Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How practicing are the Muslims in your community?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abdell View Post
    We cant even fill up our first rows in our masajids.
    Even on a Friday?
    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by P1RAT3N View Post

Oh alrighty then.

Well I do live in the west. Nordic. Born and raised in the north. Born muslim, raised muslim and still a practicing muslim.
      As for the others, I have completely no hope for them anymore. The friends I knew growing up with practiced (I supposed). They were at least modest. Now I don't know the last time they put a foot in a masjid. They don't pray anymore, they party day in day out, no completed education, no hijab anymore. Drugs, smoke, liquid... You name it. They changed to the worst. From being kinda modest.

I lost hope in my community.
      Is this what most of the youth in you community ended up like and was this when they started going college or university or just in general bad environment and peer pressure

and are u saying theres no adolscent people who are practising in your community at all?

Comment

Where I live the masjids are full on Friday but fairly empty the rest of the week.

What I see around me people are strongly cultural and this comes before what it says in Islam for them. There are exceptions to this but I've only seen one or two.

If I attend masjid, I am usually the only female there, either at the back or in the masjid nearer work, upstairs. Not because there are no practising sisters, but probably because sisters dont have to go and are busy at home. It's pretty lonely being a convert, female and working during the week. All the female classes are on a Wednesday morning or during the week at other masjids.

At work, none of the other Muslims pray during the day, even though they could. One other sister wears hijab and the other three take their hijab off when they get to work. The brothers are not practising at all, bar one who fasts Ramadaan. The rest eat haram food, steal from work, talk about women in a disgusting way and go out drinking with the other guys at work.

The older men and older women are practising from what I see around me Alhamdulillah, so there are some good examples to follow in them.
        Last edited by Rifqah; 13-01-18, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by msmoorad View Post
          salaams to all

i live in Durban, South Africa.
          due to the apartheid era, we were allocated certain areas to live in- all the Indians had to live in those areas and were not allowed to live in any area that was designated for other race groups.

the advantage of this was the muslims of the Indian community were kept in close contact with each other and generally had some form of Islamic identity- even though many of these muslims practiced more upon culture & tradition than Islam.

the strange part of the muslims of Indian origin in SA is that its the wealthier class who are more observant with regard to overall deen & punctual with salaah etc while with the poorer muslims tended to intermarry a LOT with the Hindus & whatever little deen they had in their lives became diluted.

the poorer muslims tend to follow the Bareilwi ulama while the wealthy ones are mostly Deobandis
          most of the wealthy muslims came from the Gujarat province & the poorer ones were from Calcutta & Hyderabad.

these poorer muslims lead their lives such that they come to the musjid ONLY on Fridays or some BIG night- ie 12th Rabi ul Awwal- which is when they believe Rasulullah SAW was born etc & they attend the Eid salaahs despite many not keeping ANY fast at all without a valid reason.

according to our research, theres approx 200 baligh muslim males in my area but we get 20 max at the musjid daily
          and on Jumuah etc that goes up to 50-60.

in the wealthier areas, theres waaay more muslims who are regular at the musjid.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
          jazakallaj
          This is so interesting
          Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

What about the older people in your area?
            They aint any better tbh. They do the exact same things...

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Is this what most of the youth in you community ended up like and was this when they started going college or university or just in general bad environment and peer pressure

and are u saying theres no adolscent people who are practising in your community at all?
              I go to uni myself but never did the bad stuff. You can choose to join a club, it's up to you. There's no one who can force you unto anything cuz people there are grownups. There's nothing wrong with uni but if you lack self respect and has weak imaan then you shouldn't even leave the house, there's fitnah everywhere in this world.

There propably is one in a hundred, but most of the time you can't trust anyone. I don't know what your definition of practicing muslim, but for me, following the five pillars aint enough to be called practicing. Muslim people here lack akhlaq and adaab. A "sheikh" or "imam" will hold the friday khutba but the other days show completely different face. And having some stupid wicked views. It's insane and mindblowing...

Peoole change in an instant and I've not met anyone following islam lika a real muslim. This is why I'm starting to hate humans in general. I am becoming so salty it's not fun.

I guess I'll live solo for the rest of my life...

