Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

plausible scientific explanation of how reciting Quran combats the influence of jinn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plausible scientific explanation of how reciting Quran combats the influence of jinn

we all know that recitation of Qur'aan can ward off the influence of jinn (in particular surahs nas and falaq and ayat al-kursi). i came across a plausible scientific explanation for this, all based on a description of the nature of jinn.

the non-literal translations of surah 27, ayah 10. these are the most common translations:

Yusuf Ali - "Now do thou throw thy rod!" But when he saw it moving (of its own accord)as if it had been a snake, he turned back in retreat, and retraced not his steps: "O Moses!" (it was said), "Fear not: truly, in My presence, those called as messengers have no fear,-

Arberry Cast - down thy staff.' And when he saw it quivering like a serpent he turned about, retreating, and turned not back. 'Moses, fear not; surely the Envoys do not fear in My presence,

Shakir - And cast down your staff. So when he saw it in motion as if it were a serpent, he turned back retreating and did not return: O Musa! fear not; surely the messengers shall not fear in My presence;

Hilali/Khan - "And throw down your stick!" But when he saw it moving as if it were a snake, he turned in flight, and did not look back. (It was said): "O Moosa (Moses)! Fear not, verily! The Messengers fear not in front of Me.

Malik - Throw down your staff." When he saw it moving like a snake, he turned back and fled without even looking back. "O Moses, do not be afraid," said Allah, "My Messenger need not be afraid in My presence,[

Maulana Ali - And cast down thy rod. So when he saw it in motion as if it were a serpent, he turned back retreating and did not return. O Moses, fear not. Surely the messengers fear not in My presence --

Qaribullah - Cast down your staff. ' And when he saw it writhing like a serpent, he turned about retreating, and did not turn back. 'Moses, do not fear, indeed the Messengers do not fear (when they are) with Me,

George Sale - Cast down now thy rod. And when he saw it, that it moved, as though it had been a serpent, he retreated and fled, and returned not. And God said, O Moses, fear not; for my messengers are not disturbed with fear in my sight:

JM Rodwell - Throw down now thy staff." And when he saw that it moved itself as though it were a serpent, he retreated backward and returned not. "O Moses, fear not; for the Sent Ones fear not in my presence,

and now, the very literal translations:

Literal - And throw/throw away your stick/cane, so when he saw it , it shakes/moves as if it is a Jinn he turned away giving his back, and he did not follow/succeed/track: "You Moses, do not fear, that I, the messengers do not fear at/by/near Me."

Pickthal - And throw down thy staff! But when he saw it writhing as it were a demon, he turned to flee headlong; (but it was said unto him): O Moses! Fear not! the emissaries fear not in My presence,

Free Minds - "And throw down your staff." So when he saw it vibrate as if it were a Jinn, he ran away and would not turn back. "O Moses, do not fear, for My messengers shall have no fear from Me."

and, based on surah 7 ayah 107, moses' staff is described (literally) as a snake when he battles pharaoh's magicians:

Literal - So he threw away/threw his stick/cane, so then it is (an) evident/clear snake.

Yusuf Ali - Then (Moses) threw his rod, and behold! it was a serpent, plain (for all to see)!

Pickthal - Then he flung down his staff and lo! it was a serpent manifest;

so, based on this, the jinn seems to be something that vibrates, like the wave-like motion of a snake. and since reciting Qur'aan amounts to creating sound waves, it's plausible that the Qur'aanic sound waves somehow negate the jinn's waves.

and Allah knows best...

Re: plausible scientific explanation of how reciting Quran combats the influence of j

Since when did science give evidence for the exitance of jinn? Your title is misleading. That said, singing KISS lyrics also creates sound waves. I guess itd be correct to assume its equally as effective in 'warding off jinn' as Quran recitations?

Comment

Re: plausible scientific explanation of how reciting Quran combats the influence of j

well since Jinn do not exsit, and never been proved they exsist by any science or lab, it is a rather silly point.

