• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LaylaAb View Post

walaikum salam

It was typo, sorry.

wa iyyakum
    Sister their is no need to say sorry because you did nothing wrong.
    ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created the earth and everything in the earth and created all of the heavens and everything in all of these heavens and created all of the hells and everything in all of these hells and created all of the universes and everything in all of these universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

I wasn't lonely when I first started using ummah forum, but I've had to deal with a lot of loneliness since becoming ill as most of my "IRL" friends disappeared from my life- almost none of them came to visit and I stopped getting phone calls from them several years ago. On average I had a visitor pop round maybe once in six months to see how I was doing and that was it- now I don't even get that.

Having said that, I feel my situation has given me the best possible preparation for the lockdown. I'm pretty much housebound anyway, so used to not going out and used to not getting visitors. In a lot of ways, things are very business as usual as the past 10 years have been pretty much involuntary quarantine for me. In fact I find it amusing all those snowflakes crying because they can't go to the pub, their friends can't come round and they can't go outside. Maybe if I were younger and had my health I'd be upset like them, but now I'm like welcome to my world and stop being such a cry baby.
      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

What if Internet is real life for someone and offline is just an escape like the other way around :hypnotysed:

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post
          I wasn't lonely when I first started using ummah forum, but I've had to deal with a lot of loneliness since becoming ill as most of my "IRL" friends disappeared from my life- almost none of them came to visit and I stopped getting phone calls from them several years ago. On average I had a visitor pop round maybe once in six months to see how I was doing and that was it- now I don't even get that.

Having said that, I feel my situation has given me the best possible preparation for the lockdown. I'm pretty much housebound anyway, so used to not going out and used to not getting visitors. In a lot of ways, things are very business as usual as the past 10 years have been pretty much involuntary quarantine for me. In fact I find it amusing all those snowflakes crying because they can't go to the pub, their friends can't come round and they can't go outside. Maybe if I were younger and had my health I'd be upset like them, but now I'm like welcome to my world and stop being such a cry baby.
          Thank you for sharing this. I will always remember your story to not ever treat someone I know like this if they were to get sick.

Comment

Originally posted by sajid View Post
            What if Internet is real life for someone and offline is just an escape like the other way around :hypnotysed:
            Reverse ideology......i like it!
            'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]'

Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Comment

It's 2020...the Internet is real life. There's really no separation anymore tbh.

Comment

Perhaps

Comment

It.could be true for the lonely folks on here.

Comment

I think, for me, it's a distraction from loneliness. It helps. Very much a help in keeping the mind going.

I came to the conclusion, a very long ago, it's not the same as human interaction in real world, which is needed. I'm an introverted person but I still like company at times.

But everybody is different.

Comment

It somehow does provide some form of companionship even just reading peoples issues and advising them as best you can even though you dont knpw them

Comment

yea maybe, i think i come on the forums im registered to and on social media a lot at night as i cant sleep due to my mental issues, im just very restless and on edge....

Comment

very lonely

Comment

I'm past that stage. Now I'm only here to observe the tomfoolery.

Comment

Yes. I haven't really dealt with it in the best way. I have no drive...for anything, be it deen or dunya. I really needed someone to love me, it just never happened. I don't achieve anything. I hardly even make dua and when I do, I'm not sure ........

Comment

Originally posted by ten_toes View Post
                                Yes. I haven't really dealt with it in the best way. I have no drive...for anything, be it deen or dunya. I really needed someone to love me, it just never happened. I don't achieve anything. I hardly even make dua and when I do, I'm not sure ........
                                Cheer up sis

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X