Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famous Muslim singers

Assalamu alaikum
    i found this in other forum, myself i do not know most of them just 2 or three
    Jermaine Jackson
    Michel Jackson's brother

Outlandish

Freeway

Akon

John Whitehead

Nas

Mos Def

Peter Murphy

Cat Stevens

Arabian Prince

Ice Cube - N.W.A

MC Ren - N.W.A

T-Pain

Not sure
    -pray:Allahu Akbar

Hmmm.....

Are you sure their Muslim?

When did Whacko Jacko take the Sahadah?

Outlandish have a Christian in their bad boy band.

Akon sings about women, crime, etc.

Nas drinks alcohol, smokes weed, does zinah, etc.

Ice Cube is basically the same as Nas.

MC Ren is the same as Ice Cube.

And so on and so on. *Rolls Eyes*

Comment

Re: Famous Muslim singers

oooh ooh can i pick the next topic...

famous muslim prostitutes
      And Allāh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun and his work, and save me from the people who are Zālimūn

There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Irhaab View Post

:shock: behave!
        The example of a believer is that of a fresh tender plant; from whatever direction the wind comes, it bends it, but when the wind becomes quiet, it becomes straight again. Similarly, a believer is afflicted with calamities (but he remains patient till Allah removes his difficulties.) And an impious wicked person is like a pine tree which keeps hard and straight till Allah cuts (breaks) it down when He wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Hurairah View Post

Stop it guys...maybe they are Muslim but by name. Only Allah (swt) knows!
          Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Comment

Re: Hmmm.....

:rotfl: :rofl1: [
            "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
            Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

Indeed.....

Originally posted by perfectpearl View Post
              Stop it guys...maybe they are Muslim but by name. Only Allah (swt) knows!
              Naturally, their not exactly exemplary Muslim role models are they? But, our shabbab follow them instead of men of our Ummah today such as our Mujahideen and 'Ullema nor the leaders from our beautiful past such as our Rasul (saw) or Companions (ra).

Comment

akon isnt muslim, hes had muslim influences in his life and said he has a respect for the deen...this is what the kids at skool told me
                Sayyiduna Umar (Allah be pleased with him) said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) say, “If you relied on Allah as He should be relied on, He would provide for you as He provides for birds.
                They go out hungry in the early morning, and return full in the evening." [Tirmidhi]

sigpic

Do not try to run away from trials and tribulations, but endure them with patience. They cannot be avoided, and there is nothing for it but to endure them with patience. How can you expect the whole of this world, and all that has been created therein, to undergo change and transformation just to suit your convenience? The Prophets are the best of all creatures, yet they have always had to suffer afflictions and so it is for their followers, those who tread in their footsteps as they walk along their highway, emulating their example.

Shaikh Abdul Qadir al-Jilani

Comment

i dont even know half of these people! nevermind not being muslim, there not even famous!
                  "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
                  Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

Re: Indeed.....

Naturally, their not exactly exemplary Muslim role models are they? But, our shabbab follow them instead of men of our Ummah today such as our Mujahideen and 'Ullema nor the leaders from our beautiful past such as our Rasul (saw) or Companions (ra).
                    They are normal people like you and me that followed the wrong path. They might be Muslims, but non-practicing Muslims. And as for the role model part, the parents shouldn't even allow their kids to watch this. If they do then thats their fault. They have to face the consequences! The parents let their children so many things and then complain about how bad they have become! From the beginning they should have time for them and teach them stories about the Prophets and their companions so they wouldn't have to want to be like these singers! I wouldn't blame the "future messed up shabab" on the singers, I would blame it on their parents!
                    Surat Al-An'am verse 26: Of them there are some who (pretend to) listen to thee; but We have thrown veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they saw every one of the Signs, they will not believe in them; in so much that when they come to thee; they (but) dispute with thee; the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients."

Comment

Originally posted by perfectpearl View Post
                      They are normal people like you and me that followed the wrong path. They might be Muslims, but non-practicing Muslims. And as for the role model part, the parents shouldn't even allow their kids to watch this. If they do then thats their fault. They have to face the consequences! The parents let their children so many things and then complain about how bad they have become! From the beginning they should have time for them and teach them stories about the Prophets and their companions so they wouldn't have to want to be like these singers! I wouldn't blame the "future messed up shabab" on the singers, I would blame it on their parents!
                      the point was u shouldn't exactly be posting a list of 'muslim' singers like it was an achievement... just as u wouldnt post a list of 'muslim' prostitutes....
                      And Allāh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun and his work, and save me from the people who are Zālimūn

There is no nobility in anyone who lacks faith.

The wise man knows that the only fitting price for his soul is a place in Paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by Eemaan View Post
                        akon isnt muslim, hes had muslim influences in his life and said he has a respect for the deen...this is what the kids at skool told me
                        I don't know:

Check out these Lyrics:

Akon Africa Lyrics
                        yow
                        In case u aint know I go by the name of akon and im from
                        (afrika afrika) home of the gorder island im from senegal
                        westside(afrika afrika) so im gonna share with you were i
                        come from an how i was comin of(afrika afrika).

Verse 1
                        So what you know about the strugles that my people went
                        trough so you can live the way you live now
                        Say what you know about seeing that brand new mother
                        giving away her newborn child
                        what u know about mr amadu ndiaij that the senegalis cops
                        shot down
                        say what u know about how people love to presive os when
                        we are comin to a bran new town
                        what u know about goder island were all the slaves were
                        shiped from
                        what u know about beeing born in america to aful the
                        imigration

Still from the ghettos of senegal(afrika afrika)
                        Comin from the ghettos of senegal(afrika afrika)
                        comin from the ghettos of senegal (afrika afrika)
                        comin from the ghettos of senegal(afrika afrika)

What you know about schebujcen yassa Schene and mafe my
                        favorite foods
                        Say what you know about niggas trowing rocks buseshats at
                        the military invatin my hood
                        So what you know about kids whit automatic machins waiting
                        for the war to get on their side
                        So what you know about how God/Allah comes first and
                        everything that we do is for Allah
                        So what you know about that holy place called Kabba were
                        Prophets were born

and what you know about comin here gettin money investin it
                        back home

Right from the ghettos of senegal(afrika afrika)
                        Give it to the ghettos of senegal(afrika afrika)
                        Take it to the ghettos of senegal (afrika afrika)
                        send it right to the ghettos of senegal(afrika afrika)

See thats just a little piece of what we can do
                        see but we can come togheter and make it lot better at home
                        Lyrics > Akon Lyrics > Akon Africa Lyrics

Comment

the point was u shouldn't exactly be posting a list of 'muslim' singers like it was an achievement... just as u wouldnt post a list of 'muslim' prostitutes....
                          Its not an achievement! May Allah give them hadyiah! Its still inetersting to know how much of them are Muslim by name!

Comment

Quite a few artists fall under the category of the deviants of the Nation of Islam..
                            http://www.mujahideenryder.net/2006/...cial-religion/
                            Last edited by 'Ayoosh; 14-04-07, 07:20 PM.

Comment

2pac was muslim by name too
                              His real name was Tupac Amaur Shakur
                              Nature has determinism, man has destiny. The acceptance of this destiny is the supreme and final idea of Islam. - Alija Izetbegovic

Comment

Working...
                              X