Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which is the proper way to kiss cheek to cheek?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which is the proper way to kiss cheek to cheek?

k..i apologize if this sounds silly

being from the west, we are not really a people who greet one another with a kiss on each side of the cheeks

i have seen italians, greeks who do this. and all muslims when they greet do this as well..when brothers greet brothers, they hug and kiss cheek to cheek

sisters do too. is it right cheek, left cheek then right cheek again? is that the proper way? i ve been doing it for years and still get confused because everyone seems to do it differently, moroccans seem to do right, left, and left again?

its awkward when your doing it one way and the person your greeting is doing it another way.

this ever happen to you? is there a proper way muslims should do this?

Re: which is the proper way to kiss cheek to cheek?

ya .. i know what you mean sis .. when i first moved here .. most of my relatives would greet with a kiss on the cheek ... i found it bit awkward at first .. i nearly kissed a lady on the lips once! :rotfl:

So this is what I've picked up ... Just wait for the other person to initiate .. and when they do .. they normally move their face left or right .. then u know which way to go! hope that made sense

and if the other person doesnt initiate, then you quickly do it so they dont have time to think, which time youve kissed them on the cheek :D

but its more like kissing into the air, isnt it :scratch:
    When you were born you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying...

Man's way leads to a hopeless end...Allah's way leads to an endless hope

Comment

Originally posted by Treasured Soul View Post

lol

Yeah just move your head near theirs and go "mwah, mwah"

Comment

arab men do it. pakis dont. I'd find it well weird if some bro started kissing me.
        Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Originally posted by Tahiyah View Post
          this ever happen to you? is there a proper way muslims should do this?
          i dnt think so cos apparently its not sunnah :S (not sure)
          it just varies bc some people do only 2 instead of 3 aswel
          .: Rufaida :.
          .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
          http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
          “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
          but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
          ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by Morris View Post
            lol

Yeah just move your head near theirs and go "mwah, mwah"
            hehe .. thats it!!

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
            arab men do it. pakis dont. I'd find it well weird if some bro started kissing me.
            well paki women have started ... maybe the men will pick it up too :D
            When you were born you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying...

Comment

well paki women have started ... maybe the men will pick it up too :D
              I dont associate with those kind of paki men, thank you very much.
              Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

ya .. i know what you mean sis .. when i first moved here .. most of my relatives would greet with a kiss on the cheek ... i found it bit awkward at first .. i nearly kissed a lady on the lips once! :rotfl:

So this is what I've picked up ... Just wait for the other person to initiate .. and when they do .. they normally move their face left or right .. then u know which way to go! hope that made sense

and if the other person doesnt initiate, then you quickly do it so they dont have time to think, which time youve kissed them on the cheek :D

yeah, its more into the air, your right. we dont actually kiss the cheek, well kinda out of the side of the lips a little, oh i dunno

Comment

In Miami, it's basically a one cheek kiss ... left cheek, no actual kiss sound ... Latin style ...

Portuguese style ... both cheeks, left first ...

Us Irish people just kind of nod at each other ...

Nothing more than a handshake between the guys ...

Comment

This is news to me

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatius F. Peace View Post
                      In Miami, it's basically a one cheek kiss ... left cheek, no actual kiss sound ... Latin style ...

Portuguese style ... both cheeks, left first ...

Us Irish people just kind of nod at each other ...

Nothing more than a handshake between the guys ...

the first time my brother (non muslim) was around a group of my husbands friends (moroccan brothers)...my husband introduced him as his brother in law, so they all kissed him cheek to cheek. he never experienced this before, it was hilarious...he asked/whispered to me whyyyyy are they kissing me? lol..i couldnt help it, i told him they think your cute..;) :D

in time he got use to this and truly admired the brotherhood of muslims :inlove:

Comment

This cheek to cheek kiss is a greeting and in islam a greeting is saying Asslamualaikum and a handshake. Saying that is a sunnah.
                        الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

lol..i couldnt help it, i told him they think your cute..;) :D
                          :rotfl:

I recently took an elderly Muslim gentleman (lebanese) to take a tour of our building prior to his closing ... he was so happy ... when we got back the the lobby, he held my arm like a woman would when her father "walked her down the aisle" at her wedding ... I was a bit taken aback but I was cool with it ...

His wife sent me lunch the next day ... I was out of the office but Cecille and Artie said it was delicious ... :(

Comment

Originally posted by Kasim2k7 View Post
                            This cheek to cheek kiss is a greeting and in islam a greeting is saying Asslamualaikum and a handshake. Saying that is a sunnah.
                            To return a greeting is Fard :

"When a (courteous) greeting is offered you, meet it with a greeting still more courteous, or (at least) of equal courtesy. Allah takes careful account of all things." (4:86).
                            'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

i couldnt help it, i told him they think your cute..;) :D
                              :rotfl:

Comment

Working...
                              X