Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Apps have you downloaded on your phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Apps have you downloaded on your phone?

What Apps have you downloaded onto your phone?
    list them all, even the embarrassing ones like I have Shop Shop, which is for lists of things I need to buy otherwise I forget.

I will post a screenshot of my apps later.

IOS or android?
    Even in the belly of the whale there was hope.

Comment

Mine's android but either will be good. We can all benefit from good apps we don't know about.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
        What Apps have you downloaded onto your phone?
        list them all, even the embarrassing ones like I have Shop Shop, which is for lists of things I need to buy otherwise I forget.

I will post a screenshot of my apps later.

Comment

I've got way too many to list. Evernote, ayat, moon reader and hijri calander are the most useful.

Time wasting apps: pinterest, whatsapp,

​​​​​​The 'why-do-I-even-have-this-on-my-phone' apps: messenger, snapchat, Instagram....the usual suspects that just sit there staring at me and when I open i'm shocked.
          شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
          فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
          وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
          ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Muslim Pro and iQuran are good.
            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
              I've got way too many to list. Evernote, ayat, moon reader and hijri calander are the most useful.

Time wasting apps: pinterest, whatsapp,

​​​​​​The 'why-do-I-even-have-this-on-my-phone' apps: messenger, snapchat, Instagram....the usual suspects that just sit there staring at me and when I open i'm shocked.
              I can't seem to upload a screenshot but I have hijri calendar it's a really useful app. I also have Muslimpro and iquran and oh my gosh Pinterest I love so much. My go to app when I need to unwind for 5 minutes.

I don't have Snapchat, insta or the other usual suspects, I don't like them. Discord is good though, I find Students of Knowledge on Discord really helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by IlFaraone View Post
                I am looking up Beam and Genius as I don't know if they're interesting or not. Good Reads is a good one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                  Muslim Pro and iQuran are good.
                  I've just discovered these recently.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-12-10-11-05-00.png
Views:	52
Size:	644.3 KB
ID:	12535356
                    Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by islamuslim; 27-02-18, 04:50 AM.
                      The Qur'ān will keep you from sin,
                      or sin will keep you from The Qur'ān.

Comment

I am looking up Beam and Genius as I don't know if they're interesting or not. Good Reads is a good one too!
                        Beam is a browser for Reddit. The best one, in my opinion.

Genius is for lyrics for pretty much everything.

Comment

Memrise
                          almaany
                          Penzu
                          MEGA
                          ​​​​wunderlist
                          ​​​​​reverso context
                          ​​​altayyib - this is a weird one. It has some lectures and stuff on there but its difficult to use and not very professional.

Best quran app by far and the only one I use now is ayat - Al quran.

I had duolingo to learn german again, but I quit lol. Good app though.
                          ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

I can't seem to upload a screenshot but I have hijri calendar it's a really useful app. I also have Muslimpro and iquran and oh my gosh Pinterest I love so much. My go to app when I need to unwind for 5 minutes.

I don't have Snapchat, insta or the other usual suspects, I don't like them. Discord is good though, I find Students of Knowledge on Discord really helpful.
                            I could spend forever on pinterest lol.
                            People are either posting weddings or food on snapchat. Insta is even worse. You're not missing out on much there. Never heard of discord. Looks like a chat app for gamers or something.

Last edited by Rumaysah~; 10-12-17, 08:57 PM.
                            ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

Qur'an Android - probably my most useful/favourite app and has been for years. Very helpful, alhamdulillah.

MP3 Qur'an - for recitations.

Koi - live wallpaper customisable aquarium. Another one I always have. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. Never went back to using any wallpaper besides that after I had it.

Nova Launcher - Hadn't realised there were such things as these apps. Lets you customise the appearance of windows, menus, apps, app drawer, etc, etc. Woudn't normally use but current phone interface was an eyesore with a giant unmovable Google search bar.

A few others always installed:

Jefit - Very handy workout tracker
                              Cam Scanner - Was impressed. No longer use a scanner.
                              Norton Clean - frees up space on phone with one click.
                              LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                              -------------------------------
                              "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                              NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Working...
                              X