Clear All

• Jesus (Iesa) ressurection in the Quran

Al-Imran (3:55)
    Please Re-update your Signature

it never did

say that try again.

Comment

If you read about Daijlal, you will see that JC (Isa) is to return according to what you just said and after Armageddon, which is also 'prophesied' in the Biblical Book of Revelation, which I believe does NOT have to happen either. Are we not capable of making everlasting peace ourselves? Apparently not, the way things are going. BUT - why die when you don't have to? Why not all smarten up in time?

Comment

It Talks About jesus yes

but it does not say it's a son of god. get lost with the arogant tripe. and it also talks about the jews as the people of the book. so try again.

Comment

Islamic - who are you arguing with?

Comment

Islamic- can you not put some of your post in the title as it makes for confusing reading.

I am still not sure what points you are trying to make.

The resurrection of Jesus is best recorded in the gospels so that is where I would go.

Nowhere in the Quran is the resurrection of Jesus (as told in the gospels) rebuked. So I think if you want to look at the resurrection of Jesus the best place is to look at the gospels and new testament.

Revelations- is a very hard book to understand and I don't think you should make any rash judgements on the book. You should read it carefully and always be mindful of the style of writing, the context and the background of the bible that it is based on. Such as Isaiah and Daniel etc.

jeannie- hi again, hope you are well.
            Your point about judgement day etc and how you think it does not have to happen- how would that work then? Do you not believe in a just God? I believe that we must all be judged for what we do. I also believe that we are all condemned to die because of our sins. I believe that we can only be saved from this judgement by believing in Jesus' death taking away our sins and our rightful punishment. We can not make a perfect society here on earth because we still die and we are not perfect.

Therefore, Armageddon, is essential.

Yours,
            Shaver

Comment

AllMostCar, Isa(as), ie.Jesus have been already been lifted to Allah, but as Jeannie said he will return close to Judgement Day and he will kill the Dajjal. And many other things will happen, to the conclusion of the Day of Judgement for muslims, and Dooms Day for non-muslims.

And Jeannie believe it or not but the Day of Judgement will come sooner or later.

Comment

muslim youth- that is remarkably similar to the Christian belief-

Jesus will return to judge the nations. This world will be destroyed and the new creation will be the home of those who believe in the name of Jesus (Christians).

Yours,
                Shaver

Comment

Shaver have you checked your private message, I meant what I said.

Comment

you and all make cars

Originally posted by Jeannie
                    Islamic - who are you arguing with?
                    what part cant you understand. show me proof where it says in the quaran it states jesus is the son of god. i cant believe how you non muslim would sink so low to lie about a holy book. may allah judge you non-muslims without mercy

Comment

shaver i am not disputeing the fact

Originally posted by shaver
                      Islamic- can you not put some of your post in the title as it makes for confusing reading.

I am still not sure what points you are trying to make.

The resurrection of Jesus is best recorded in the gospels so that is where I would go.

Nowhere in the Quran is the resurrection of Jesus (as told in the gospels) rebuked. So I think if you want to look at the resurrection of Jesus the best place is to look at the gospels and new testament.

Revelations- is a very hard book to understand and I don't think you should make any rash judgements on the book. You should read it carefully and always be mindful of the style of writing, the context and the background of the bible that it is based on. Such as Isaiah and Daniel etc.

jeannie- hi again, hope you are well.
                      Your point about judgement day etc and how you think it does not have to happen- how would that work then? Do you not believe in a just God? I believe that we must all be judged for what we do. I also believe that we are all condemned to die because of our sins. I believe that we can only be saved from this judgement by believing in Jesus' death taking away our sins and our rightful punishment. We can not make a perfect society here on earth because we still die and we are not perfect.

Therefore, Armageddon, is essential.

Yours,
                      Shaver

that jesus is in the koran. wht i am disputeing what allmakecar said that it stated jesus is the son of god. it does not say that in the koran nor does it say it in the bible nor the torah.

Comment

Islamic- the bible is very clear that Jesus is the Son of God.
                        He has many other titles as well- Messiah, Word of God, Lamb of God, Son of Man, the Good Shepherd, the True Vine etc.

The Quran states that the bible is the words of Allah.
                        Therefore,.....

Yours,
                        Shaver

Comment

Bismillah Al Rahman Al Raheem
                          In the Name of God, The Compassionate, The Merciful

Salam, Peace to you AMC

There are similarities between Islam and Chrstianity in the sense that we both believe Jesus (upon whom be peace) will come to earth once more near the end of time, but Muslims do not believe in his ressurection simply because they do not believe he died.

The ayah you quote forms part of a group of ayahs discussing the issue:

When Jesus found Unbelief on their part He said: "Who will be My helpers to (the work of) Allah?" Said the disciples: "We are Allah's helpers: We believe in Allah, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims. "Our Lord! we believe in what Thou hast revealed, and we follow the Messenger; then write us down among those who bear witness." And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and Allah too planned, and the best of planners is Allah. Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute. (surah ali Imran, 3:52-55)

The word muttawafeeka (I will take thee) is not synonymous with death (mawt) but rather means that God will preserve Jesus until he reappears. According to the Qur'an, a man with the likeness of Jesus was crucified and Jesus was raised to God, so he never actually died in the physical sense:

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah"; but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
                          Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;- And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgment he (Jesus) will be a witness against them. (surah al-Nisaa'; 4:157-159)

Hope that helps
                          Ma'aslama
                          Peace to all

Comment

After reading this thread, something seems really weird.

All of this debate over what God's intentions are for humanity? Will we really ever KNOW this until we meet him?

The best we can say in this world is that we believe (fill in the blank) is the Truth.

Comment

So basically you are saying that Allah is a deceiving God who tricked the whole of mankind about what happened to Jesus of Nazareth?

Well, I don't like that.

It means that the Almighty tricked the whole of His world for 600 years about something that cost the followers of Jesus everything. Well, sorry, but I can not respect that. Do you have any justification for this?

Incidently- Sura 4 is refering to the Jews. It makes no mention of the Roman authorities (the ones who actually did crucify Jesus) or make a mention of the christian belief about Jesus. It merely states that Allah foiled the plans of the Jews. This actually agrees with the christian belief that Jesus died on the cross and rose again. The Jews at the time had failed in killing Jesus because Jesus rose again.

Shaver

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X