Is Piracy halal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Piracy halal?

What is your opinion about internet piracy?.I am not saying stuff like stealing money or so but things like downloading movies and games from pages who offer it for free.
    I have seen muslims doing it , but now i almost had an argue with one (cuz he says it is haram) and it made me wonder about this.
    whoever leaves something for the sake of Allah,Allah will replace it with something better

Its beyond me why anyone needs to argue stealing someone else's intellectual property just cuz its in digital form (!!)... if that's not haram, then what is?
    These things have owners, and these owners have worked hard on it... yes, they r time-wasting, but thats another issue, which doesnt justify stealing.
    * typing from my phone, excuse the mess

Comment

It's a form of stealing. And illegal. So no, it's not halal I'm afraid.

Comment

well i think you arent actually stealing,you are just making a copy of what they have...dont we do the same thing with our school books?..nobody copied a page or smth? same with games and movies
        whoever leaves something for the sake of Allah,Allah will replace it with something better

Comment

Asalamu Alaikum

Yes it's generally halal.

It's only haram if you are pirating from a Muslim or Dhimmi, and your piracy prevents them from obtaining a profit, and they are offering something of actual worth.

​​​​​

​​​​​
          ​​​

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by dsr478 View Post
            Asalamu Alaikum

Yes it's generally halal.

It's only haram if you are pirating from a Muslim or Dhimmi, and your piracy prevents them from obtaining a profit, and they are offering something of actual worth.

​​​​​

​​​​​
            ​​​

​​​​
            Do u have a fatwa for this?
            الحمدلله that Allah never permitted any form of stealing against anyone whether muslim or non-muslims. Ppl like u have brought in shameful acts to the muslim communities, justifying cheating and stealing from non-muslims, falsely representing islam.

Comment

Alaikum salam....in that case i totally agree that it is haram and very shallow to prevent someone from obtaining a profit...are you the guy in discord btw? you have the same name

Comment

Originally posted by Aetos View Post
                well i think you arent actually stealing,you are just making a copy of what they have...dont we do the same thing with our school books?..nobody copied a page or smth? same with games and movies
                You are only allowed to make 5% copies of a book, you are not allowed to copy the entire thing.

You are stealing, imagine yourself working so hard on a design you intend to sell... and some1 hacks your machine and starts distributing copies for free to prevent you from making money on something you've hard on... would u b happy with that? Obviously not.
                Ppl work equally hard on videos and games.

Comment

Originally posted by malleat1 View Post

You are only allowed to make 5% copies of a book, you are not allowed to copy the entire thing.

You are stealing, imagine yourself working so hard on a design you intend to sell... and some1 hacks your machine and starts distributing copies for free to prevent you from making money on something you've hard on... would u b happy with that? Obviously not.
                  Ppl work equally hard on videos and games.
                  i already said if it prevents them from getting money i consider it haram...
                  You mean Islam allows only 5% of the book to be copied or the other laws ? i never heard of that

Comment

Originally posted by malleat1 View Post

Do u have a fatwa for this?
                    الحمدلله that Allah never permitted any form of stealing against anyone whether muslim or non-muslims. Ppl like u have brought in shameful acts to the muslim communities, justifying cheating and stealing from non-muslims, falsely representing islam.
                    You can use Google to find numerous fatawa giving you the same opinion.

If you don't like the ruling, not my problem but that's what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Aetos View Post

i already said if it prevents them from getting money i consider it haram...
                      You mean Islam allows only 5% of the book to be copied or the other laws ? i never heard of that
                      not islam. such books usually have conditions where and when the material can be copied. one of the reasons for allowing partial copies is for educational purposes. every book may differ in its concessions.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVi-GSL0pgc Dr. Zakir Naik beautiful answer on Pirated software halal or haram

Comment

It depends on what kind of piracy you mean. Some companies has softwares with monthly subscription just to steal your money. You just need that thing for a single use and they do not have any trial time or version of some sort. They want me to pay 300$ every month just for a single use? Mate heck no. That's stealing.
                          And sometimes you wanna try something before buying. Then I'll pirate it and try it out. If I like it I'll make sure to buy it just to support the company.
                          But if the company takes my money or I get a deficient product then I'll ripp them of and pirate it.

I pay for my games tho. Never pirated them.

Yo ho ho!
                          Last edited by P1RAT3N; 24-12-17, 08:26 PM.

Comment

And another thing too. The internet rule on stealing is kinda different. If you get money out of the product you just stole then that's pure stealing, especially if it's copyrighted stuff. Piracy is different cuz I am not stealing the product. It's a copy I use sometimes cuz I don't want to pay monthly for a product I use once a year. That's pure stealing from my wallet.

These free site stuff are fishy tho. Full of viruses and only scammers behind it.

Yo ho ho! ​​​

Comment

Taking the wealth of a Harbi is not considered "stealing". The question is: why do so many Muslims consider the Disbelievers to be protected by Islam?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X