Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should a person disclose an addiction to a family member?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should a person disclose an addiction to a family member?

As salaam alaikum, I want to know if it is best to disclose an addiction issue to a family member to seek help or keep it between me and Allah (swt) and find ways to do so? I have been battling this for 7 years and my longest sobriety has be 28 days.

It is discourraged to openly sin, but if you are not strong enought to get yourself to stop sinning without help, you should definately get someones help, someone you trust wont tell anyone else, and someone that will definately help you not just gibe some random advice, but actual help, and they will follow you up etc
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

You definitely should talk to someone, sometimes you feel like you 'should' manage it on your own but reaching out to someone who has your best interest at heart is much better. Addictions are terrible, often a good support system is a must!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X