Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goals and Ambitions

Asalaam aleikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu

What are your goals and ambitions in helping the ummah?

How do you want to contribute to society?

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post

:wswrwb:
    InshaAllah
    By being a good example ,follow the sunnah of Prophet as much as possible and have in mind to raise children that will help the ummah in the near future. To continue the generation.
    Thinking of ideas to help the Ummah.
    Contribute to society with knowledge and energy.

Sr Rifqah your turn. You may list yours.

Comment

Study, teach, raise good children.
      Me, my family, my wealth, my time, my children if there are any, are all for the cause of Allah.
      All the decisions I make I do it with this in mind. Right now it's just me and my immediate family, I always make dua for them and try to give dawah through example, now some of them have really changed for the better alhamdulillah. What you do for the ummah always starts at home. Home is always my priority, whether now or later.
      Within those goals there are specific things that I would like to do and leave behind, I have the intention but I don't know how I would go about it yet.
      شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
      فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
      وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
      ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

With ummah, you mean ummah forum or the islamic ummah in generall?

Comment

Travelling the world by foot
          I am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Walikumsalam,

I always see celebrities (on msn, social media plastering this stuff all over the place) going out there and using their fame to help others. Good on them.

But it doesn't have to be big. I wouldn't call it an ambition but I'd like to be known as someone that was always kind (genuinely, free from any diseases of the heart) so this is something I see as charity to fellow human beings. But as said above, charity always starts at home.

If I go out there helping others knowing that I haven't spoken to my own family who raised me, I think that would be akin to being a hypocrite, why can't I help my own family first?

Kindness starts at home, if you can't be kind to your own parents or siblings, make this a goal.
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
              Walikumsalam,

I always see celebrities (on msn, social media plastering this stuff all over the place) going out there and using their fame to help others. Good on them.

But it doesn't have to be big. I wouldn't call it an ambition but I'd like to be known as someone that was always kind (genuinely, free from any diseases of the heart) so this is something I see as charity to fellow human beings. But as said above, charity always starts at home.

If I go out there helping others knowing that I haven't spoken to my own family who raised me, I think that would be akin to being a hypocrite, why can't I help my own family first?

Kindness starts at home, if you can't be kind to your own parents or siblings, make this a goal.
              It's unfortunate that there are those aren't treating our own siblings and other family members kindly. So, perhaps the only way out is to help others who 'deserve' kindness in some way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post

It's unfortunate that there are those aren't treating our own siblings and other family members kindly. So, perhaps the only way out is to help others who 'deserve' kindness in some way or another.
                yes, it's more challenging when the family is difficult like new Muslims whose family hate Islam, imagine being kind to them? lol it takes a lot of patience so the new muslims will get rewarded for their sabr, i'm not perfect either, we have our ups and downs with family members but it would be very sad if we didn't have that bond with the people we live with
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

I want to help this forum as mod.

(hazaron khwahishen aisi k hr khwahish pe dm nikly )
                  (bht niklay mery arman pr phr bhi km niklay)

Comment

Originally posted by P1RAT3N View Post

With ummah, you mean ummah forum or the islamic ummah in generall?
                    Sorry, I meant The Ummah (in general). If I had meant Ummah Forum, I would have said Ummah Forum.

Sorry again.

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimThinker View Post

:wswrwb:
                      InshaAllah
                      By being a good example ,follow the sunnah of Prophet as much as possible and have in mind to raise children that will help the ummah in the near future. To continue the generation.
                      Thinking of ideas to help the Ummah.
                      Contribute to society with knowledge and energy.

Sr Rifqah your turn. You may list yours.
                      In-Shaa Allah

Comment

In sha Allah, I want to teach and empower the Muslim women of the Ummah. Like teach deen and Islamic history to girls and make them confident about their place in the Ummah. Of course I have a long long way to go in terms of my own faith and knowledge of Islam.
                        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

This is a very good question and something we should reflect upon.

Each person can make a difference.

My goal and ambition is to give Dawah till the die I expire. May Allah make it easy for me and accept.
                          "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

Too Advance further in my career. Buy a House either next year or year after, find another Revert to love and marry, Raise children to be the best muslims possible to help them reach jannah And to Travel to less fortunate countries to help the poor. Go to Mecca Improve myself to be a better muslim and human inshallah <3 i'm still very young so no pressure lol. May god help me achieve those things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan0x0 View Post
                              Too Advance further in my career. Buy a House either next year or year after, find another Revert to love and marry, Raise children to be the best muslims possible to help them reach jannah And to Travel to less fortunate countries to help the poor. Go to Mecca Improve myself to be a better muslim and human inshallah <3 i'm still very young so no pressure lol. May god help me achieve those things.
                              Why specifically a revert tho lol

SubhanAllahi wa bihamdihi (Glory be to Allah and his is the praise)

Rasoolullah (pbuh) said: "He who utters in the morning and evening:(The above) a 100 times, will not be surpassed on the Day of Judgement by anyone except one who says the same words or says more of these words." - [Muslim 16:1451]

Comment

Working...
                              X