Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's the difference between barelvi's and deobandi's?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's the difference between barelvi's and deobandi's?

i know alot of deobandi's brother's and alot of barelvi's brother's and talking to each, there is not much difference between them, both are following hanafi madhab, both are sufi, they are just fighting over the past and some thing's here and there they both dont agree on.

1. Both accept the four Imams in fiqh - Imam Abu Haneefah, Imam Malik, Imam Shafi'ee, Imam Ahmad

2. Both are hanafi in their fiqh

3. Both accept the four chains of tasawwuf - Naqshabandiyyah, Qadiriyyah, Soharwardiyyah and Chishtiyya.

so why all the fighting and pointing finger's at each other.
    Last edited by salahuldin786; 06-03-08, 05:39 PM.

Re: what's the difference between barelvi's and deobandi's?

Asalaam

The labels make every 1 fight.

If you were a true muslim ... You would find ways, solutions to unite.

You would bring back the loving days of bro and sis and put hate and pride aside !

w.s
    Last edited by Believer1984; 06-03-08, 05:51 PM.
    Believer1984.com Life is about believing. A website on Islam and everything else.

Comment

that's what im trying to do, im asking the so called deobandi's and so called barelvi's why all the hate. cant we put it aside for the greater good and unite like we used to be before all the difference's started coming in.

Comment

im a deobandi..but im still a beginner and not to sure of the differerences myself

so this thread shud hopefulyl be enlightening.!

Comment

from what ive been told, one of the main differences is "hazir/nazir" thing... and the status at which we hold the prophet pbuh..

if sumone wud care to elaborate?
          Last edited by Mohammed_123; 06-03-08, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Patiently waiting ... :D
            If you were in the clouds, Allah would raise us to you or lower you to us for battle.

said this to the Byzantine troops when they retreated from the battle field to the fortified town of Chalcis.

- Khalid ibn Walid

Comment

Narrated Ibn Abbas: Those who have made their Scripture into parts are the people of the Scripture who divided it into portions and believed in a part of it and disbelieved the other. Sahih Bukhari (6:60:228)
              Believer1984.com Life is about believing. A website on Islam and everything else.

Comment

No Difference between

Barelwis and Deobandis

Q:

What exactly is the difference between the school

of thought that follows Ala Hadrath Ahmed Rida Khan RA

and those that follow the school of thought of

Rashid Ahmed Gangohi against whom i understand

Ala Hadrath had said that there is inherent kufr

in the nature of thought expressed but did not issue

a fatwa of Kufr, as Maulana Rashid Gangohi had passed on.

(may Allah Ta'laa forgive me if i have made a mistake )

there is a lot of ikhtiflaaf in the Indian subcontinent

on this issue and i do understand that it is extremely volatile

- but, i would request you to kindly spare sometime and answer me

A:

Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim:

There is no difference in the generalities of `Aqida and

Fiqh between Barelwis and Deobandis. They are both Sunni

Hanafis, Sufis, Ash`aris or Maturidis. One stands in need

of the best each school has to offer, as indeed hold many

of the living prestigious teachers known to both sides.

Among the best commentaries on Sahih Muslim and the Sunan of

al-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud are works by the Deobandis. The

lives of the Sahaba by al-Kandihlawi is a masterpiece. I`la'

al-Sunan and Aathaar al-Sunan are very valuable. As for Imam

Ahmad Rida Khan and his works, whoever does not recognize

their worth as one of the treasures of this Umma is a blasted

nincompoop who should wear a dunce cap until he learns.

Both sides are strict Hanafis and mainstream Sufis. We do not

endorse the mistakes that anyone might have made, such as

uttering words rightly perceived to lack adab in matters

of `Aqida or contesting the legality of celebrating Mawlid.

Nor do we endorse Takfir. Demonization of the other, saying

they are munafiq is unacceptable. We leave extremism to Najd

and its minions. Come together. Sayyid Muhammad `Alawi al-

Maliki advised you to do so, Sayyid Yusuf al-Rifa`i advised

you, Shaykh `Abd al-Hadi Kharsa advised you, Sayyid Ya`qubi,

Dr. al-Nass, others... Do you think you stand for the honor of

Allah and His Prophet more than such as these? Think again.

When the situation is such that there is mutual avoidance at

mosques, gatherings, etc. then it becomes wajib for every true

and sincere Deobandi should seek out his counterparts among

Barelwis and for every true and sincere Barelwi to seek out

his counterparts among Deobandis, pray together, learn from

one another, give salam, and increase love. Disunity is sin.

