Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it haram to ask for guidance for a kaafir who wronged you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it haram to ask for guidance for a kaafir who wronged you?

Assalamu alaykum

I know this sounds weird, but I'll explain. Our neighbor broke into our house and stole from us, so I asked Allah to either curse him or guide him to Islam. I have read on islamqa that cursing kuffar is allowed, but is it also allowed to ask for them to be guided to Islam? Or was my dua to Allah completely inappropriate?

The reason I asked for a curse is because he wronged us, but there is no concrete evidence aside from my eye witness. Unfortunately, my parents don't want the police to be involved because they don't want trouble with us and the neighbor, because he's moving out soon and he might be dangerous (he gets drunk a lot and steals a lot from people, so we're scared he might do something). The incident was a few weeks ago, and we have changed the locks and made him aware that we knew what he did, and we haven't seen him much.

The reason I asked for his guidance is because I'd love it if everyone entered Islam, quite frankly. And if he does convert, then he would in theory stop his evils. However, I am aware that Allah guides whom He wishes, and He does not guide the wrongdoers.

Basically: is it bad to ask Allah for an evil kaafir to come to Islam?

why would asking for guidance be haram ,what makes you think it could be haram?

Comment

Why would that be wrong? You want more people in the world to be Muslims. Whenever someone wrongs me I pray for them to be better people and better Muslims so they don't hurt anyone the way they hurt me, which is what I gather as the reason why you are praying for him. It's true Allah guides who he wants and doesn't guide who he doesn't want but I think you can still ask. Your intentions are good. Didn't prophet Ibrahim pbuh ask Allah to forgive his father who was an idol worshiper?

Comment

As far as I know it's permissible to make dua for Allah's guidance, for yourself and for anyone else.

As for praying for Allah's curse, I try to avoid that. If someone wrongs me and it really angers me, I opt to pray for Allah's justice instead. I have this fear that Allah will count that as bad deed.

He broke into your house and stole from you, obviously you're very angry about that, sometimes shaytan take advantage, playing with our emotions. Probably why you prayed that Allah will curse him.

The link blow says be careful praying for curse on specific person.

https://islamqa.info/en/36674
        Last edited by islamlife00; 08-01-18, 07:40 PM. Reason: add. clarify
        He has created man from a sperm-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer! (16:4)

Comment

Originally posted by lailahailaHuwa View Post
          Assalamu alaykum

I know this sounds weird, but I'll explain. Our neighbor broke into our house and stole from us, so I asked Allah to either curse him or guide him to Islam. I have read on islamqa that cursing kuffar is allowed, but is it also allowed to ask for them to be guided to Islam? Or was my dua to Allah completely inappropriate?

The reason I asked for a curse is because he wronged us, but there is no concrete evidence aside from my eye witness. Unfortunately, my parents don't want the police to be involved because they don't want trouble with us and the neighbor, because he's moving out soon and he might be dangerous (he gets drunk a lot and steals a lot from people, so we're scared he might do something). The incident was a few weeks ago, and we have changed the locks and made him aware that we knew what he did, and we haven't seen him much.

The reason I asked for his guidance is because I'd love it if everyone entered Islam, quite frankly. And if he does convert, then he would in theory stop his evils. However, I am aware that Allah guides whom He wishes, and He does not guide the wrongdoers.

Basically: is it bad to ask Allah for an evil kaafir to come to Islam?
          wa alaikum salaam,

it's permissible.

if the Kaafir is dead, then you can't make dua for them.

jazakallahu khair
          http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X