Since you cannot prove that Jinn are real in the first place, I could say that standing on the table, painted with gold paint, waving a rubber chicken in the air while reciting Hammlet is the key to warding off Jinn.... Ummm.. that sounds fun.. I should do that for entertainment next Saterday night.
      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by dour View Post
        well since Jinn do not exsit, and never been proved they exsist by any science or lab, it is a rather silly point.

Since you cannot prove that Jinn are real in the first place, I could say that standing on the table, painted with gold paint, waving a rubber chicken in the air while reciting Hammlet is the key to warding off Jinn.... Ummm.. that sounds fun.. I should do that for entertainment next Saterday night.
        They do exist, prove they don't. If you find what you just described entertaining something's wrong with you.
        "Islam began as something strange and will return as it was, so give glad tidings to the strangers."
        "Don't ever argue with an idiot....
        they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Originally posted by Mujaheedah View Post
          They do exist, prove they don't. If you find what you just described entertaining something's wrong with you.
          Prove unicorns dont exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Isambard View Post
            Define Unicorn? because according to the MSN Encarta dictionary a Unicorn is :
            biblical horned animal: in the Bible, a horned animal now believed to be a rhinoceros or aurochs

btw that isn't the topic being discussed here.
            Last edited by Mujaheedah; 30-03-08, 05:54 AM.
            "Islam began as something strange and will return as it was, so give glad tidings to the strangers."
            "Don't ever argue with an idiot....
            they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Define Unicorn? because according to the MSN Encarta dictionary a Unicorn is :
              biblical horned animal: in the Bible, a horned animal now believed to be a rhinoceros or aurochs

btw that isn't the topic being discussed here.
              A unicorn is a horse with a horn. Demonstrate they dont exist.

This is an example of why asking someone to "prove" a negative is dumb. If you wish to skip to the end of our little excersize you may realize that the burden of proof is with the one making the positive claim. Demonstrate scientifically Jinn exist.

If you have a problem with this, then prove unicorns dont exist.

Comment

Plausible scientific explanation of how putting a carrot in your ear combats the influence of elephants.

A man got on a bus one day and sat down. He noticed that the man in front of him had a carrot sticking in his ear. He leaned forward and tapped the man on his shoulder.
                "Excuse me." he said, "But you've got a carrot sticking in your ear."
                "Oh yes," said the man "It keeps away the elephants."
                "But there aren't any elephants in England."
                "Shows how well it works."
                Last edited by pqrrqp; 30-03-08, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dour View Post

Jinn exist.
                  Reflect on the work of art and you may attain to the artist.
                  - Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani
                  :love::lailah::love:

Comment

Originally posted by Isambard View Post
                    Jinn still exist.... :hidban: and so do angels.....and so does God.:love:
                    Reflect on the work of art and you may attain to the artist.
                    - Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani
                    :love::lailah::love:

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
                      If they require faith though, then it isnt a scientific claim. Hence my point.

Comment

prove that magic giving leprecons don't exsist, or flying, fire breathing dragons don't exsist.
                        Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by 777 View Post
                          Ok, I'll go as far as to admit that jinns, angels and God have exactly the same degree of existence (now, let's not go into useless details here)

Comment

They do exist, prove they don't.
                            Just because you cannot disprove something does not give reason to presume it is true. You equally cannot disprove the existence of Thor or Zeus. It does not mean they are reasonable to believe in. The burden of proof is on the claimant.

Comment

All mankind generations, since the dawn of civilisation, 'thought' they are knowledgeable... They don't understand that their self-acclaimed knowledge is nothing but an illusion derived from pride. Nowadays, humans think they can do anything with their science…

For the millionth you CANNOT use science to prove or disprove the existence of jin, angels and god. Science is merely a tool for us 'physical' creatures to understand and make use of the world.
                              خُذِ الْعَفْوَ وَأْمُرْ بِالْعُرْفِ وَأَعْرِضْ عَنِ الْجَاهِلِينَ 7:119

Comment

Working...
                              X