Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ism e Azam

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
    You may not have heard it but its true. There is an ilm e Adaad which includes numbers. But i dont know how to work it.
    ilm e Adaad sounds like Urdu. Cannot be Arabic because in Arabic it would be Ilm-Ul-something. Is it Arithmetic u r talking of?

Similarly Ism-e-Azam doesnt sound Arabic. Any Arabic equivalent?
    Worship only the CREATOR, HE is One and HE is the SUSTAINER of the Universe. Do not worship any of HIS creations nor through HIS creations

Comment

I got a book 99 names of Allah and in the end this ism e azam system is explained. Every name of Allah has a numeric value so you have to look that in the timetable given and then you have to calculate the numbers of your name and match the two numbers then that becomes your ism e azam
      الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

I thought the majority opinion is that ism ul adham is "Allah"
        or there is an opinion that it is "ar-Rabb" because of how often this name is used in making dua. Maybe there are other views that im not aware of (im sure there are...)

if you read the thread in arabic quran islamic, abt surat al fatiha this topic came up in some of the tafsir..

never heard this stuff about numbers and matching etc etc... whats the basis for it?
        .: Rufaida :.
        .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
        http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
        ďPeople praise you for what they suppose is in you,
        but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.Ē
        ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

i dont know about the basis...its just numbers for every name then numbers for every letter..you add the numbers for every letter in your name and match with the names of Allah and that becomes your ism e azam...

dont know where they get this stuff from

Comment

i dont know about the basis...its just numbers for every name then numbers for every letter..you add the numbers for every letter in your name and match with the names of Allah and that becomes your ism e azam...

dont know where they get this stuff from
            You should tell them to give you daleel for stuff like this inshaAllah bro..sounds odd.
            I've heard of Ismul A'dham though I think theres a hadith on it i'll look it up inshaAllah.
            "..And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him."
            [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-D‚' wad-Daw‚ Fasl 49]

Comment

There is a book called Hisn-e-Haseen. i think its written by imam shafii... in that book I read back in the days that Ism Azam could be:

laa ilaaha illa anta subhaanaka inni kuntu min adDhalimeen.

another said it could be.

alif laam meem. allaahu laa ilaaha illa huwa al Hayyu al qayyoom
              لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                I thought the majority opinion is that ism ul adham is "Allah"
                yh the majority opinion is that its "Allah".
                "..And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him."

Comment

There is also a story in Qasas ul Anbiya about Ism e azam...i cant remember..its was when Hadhrat Daud a.s was chopping the woods and two men came and they started reciting ism e azam....anybody know that?

Comment

Kasim, get a book called Muntakhab Ahadith. I think in that as well the ahadith regarding Ism Azam are covered in the Ilm & dhikr section.

Its great book with ahadith compiled in a chronological order... subject wise.
                    لا أريد مِنْكُمْ جَزَاء وَلا شُكُورًا

Comment

Originally posted by truepath View Post
                      Kasim, get a book called Muntakhab Ahadith. I think in that as well the ahadith regarding Ism Azam are covered in the Ilm & dhikr section.

Its great book with ahadith compiled in a chronological order... subject wise.
                      Jazakallah...

Comment

There is also a story in Qasas ul Anbiya about Ism e azam...i cant remember..its was when Hadhrat Daud a.s was chopping the woods and two men came and they started reciting ism e azam....anybody know that?
                        Oh right na'am..its Prophet Sulaymaan (alaihi salam) when he wanted someone to bring the Throne of Bilqis (Queen of Sheba) before she came to him, and the Ifreet said he'll bring it before he rises from his seat and the 'aalim said he'll bring it within a blink of an eye and he used Ismul Allahil Adham read it before dont remember where tho :scratch: inshaAllah i'll try to find it out.

Comment

Originally posted by PearlOfIslam View Post
                          Oh right na'am..its Prophet Sulaymaan (alaihi salam) when he wanted someone to bring the Throne of Bilqis (Queen of Sheba) before she came to him, and the Ifreet said he'll bring it before he rises from his seat and the 'aalim said he'll bring it within a blink of an eye and he used Ismul Allahil Adham read it before..
                          yeah so what im saying is there is a certain ism of Allah connected with every human being..you just need to calculate and find it and do dhikr of that

Comment

Heres the Hadith on Ismul Allahil Adham.
                            Its narrated in Sunan Tirmidhi and its classed as Saheeh

"To Allah belongs a Grand Name, that, if you make du'a with it, it will be responded to. And if you plead or request with it, it shall be answered."

Comment

Originally posted by PearlOfIslam View Post
                              Heres the Hadith on Ismul Allahil Adham.
                              Its narrated in Sunan Tirmidhi and its classed as Saheeh
                              yeah and the ilm ul adaad actualy calculates the name

Comment

yeah so what im saying is there is a certain ism of Allah connected with every human being..you just need to calculate and find it and do dhikr of that
                                But its only one name tho no?
                                If you find can find the source for that you mentioned ^^ please let us no inshaAllah.

Comment

Working...
                                X