Are there any Jews in Madina?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any Jews in Madina?

My father went to hajj last year and he made the most extraordinary claim. He says he saw a man with the Jewish skullcap running a jewellers in Madina. He asked a local Saudi resident who he was with whether the man was Jewish, and the Saudi told him that yes, there were a small number of Jews remaining in Madina from the time of the Prophet SalAllahu alaihis Salam!

Can anyone shed any light on this? I thought Jews had been expelled from Madina from that time, although I have heard scholars say that the hadiths actually only name 17 leaders who were executed and it wasn't clear what happened to the rest of the tribe. But then I thought, allnon-Muslims were made to leave the Arabian Peninsula, although I've also read that when Umar (RA) was Caliph he didn't make them all leave.
    And if indeed both Jewish tribes from Madina had been expelled, who are these Jews now residing in Madina? What exactly is Saudi law regarding non-Muslims residing in Makkah and Madina?

Re: Are there any Jews in Madina?

What is wrong with their being a Jew in medina? The Prophet SAW did not ban them. As long as they paid the (what is it called?) and do not preach their beliefs to the muslims etc. Their is a hadith where the prophet SAW forbade the killing of those who live under the gaurdianship of the muslims. I read this in a hadith recently in a book titled 'Paradise and Hell in light of the quran and sunnah, Islamic creed series vol 5. by Umar s al-ashqar. The book is quite in depth and long so dont remember exactly what page but inshAllah someone from ummah should remember the hadith????

The jews were more protected under islam then any other authority. Also if this man has been there for xxx number of years and this is where his forefathers are from then would you kick him out? I know this is what they jews of today are doing to the muslims but this individual man is going about his business. I doubt if he was a zionist he wud be in medina living among the muslims? Nway that is just my opinion.

Comment

also another point

muslim reported from thawbaan that a jew asked the Prophet SAW 'what will they (the believers) be presented with when they enter paradise'? The Prophet SAW replied

'The caudate (extra) lobe of fish liver, the jew asked 'what will they eat after that?' The Prophet SAW replied 'The bull which is now grazing in paradise, will be slaughted for them. the jew asked what will they drink after that and the prophet SAW replied 'from a spring called salsabil' the jew said you have spoken the truth.

This proves that their were jews around the Prophet SAW and he actually answered questions from them subhanAllah.

Comment

I thought they were expelled after the death of Prophet :saw: by Umar Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu
        I know there are Xtians still there...
        Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Sorry shamson, but if you go back to the original poster he wasn't saying there was anything wrong with Jews living there or saying that there weren't any in the time of the Prophet (saw) or saying that they should be kicked out. You jumped to conclusions because if you read the post again, the questions he was asking were:

who are these Jews now residing in Madina? What exactly is Saudi law regarding non-Muslims residing in Makkah and Madina?

And if anyone knows the answer btw, I'd be interested to know as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
            I thought they were expelled after the death of Prophet :saw: by Umar Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu
            I know there are Xtians still there...
            Christians in Makkah and Madina? If so then it's less surprisng there are Jews since they wer there ffrom the time of the Prophet :saw:

Are these Christians natives or these recent contract workers?

Comment

why is it so surprising? not every situation between muslims and jews is like that of Palestine/Israel...

Comment

i thought there were only muslims in makkah and madinah. cos thats what teh security told me :S
                “The great Imam ash-Shafi’, he went to his teacher Waki`
                Complaining about the weakness of his memory.
                He told him, ‘abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light
                And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel.”

Comment

this is news , as far as i know there is not a single non-muslim residing in makkah or madinah with the knowledge of the authorities .
                  Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
                  deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Comment

If I am not wrong kuffar can not go into Mekke and Medine..
                    Sehadeth is a message to all generations and ages.... Sheheed Metin Yuksel....

Comment

salam

jews are not allowed in saudi period. so highly doubt a jew would be in medina. saudi even takes bibles away from people at the airport.
                      Last edited by sis_niqabi; 01-02-08, 03:00 PM.
                      Say, O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful.”
                      (Surah Az Zumar, (Chapter 39: Verse 53)

Comment

If i recall correctly, Jews were expelled from Madina during the times of Umar (RA).

And there r no Christians or Jews living in Makkah or Madina. Especially as business men & as locals.

I would not be surprised if they came in during some construction projects thru some back doors. But one vl not b able to pass the checkpoints with an ID which states ur religion.
                        Financial freedom is a matter of choice. We came into this world sustenance-guaranteed from our creator. However, it is our choice to be enslaved by money.

Comment

Maybe the Jews don't technically live in Madinah.

Comment

More than likely the Jews live in the outskirts of Madinah in the zone outside of the haram (sacred area) of Madinah. That is if there are any at all. The same would apply with Christians.

Rasulullah (saw) gave the order to expel the Jews and Christians from the Arabian peninsular:

Malik :: Book 45 : Hadith 45.5.17
                            Yahya related to me from Malik from Ismail ibn Abi Hakim that he heard Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz say, "One of the last things that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said was, 'May Allah fight the jews and the christians. They took the graves of their Prophets as places of prostration . Two deens shall not co-exist in the land of the Arabs.' "
                            The Crisis of ISIS (Response to Hamza Yusuf)
                            Destroying the lies of the Murjiah!
                            http://www.islamic-awareness.org
                            http://islamqa.info/ - Best source on Islamic fatwas
                            Shia Death squads in Iraq ethnically cleansing Sunnis

Comment

Originally posted by cyber_abdullah View Post
                              More than likely the Jews live in the outskirts of Madinah in the zone outside of the haram (sacred area) of Madinah. That is if there are any at all. The same would apply with Christians.

Rasulullah (saw) gave the order to expel the Jews and Christians from the Arabian peninsular:

Malik :: Book 45 : Hadith 45.5.17
                              Yahya related to me from Malik from Ismail ibn Abi Hakim that he heard Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz say, "One of the last things that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said was, 'May Allah fight the jews and the christians. They took the graves of their Prophets as places of prostration . Two deens shall not co-exist in the land of the Arabs.' "
                              In Morocco, at least, every major city had a Jewish quarter where Jews worked at traditional trades such as gold- and silversmithing.

Comment

Working...
                              X