting bismillah or not does effect.
    A very interesting documentary: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...y_in_Our_Food/

Apparently majority of chicken is injected with water to plump it up and make it double the size. For it to be able to do this properly, a protein powder needs to be used...primarily made of animal skin and bone. The skin and bone can be from beef/ pork/ chicken etc.

Leave a comment:

• deywalk3r
    replied

i simple way (well in my laymans view) to show if the chicken will die and to remove doubt would be say firstly do some research on different levels of stunning voltage to see if the chicken dies or not.

This can be done with say a large amount of chickens (say least 100 or lets say a large amount 1000 or why not 10,000 if the moneys there) each one being stunned in the same manner with the same voltage and then checked straight after the stunning if they are alive and for how long for. If all are alive even after 10mins wont that make it ok to use that level of stunning in that manner and at the same time have trained monitors on sight (every day) who are trained to indentify the signs of a dead chicken or if the voltage is too high??

Leave a comment:

• sapphire_blue
    replied

Originally posted by deywalk3r View Post

Whos saying stunning is haraam???

What is not allowed is the animal should not die as a direct result of the stunning. If after shocking you then go and slaughter it yourself then this is ok.

Forbidden to you (for food) are: Al‑Maitah (the dead animals — cattle — beast not slaughtered), blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which Allaah’s Name has not been mentioned while slaughtering (that which has been slaughtered as a sacrifice for others than Allaah, or has been slaughtered for idols) and that which has been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by the goring of horns — and that which has been (partly) eaten by a wild animal — unless you are able to slaughter it (before its death)”
    [al-Maa'idah 5:3]

And Allah knows best.
    Last edited by sapphire_blue; 12-05-09, 09:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• deywalk3r
    replied

AsalaamzWW - HFA have a few scholars they claim the have onboard. One a 'Mufti' from the Wembley area and other 2 i cant remember (1 was or is a Shia) thats what i recall Br Masood Khwaja Chair of HFA saying on the "Halal Debate - Behind Closed Doors" program 2 weeks back..

Whos saying stunning is haraam???
    Last edited by deywalk3r; 12-05-09, 08:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cyber_abdullah
    replied
    Re: Email from HFA about KFC

Originally posted by PhoenixRising View Post
    Yup the islamic fiqh council in 1987, made the fatawa allowing stunning so that they could have KFC.

Lol, if only you knew how silly you sound
    stop being stupid. i was referring to a specific psychology which tends to favour the most advantageous fatwas rather than the truthful fatwas, ie, people going for the easiest option rather than the correct option, which keekee was referring to.

you should think before you speak
    Last edited by cyber_abdullah; 11-05-09, 11:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PhoenixRising
    replied

Originally posted by ahaneefah View Post
    I am asking which Ulema and Muslim organisations (UK) support and endorce HFA?

Perhaps you can try http://www.islamic-sharia.org And ask for a ruling.

Leave a comment:

• ahaneefah
    replied

Originally posted by PhoenixRising View Post
    Every Muslim Nation has backed Stunning.
    In particular i have given rulings from Malaysia, and the Islamic Fiqh Council in Saudi Arabia, who gave a comprehensive ruling in 1987, after convening to specifically rule on this issue.
    I am asking which Ulema and Muslim organisations (UK) support and endorce HFA?

Leave a comment:

• PhoenixRising
    replied

Originally posted by ahaneefah View Post
    Which Ulema back HFA and which Muslim groups?
    Every Muslim Nation has backed Stunning.
    In particular i have given rulings from Malaysia, and the Islamic Fiqh Council in Saudi Arabia, who gave a comprehensive ruling in 1987, after convening to specifically rule on this issue.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X