Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'Halal' food outlets . . . HFA/HMC/Halal

Originally posted by Hafsah View Post
    so you are saying all these chicken places use haraam meat?
    What do u mean? I dont think that what i meant...sorry im a lil slow today.:o
    "Ask (questions from) the learned, speak with the wise, and associate with the poor."

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN
    THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE

Comment

well personally i wudnt eat at a cheap as chips chicken and chips place bcoz i dont eat battery farmed chicken...but poor quality meat doesnt necessarily mean its not halal
      They buy the meat cheap dont mean they'll sell it just as cheap, i didnt say nethin about quality.. Look you've got Warda all confused too now
      Time beat you to it

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix CG View Post
        I'm sure these are FOR PROFIT organisations, so I don't think unity will happen, like any company, they could give a takeover bid.

As far as I know HMC is a voluntary non profit making organisation.

Who gives Subway the halal go ahead?

Comment

we buy a lot of frozen chicken and if you buy it Halal its usually more expensive. but i dont trust any of it to be halal even if when it has a halal stamp on it, a lot of frozen is coming from Brazil which kinda makes it even worse.
          Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the Fire: And evil is the home of the wrong-doers. - 3.151

Comment

Originally posted by Khuram_2k? View Post
            we buy a lot of frozen chicken and if you buy it Halal its usually more expensive. but i dont trust any of it to be halal even if when it has a halal stamp on it, a lot of frozen is coming from Brazil which kinda makes it even worse.

If you don't trust it to be halal - you shouldn't eat it then . . . :S

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire_blue View Post

yeah ur correct.

Comment

If you don't trust it to be halal - you shouldn't eat it then . . . :S
                i dont :zzz:
                Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the Fire: And evil is the home of the wrong-doers. - 3.151

Comment

Originally posted by Khuram_2k? View Post
                  go to a butcher...better quality and cheaper :up:

Comment

Das true, i was gonna mention it yesterday but wasnt 100%

And a brother workin there was sayin they have loadsa applications just cant process them all coz they dont have the time to perform the checks, v busyy
                    Time beat you to it

Comment

go to a butcher...better quality and cheaper :up:
                      we sell it to ghore anyways, we dont eat it ourselves.

Comment

And we should also be careful not to fall into subjective business manoeuvres. Lets not forget its a business end of the day and HMC can be subjective to look out for its interests as i have found out. Please read both sides of the story before believing one. I have read HFA's definition of Zibaah and its contradictory to what HMC is claiming!

http://www.halalfoodauthority.co.uk/main_zibah.htm

Im ok with HFA they deny stunning and all the accusations HMC put forward.

Enjoy KFC!:D
                        Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by abuubayd View Post
                          And we should also be careful not to fall into subjective business manoeuvres. Lets not forget its a business end of the day and HMC can be subjective to look out for its interests as i have found out. Please read both sides of the story before believing one. I have read HFA's definition of Zibaah and its contradictory to what HMC is claiming!

http://www.halalfoodauthority.co.uk/main_zibah.htm

Im ok with HFA they deny stunning and all the accusations HMC put forward.

Enjoy KFC!:D
                          hmm I think what they say and what they do might be different

they should have refused these claims by now

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                          www.QuranicAudio.com
                          www.Quran.com

Comment

Last edited by KeeKee; 07-05-09, 03:09 PM.
                            The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                            (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                            In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Even HMC has it's problems, they are by far the most robust organisation for monitoring 'Halal'. They have real Ulema working for them, and they enforce a good system of ongoing checks.

BUT

As a Grocer (who had agreed to go HMC) told me on Saturday when I went in looking for HMC Chickens, they are a Mafia, there are three grades of chicken , A, B and C, normally supermarkets our size are supplied B grade chickens, but HMC have been supplying me with C grade chicken's with bruises and I have to dispose of 3-4 of them from each batch I get, and since I make 18p a chicken, it's impossible to make any money.

So I ended with 6 HMC baby chickens, which to be honest didn't seem so bruised and battered to me, and 3 HMC Broiler's from another store.

What bugged me the most is that every Butcher (3) tried to fob me off with normal chicken's from their other suppliers saying, these don't have stickers but they are HMC, take them, OR 'We are busy, so we've peeled the chickens skin off, but they are HMC' to which I said, sorry I will only take HMC stickered chickens.
                              Last edited by NewParent; 07-05-09, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Does HMC monitor whether the aniimal was raised in a cage or free range? Is this not as, if not somewhat more, important than reciting bismillah when you slaughter it?
                                What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                                Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                                Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                                but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                                but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                                We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                                freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                                Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                                and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                                Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X