Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is for the brothers only - Hair / Beard

Salams.

This one is for the bro's (I dont have access to the brothers area, so posting this here).

For the guys who have long hair, beards, how often do you trim your hair to keep it tidy ? Do you use hair dye/mendhi (Dark Brown ;-) ) and if yes how often ?
    Coffe and a slice of your finest cake :-)

Wa'alaikumsalam wr wb,
    no response till now? Where the sons at.

I cut my hair like once every 2 months. Beard enough to keep it neat and tidy. Mine doesn't grow that fast.

How about yourself?
    I remember there is a thread about beard oil or something
    Allah Subḥānahu wa-taʿālā has mentioned in the Quran in chapter Surah Al-Ahzab:21 There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.

Comment

I keep my hair short, so once every couple of weeks ish, and for my beard I've been letting it grow for the past few weeks now alhamdulilah as I don't plan on removing any of it. And no I don't use any dye, just oil on my beard its Sunnah and keeps it healthy :)

Comment

Originally posted by thetruth View Post
        Salams.

This one is for the bro's (I dont have access to the brothers area, so posting this here).

For the guys who have long hair, beards, how often do you trim your hair to keep it tidy ? Do you use hair dye/mendhi (Dark Brown ;-) ) and if yes how often ?
        Aleykum Salam, Wa Rahmat Allah Wa Barakat Brother,

I am sorry, I am not a guy brother, but have done hairdressing so might be of help brother.
        You should get trims every 2 to 4 weeks depending on how fast your hair grows, and if grows fast, every 2 weeks a trim is fine. When you see the ends of your hair looking whispy quickly, get a 1 cm trimmed off and if more needed, then 2cm.

As for beard, once every week is essential. Use beard balm and lotions to moisturise the beard often, and use a small soft round brush and a blow drier and follow the growth of the beard and brush downwards. This, beard balm (lotion/moisturiser etc) plus the mildly warm heat of the blowdrier and the round brush all together will make your beard soft, yes soft.. silky, and hairlike shine and feel.

Jazzak Allah Brother :)

Comment

Originally posted by ayla90 View Post

Aleykum Salam, Wa Rahmat Allah Wa Barakat Brother,

I am sorry, I am not a guy brother, but have done hairdressing so might be of help brother.
          You should get trims every 2 to 4 weeks depending on how fast your hair grows, and if grows fast, every 2 weeks a trim is fine. When you see the ends of your hair looking whispy quickly, get a 1 cm trimmed off and if more needed, then 2cm.

As for beard, once every week is essential. Use beard balm and lotions to moisturise the beard often, and use a small soft round brush and a blow drier and follow the growth of the beard and brush downwards. This, beard balm (lotion/moisturiser etc) plus the mildly warm heat of the blowdrier and the round brush all together will make your beard soft, yes soft.. silky, and hairlike shine and feel.

Jazzak Allah Brother :)
          never tried this blowdrier method. Now that's new. Could be possibly an idea.
          just that my house don't have one at all actually. Coz sometimes i do have some issues with the beard that needs sorting.
          Allah Subḥānahu wa-taʿālā has mentioned in the Quran in chapter Surah Al-Ahzab:21 There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day and [who] remembers Allah often.

Comment

Tidy in what sense? You could say that is subjective.
            https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X