A Quranic verse I hold as a proof

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Quranic verse I hold as a proof

I saw another thread on something similar and wanted to share a verse I thought was powerful:

The one where Allah says that he makes perfect the tips of ppl's fingers and that is one of his proofs to consider.

If someone knows the exact verse, you can post it

I do not believe anyone had any idea that the fingerprints of each individual would never be the same.

If so, I would like to see the link.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Re: A Quranic verse I hold as a proof

Asalaam Alikum

http://www.answering-christianity.co...ngerprints.htm

Allahu Akbar!!

Yes another proof of His existence.
    “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Comment

What about people born without fingers? Does Allah not like them or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Isambard View Post
        What about people born without fingers? Does Allah not like them or something?
        Yeah, that doesnt even warrant a response but I am genuinely curious to hear non-Muslim feedback on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Promised One View Post
          Yeah, that doesnt even warrant a response but I am genuinely curious to hear non-Muslim feedback on it.
          How does it not warrent a response? You claimed that 'perfect' fingertips is a proof of Allah. How can it be proof if it isnt always true?

Comment

I couldnt really care less what a Non-Muslim has to say on this subject. Allah's verse is reason enough to marvel at our fingerprints, not some Non-Muslim who believe in evolution and whatnot.
            “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Comment

I saw another thread on something similar and wanted to share a verse I thought was powerful:

The one where Allah says that he makes perfect the tips of ppl's fingers and that is one of his proofs to consider.

If someone knows the exact verse, you can post it

I do not believe anyone had any idea that the fingerprints of each individual would never be the same.

If so, I would like to see the link.
              Al Qur'an 075.004YUSUFALI: Nay, We are able to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers.
              PICKTHAL: Yea, verily. We are Able to restore his very fingers!
              SHAKIR: Yea! We are able to make complete his very fingertips

Notice first what this verse does not say.

1- It never mentions fingerprints at all... just "fingertips." There is no hint that the author of this ayaa is even aware that there are fingerprints. The fact that fingertips and fingerprints are not the same is readily demonstrated by Hawaiian Pineapple workers who often lose their fingerprints due to the keratolytic effect of a substance in pineapple sap called bromelain. They have no fingerprints.... but they still have fingertips.

2- It says nothing about fingerprints (or fingertips) being "unique."

So... any discussion of fingerprints and their uniqueness has nothing to do with the Qur'an.

Comment

Originally posted by THHuxley View Post
                Al Qur'an 075.004YUSUFALI: Nay, We are able to put together in perfect order the very tips of his fingers.
                PICKTHAL: Yea, verily. We are Able to restore his very fingers!
                SHAKIR: Yea! We are able to make complete his very fingertips

Notice first what this verse does not say.

1- It never mentions fingerprints at all... just "fingertips." There is no hint that the author of this ayaa is even aware that there are fingerprints. The fact that fingertips and fingerprints are not the same is readily demonstrated by Hawaiian Pineapple workers who often lose their fingerprints due to the keratolytic effect of a substance in pineapple sap called bromelain. They have no fingerprints.... but they still have fingertips.

2- It says nothing about fingerprints (or fingertips) being "unique."

So... any discussion of fingerprints and their uniqueness has nothing to do with the Qur'an.
                The first one is the most accurate translation.

I understand what you are saying, it is not written in a black & white way that you would prefer, but why else is he calling attention to fingertips as a "proof" of his creation?..he doesnt say anything else like this.

Comment

How does it not warrent a response? You claimed that 'perfect' fingertips is a proof of Allah. How can it be proof if it isnt always true?
                  it is always true if they have fingers. If they dont have fingers (which is what .000001%, yes, that proof of God's existance would not apply to them, but it doesnt make the verse inaccurate in any way.

Your point is foolish. That is not an exception that disproves anything.

Comment

it is always true if they have fingers. If they dont have fingers (which is what .000001%, yes, that proof of God's existance would not apply to them, but it doesnt make the verse inaccurate in any way.

Your point is foolish. That is not an exception that disproves anything.
                    People with fingers always have finger tips? Sry no. The verse is false.

Comment

thats not what I was saying at all!!??????? not sure how you got that

Comment

Isambard, you're being silly.

I could make a million watches - then ask people to marvel at the beautiful castle gear and to take that as evidence for the existence of a designer.

Now one of the watches has a broken gear. Does that mean that my statement is 'nullified'? Does that mean that I'm making a false statement?

Edit: I meant one of the watches not having a gear...which would make the analogy closer to what's being discussed.
                        Last edited by Joha; 29-03-08, 07:44 PM.
                        ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                        a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                        worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                        a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                        and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
                        (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

Originally posted by Joha View Post
                          Isambard, you're being silly.

I could make a million watches - then ask people to marvel at the beautiful castle gear and to take that as evidence for the existence of a designer.

Now one of the watches has a broken gear. Does that mean that my statement is 'nullified'? Does that mean that I'm making a false statement?
                          It is when you claim that your watches are 'perfect'.

Comment

thats not what I was saying at all!!??????? not sure how you got that
                            Huxxley corrected you. Based on the corrected verse, its wrong. The onld was was wrong as well as the same problem applies, but Im trying to adapt to the better translation.

Comment

It is when you claim that your watches are 'perfect'.
                              yeah, but he is talking about making fingertips perfect, but if he didnt make a fingertip...that wouldnt apply then would it?

I am only responding to your silly line of thought bc I'm guessing you think youre real smart

Comment

Working...
                              X