Or are you afraid you will lose reputation or funding? Shame.

Here is the resting-place of Shaykh `Abd al-Qadir Gilani and

Imam Abu Hanifa bracing for another Mongoloid onslaught. Will

you Sunnis still be debating and anathematizing one another

because of who said what as the Hour rises? Stressing ikhtilaf

and schism is from Shaytan. If this is what the general public

chooses to follow, it is their loss even as they shout ALLAHU

AKBAR and YA RASULALLAH from God's dawn to the wee hours. Salam.

Hajj Gibril

Shawwal 1423/December 2002

GF Haddad

2002-12-10

Comment

The Barelvis exaggerate in their praises for the Prophet (saaw).

Some might even say they commit Shirk.

The beloved Messenger (saaw) warned us about exaggeration in praising him (saaw), like the Christians have done to Hadrat Isa (as) - so much that they've taken him (as) to be a 'god' or the 'son of...' - Astaghfirullah.

May ALLAH (SWT) Protect us all from all forms of Shirk - Ameen.
                  'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Brelvis believe Prophet s.a.w had Ilm Ghaib - knowledge of unseen, deobandis don't belive that.

They believe prophet was made of noor - light - deobani's don't believe that.
                    Last edited by Omar Mukhtar; 06-03-08, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omar Mukhtar View Post
                      Brelvis believe Prophet s.a.w had Ilm Ghaib - knowledge of unseen, deobandis don't belive that.

They brelivis prophet was made of noor - light - deobani's don't believe that.
                      And the sad fact is that they (the Barelvis) can't see the illogical statements they adhere to.

Didn't the Prophet (saaw) say he was human, just like the rest of us ?

He (saaw) ate, drank and slept like the rest of us ?

Why can't people see the reasoning in that ?
                      'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
                        The Barelvis exaggerate in their praises for the Prophet (saaw).

Some might even say they commit Shirk.

The beloved Messenger (saaw) warned us about exaggeration in praising him (saaw), like the Christians have done to Hadrat Isa (as) - so much that they've taken him (as) to be a 'god' or the 'son of...' - Astaghfirullah.

May ALLAH (SWT) Protect us all from all forms of Shirk - Ameen.

how do barelvi commit shirk care to explain in detail please?

Comment

Originally posted by salahuldin786 View Post
                          how do barelvi commit shirk care to explain in detail please?
                          Please re-read my post, carefully.

JZK

Comment

Originally posted by Omar Mukhtar View Post

They believe prophet was made of noor - light - deobani's don't believe that.
                            One morning the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) was kept back from us, and he delayed the dawn prayer until we could almost see the sun, when he came out in a hurry and commenced the prayer. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) performed it quickly, and when he had closed with Salams, called out, “Stay as you are, in your rows.” He then turned to us and said, “I shall now tell you what kept me from you this morning. I rose last night, made ablution, prayed what had been destined for me to pray, but then became so drowsy in my prayer that lassitude overcame me. And lo, I was with my Lord, Blessed and Exalted, in a surpassingly beautiful form,[23] and He said, ‘O Muhammad,’ and I said, ‘Ever at Your service.’ He said, ‘What are the Supreme Assembly [of archangels] debating about?’ and I said, ‘I do not know.’ He asked this thrice. Then I saw Him place His hand between my shoulders until I felt the coolness of His fingertips between my breasts, and lo, everything was revealed to me, and I knew. He said, ‘O Muhammad, what are the Supreme Assembly debating about?’ I said, ‘About expiations.’ He said, ‘What are they?’ and I said, ‘The walking of one’s feet to good deeds, sitting in mosques after prayers, and making a thorough ablution when most unpleasant.’ He said, ‘And then?’ I said, ‘Feeding others, speaking affably, and praying the night when people sleep.’ He said, ‘Ask, saying: O Allah, I ask You that I may do good works, shun bad, and love the unfortunate; I ask that You may forgive me and show me mercy. And when You try a people, take my soul unafflicted. I ask Your love, the love of whoever loves You, and the love of works that bring one closer to Your love.’”

The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said. “It was the truth. Study and learn it” (Tirmidhi (c00), 5.368–69: 3235).[24]

Comment

QUESTIONS ON THE PROPHET'S AND THE AWLIYA'S KNOWLEDGE OF THE GHAYB (UNSEEN)
                              http://www.sunnah.org/aqida/ghayb.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X