'Halal' food outlets . . . HFA/HMC/Halal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Halal' food outlets . . . HFA/HMC/Halal

Some of us see the sign Halal and we automatically think it is ok to eat. We see that this has been certified by such and such but do we really know what checks that authority does or which rules they follow?

I was reading the Halal Monitoring Commitee's newsletter today and just thought I'd post this -

Look how many checks the Halal Food Authority and the Halal group do!

Look how, according to this, they don't think it is necessary (or they don't check it) to recite Bismillah personally on every animal by manual slaughter.

Look how they allow stunning and mechanical slaughter or they don't check it out at all . . .

It says Halal brothers and sisters - but, please - investigate it before eating.

Our Beloved Prophet (peace be upon him) said, the two there are doubtful matters concerning which people do not know whether they are Halal or Haram. One who avoids them in order to safeguard his religion and his honour is safe, while if someone engages in a part of them he may be doing something Haram, like one who grazes his animals belonging to the King which are out of that some of his animals will stray into it. Truly, what He has prohibited.

(Reported by al-Bukhari, Muslim, and others; the narration is taken from
    al Tirmidhi.)

Re: 'Halal' food outlets . . . HFA/HMC/Halal

To read issue 12 of the HMC Newsletter, click here -

http://www.halalmc.co.uk/newsletters/issue12.pdf

Comment

:jkk: for posting sis.

Its amazing how people just see the halal sign and assume its halal...i had a friend who went to a chicken shop and said it was halal because they had verses of the quran hung up in a frame at the back of the shop
      "Ask (questions from) the learned, speak with the wise, and associate with the poor."

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN
      THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE

Comment

me n my bro were talking about this today actually, and its important, what my question was is, do they kill the animals, or are they just a certifying body?

Comment

i think the problem with these 'bodies' is that they are self appointed..and there are no clear guidelines, hardly any butchers/places in my area are hmc...but thats just because they havent got 2 our area yet ..and the only hmc approved place in a franchise of some place in east london so the approval came automatically

if a muslim tells me they get halaal meat...and i have no reason to doubt them...why should do?

Comment

that is appalling! HFA.

never ever trusted the halal sign only.
            "For those who realise that everything is from Allah, everything is the same."
            ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Comment

which commmittee put the logo on cornflakes?
              i will bear any ordeal, but i will not beg

Watch the game, Learn the game, Control the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hafsah View Post

if a muslim tells me they get halaal meat...and i have no reason to doubt them...why should do?
                :up:

Comment

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post

cornflakes? :scratch:
                  "For those who realise that everything is from Allah, everything is the same."
                  ~ Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by ibn suleman View Post
                    i think HFA....

we really need to be more organised like the jews...they have one committee which sorts out their kosher stuff..not three+ committees trying to compete against each other

Comment

Originally posted by ajnabee View Post
                      cornflakes? :scratch:
                      yup, they have a tiny green halal logo on the side...

i think HFA....

we really need to be more organised like the jews...they have one committee which sorts out their kosher stuff..not three+ committees trying to compete against each other
                      yup, one organised one, that does it properly and everyone agrees with...

Comment

Erm I don't think its fair to believe whatever HMC say about HFA :S

I just checked their website, read the following page:

http://www.halalfoodauthority.co.uk/main_zibah.htm

That does NOT make out that they don't think bismillah should be read for each animal slaughtered, cuz on that page they say it should and like calculate how many men would be needed where the slaughter is mechanical..

So they are saying that where the slaughter is done by mechanical blades.. there should still be someone present to supervise and say bismillah. :S

That does not mean they view bismillah as unnecessary.. all it means is they certify mechanical slaughter as halaal if bismillah is read.
                        My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi

Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.- Shaykh al-Shadhili

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. - Jibreel (as)

ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ
                        O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
                        Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. - Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر

Comment

the three committees (sum1 pls tell me how to spell that word :o) should get together and form a single,unified organisation, which ALL muslims are familiar with

Comment

the three committees (sum1 pls tell me how to spell that word :o) should get together and form a single,unified organisation, which ALL muslims are familiar with
                            the words muslims, unified, and organisation? in once sentence? *brain explodes*

:p
                            My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi

Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.- Shaykh al-Shadhili

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. - Jibreel (as)

ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ
                            O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
                            Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. - Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر

Comment

i've only seen the HMC sign never the HFA... which places have the HFA?
                              Bye bye :salams

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X