Comment

I go to uni myself but never did the bad stuff. You can choose to join a club, it's up to you. There's no one who can force you unto anything cuz people there are grownups. There's nothing wrong with uni but if you lack self respect and has weak imaan then you shouldn't even leave the house, there's fitnah everywhere in this world.

There propably is one in a hundred, but most of the time you can't trust anyone. I don't know what your definition of practicing muslim, but for me, following the five pillars aint enough to be called practicing. Muslim people here lack akhlaq and adaab. A "sheikh" or "imam" will hold the friday khutba but the other days show completely different face. And having some stupid wicked views. It's insane and mindblowing...

Peoole change in an instant and I've not met anyone following islam lika a real muslim. This is why I'm starting to hate humans in general. I am becoming so salty it's not fun.

I guess I'll live solo for the rest of my life...
                following the 5 pillars allows you to call your self a muslim and not a kaafir
                i dont believe thats practising

Make duaa that Allah protects you from all types of fitna as anyone can fall victim to shaytaan always try and read quran and seek into islamic knowledge and i recommend when your able to
                to leave that area u reside in as its not good for a muslim

no kaafir country is but especially places where practising muslims are scarce

and u shouldnt hate humans there are plenty if good people u just dont have them around you

Also what do you nean the sheiks have weird and wicked views can you elaborate on that

Comment

Most people where I'm from are muslim and most are practicing. There's a masjid across the road, another 5mins away, another 15mins away. As for the younger generation, I only mixed with and know those that are practicing. I'm not exposed to anything else. Alhamdulillah a plus is that niqab is very common. You see it everywhere. The same with men in thobes etc.

What I've noticed with masjid attendance is that in the majority bangladeshi/pakistani mosques, women hardly ever attend, sometimes they lock the women's side all together. But in the somali masajid and the more diverse mosques, women are in the masjid frequently. On fridays the masjids are usually packed full especially the bigger ones. During ramadan it's even more full, sometimes we have to pray outside.

شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                  فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                  وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                  ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

following the 5 pillars allows you to call your self a muslim and not a kaafir
                    i dont believe thats practising

Make duaa that Allah protects you from all types of fitna as anyone can fall victim to shaytaan always try and read quran and seek into islamic knowledge and i recommend when your able to
                    to leave that area u reside in as its not good for a muslim

no kaafir country is but especially places where practising muslims are scarce

and u shouldnt hate humans there are plenty if good people u just dont have them around you

Also what do you nean the sheiks have weird and wicked views can you elaborate on that
                    Thank you brother for your advice, I'll try to keep myself on the right path inshallah.

I lost hope and I wish I didn't. But it's hard when you, as a practicing muslim, get spit on because you don't wanna do what they do. Your fellow muslim brothers and sisters sees you as a weird and unfunny human being. That's not fun to deal with in a daily basis. At first I did dua'a for them. Now I want to punch them to death.
                    I didn't find anyone to good so far. I don't know if I can even find them. Do they even exist?

The area is bad (lots of crimes, drugdealers and police cars roaming the streets every other day) but as long as you stay away from these troublesome people you can survive. Which means you gotta isolate yourself.
                    Muslims in this country never end well and I don't understand how. I mean you have all the possibilities to practice your religion here, It's the right of every human but most of them end up going the opposite direction.

It's true, following the five pillars makes you muslim. But if you behave like a monkey then I will see you as a decieving, two faced human with no self respect. Tou should be a muslim all the time, not just during ramadan or when you pray. This is what most of the people do here.

And also it seems as if it's to easy to become a sheikh. You fast whole ramadan and gave sadaqa once then you're the smartest person on earth. It's alot of refugees in my area and one country out of them keeps doing problems. And It's also them with all those "sheikhs" who don't even know the proper meaning of the shahadah. (I won't say which just to keep it respectful against the other people here).

They put a hidden camera before. A muslimah asked different sheikhs about her getting beaten by her man everyday. She obeys, tries her best but he beats her black and blue everyday for no reason. One imsm told her to divorce. The three others told her to be patient and wait because he is her husband and she shouldn't leave him.... This is one example of many other stuff.

Is this how a real sheikhs should respond?
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Thank you brother for your advice, I'll try to keep myself on the right path inshallah.

I lost hope and I wish I didn't. But it's hard when you, as a practicing muslim, get spit on because you don't wanna do what they do. Your fellow muslim brothers and sisters sees you as a weird and unfunny human being. That's not fun to deal with in a daily basis. At first I did dua'a for them. Now I want to punch them to death.
                      I didn't find anyone to good so far. I don't know if I can even find them. Do they even exist?

The area is bad (lots of crimes, drugdealers and police cars roaming the streets every other day) but as long as you stay away from these troublesome people you can survive. Which means you gotta isolate yourself.
                      Muslims in this country never end well and I don't understand how. I mean you have all the possibilities to practice your religion here, It's the right of every human but most of them end up going the opposite direction.

It's true, following the five pillars makes you muslim. But if you behave like a monkey then I will see you as a decieving, two faced human with no self respect. Tou should be a muslim all the time, not just during ramadan or when you pray. This is what most of the people do here.

And also it seems as if it's to easy to become a sheikh. You fast whole ramadan and gave sadaqa once then you're the smartest person on earth. It's alot of refugees in my area and one country out of them keeps doing problems. And It's also them with all those "sheikhs" who don't even know the proper meaning of the shahadah. (I won't say which just to keep it respectful against the other people here).

They put a hidden camera before. A muslimah asked different sheikhs about her getting beaten by her man everyday. She obeys, tries her best but he beats her black and blue everyday for no reason. One imsm told her to divorce. The three others told her to be patient and wait because he is her husband and she shouldn't leave him.... This is one example of many other stuff.

Is this how a real sheikhs should respond?
                      ​​​​​​
                      This is the life of a muslim
                      The prophet :saw: was called a madman a magician a liar everything you name it
                      he had animal intestines thrown on him he was driven out by his won extended family and people threw rocks at him till blood reached his sandles all because he was muslim and gave the dawah of laa ilaaha ilalaa

When the prophet first revieved prophethood he went with his wife khadija to her uncle waraqah bin nawful he was a christian who studied the scriptures( there was no islam at the time yet but he was still a muslim as he believed in one God and di not see jesus as the son of God) the uncle said to the prophet you will face hostility

if you look at all the prophets they all recieved hostility from the kuffar the hypcrite so called muslims (munaafiqs) and murtadeeb(apostates)

you have to have sabr and ask Allah to keep you steadfast

i dont think you can fully practise your religion in these non muslim lands but thats another story

and no these so called sheiks are not doing what they should be doing what do they want the sister to be killed from domestic violence she should leave the man and get khula from a sharia court if there is one or go to a legit reliable imam for help

Comment

After thinking very hard about what I've seen in my city, I can only remember seeing 9 women covering their hair, 2 men praying outside a gas station many years ago, and a brother with a beard in high school. Apparently, 3.1% of my city is Muslim, but I feel like this information is very wrong. I've known people who ascribed themselves to Islam but weren't practicing, so that could be the issue although I doubt that's the case. I remember only 1 of the women covering their hair was wearing an abaya while the rest wore western clothing, one of the girls who wore a headscarf in my high school said something incredibly disgusting and blasphemous about Eesa AS, and the brother with the beard was the president of the philosophy club and many, many haram things would take place there. He was in charge of it, so it's not nice to think about.

I live in the outer suburbs, but the closer you get to the city, the more Muslims you see. I remember I was in the city around one of the largest masajid in the area and I saw a group of brothers walking down the street wearing thobes. I was in shock since I've only seen things like this on the internet. I remember boarding a plane and seeing a brother lowering his gaze and I was impressed because I've never seen anyone do that before. In my city I saw a woman covering her hair and I felt excited to see someone who sort of dresses like a Muslim and I gave her salams, but she just gave me a weird look which was awkward and disheartening. It's weird to think that I've only verbally exchanged salams with four people in the three years I've been a Muslim, and none of that happened where I live. I would rarely go to the city but the things I've seen gives me a good impression of the place.
                        Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 16-01-18, 05:24 PM.
                        Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

Here and there. They practise most of it but they don't really want to show that they're Muslim.
                          And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help

[an-Nahl 16:53].

Comment

Last edited by islamuslim; 11-02-18, 05:09 AM. Reason: Tmi
                            Allah's Messenger ﷺ said, "Allah said, 'O son of Adam! Spend, and I shall spend on you."

https://www.crisisaid.org.uk/appeals/yemen/

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X