Serious Health Warning, Smoking Sheesha = 100 Cigerattes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Health Warning, Smoking Sheesha = 100 Cigerattes

A Health warning brothers and sisters, smoking sheesha = cancer.

Not only that it comes under Munshiyat, and hence mukhrooh, some may argue haram. Bottom line, give it up now, and avoid it for the benefit of your Health and the benefit of your Ruh (Soul).

Shisha Danger, A growing trend even in the UK

Looking at the growing trend amongst the youth of Islamabad, Karachi and Lahore to puff shisha as a symbol of autonomy and freedom believing that it's harmless fun is factually incorrect.

A recently-released World Health Organisation report on the hazards of shisha raised concerns on its growing popularity in developing countries. Shisha also known as hookah or water pipe is a century-old habit but until recently the elderly people living in villages were its main users. Unfortunately in the past few years its use has markedly increased in major cities of Pakistan.

Shisha is different from the traditional hookah in that instead of plain tobacco the tobacco that is used in it had certain added flavours and aromatic substances. In a survey conducted last year by the Aga Khan University it was observed that over 90 per cent of the children surveyed have experimented with this form of tobacco. This included both boys and girls as young as six years old. The sad part of the survey was that most of these youngsters did not know that shisha smoke contains tobacco.

The research conducted on the use shisha clearly shows that it has serious health consequences, particularly on the lungs, heart and the food pipe. Its smoke contains hundreds of potentially dangerous substances including carbon monoxide, charcoal, nicotine, arsenic, cobalt, chromium and lead.

At the usual shisha smoking session, which lasts for over an hour, the smoke inhaled contains nicotine and tar equivalent to 100 cigarettes. Research has also shown that after 45 minutes of shisha use air carbon monoxide, plasma nicotine and heart rate are significantly elevated. Nicotine dependence may also result from repeated inhalation of tobacco smoke.

Smoking is also linked to increased risk of cancer of the lungs, mouth and urinary bladder. It is also some evidence that it may also decrease the sperm count in men. Regular users have lung functions approximately 25 per cent lower than those who do not use this.

One study has also shown that shisha use increases the risk of tuberculosis. Using shisha in restaurants or at home where children are present increases the risk of pneumonia, asthma attacks and sudden infant death syndrome. There is an urgent need to educate the public about the dangers of shisha.

Prof Dr Javaid Khan

Head of pulmonary and critical care medicine

Aga Khan Hospital, Karachi

http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=44158

Also see... http://www.jnrbm.com/content/5/1/17 for full details

Re: Serious Health Warning, Smoking Sheesha = 100 Cigerattes

Everyone please update your views.. the tabacco is makrooh argument is seriously ancient....
    Abu Hamzah Anas bin Malik, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:
    "None of you truly believes (in Allah and in His religion) until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself"

Comment

Originally posted by abdusamad View Post
      Everyone please update your views.. the tabacco is makrooh argument is seriously ancient....
      Personally i considered it haram, but some people think you are being too harsh for using the term for cigerattes (usually smokers )

Comment

Question:
        Is smoking cigarettes Haraam?

Answer:
        Praise be to Allah and peace and blessings be on His Prophet SAWS.
        Smoking is one of the things which has caused a lot of problems and harm these days and it has spread like wild fire. Before we discuss this topic in detail, we should know that Allaah the Almighty has divided things in the world into two types, good or permissible (al-tayyibaat, al-halaal) and evil or prohibited (al-khabaa'ith, al-haraam), and there is no third type. Allah says (interpretation of the meaning) in surat al-A'raaf (7:157):
        "And He makes good things halaal for them and bad things haraam."
        Considering this fact, smoking can either be permissible and good or prohibited and evil.
        Thus, we present some of its characteristics and let the person asking the question see himself in which type lies smoking.
        1. There is no disagreement among the physicians and sane people that smoking is harmful for health. It is one of the major causes of lung cancer and other diseases. It is also one of the major causes of death. Since, it is known that the Islamic law prohibits everything that is harmful for a human being. Allah said (interpretation of meaning): "Do not kill yourself. Allah is Merciful unto you." (Surat al-Nisaa' 4:29)
          In addition, His Prophet SAWS (peace be upon him) said:
          "There is no harm or causing of harm (in Islaam)." (Arabic "laa darar wa laa diraar")
          He SAWS (peace be upon him) also said:
          "A person will not be able to move on the Day of Judgment until he is asked about ... his body as to what he engaged it in."
          Smoking also goes against the saying of the Prophet SAWS:
          "Your body has a right on you."
        2. There is no disagreement among the physicians and sane people that smoking is harmful for the health of others who inhale the polluted breath of the smoker. Medical research has proven the harmful effects of smoking mothers on their children.
        3. The offensive smell caused by smoking is a source of pain to the worshippers of Allah among humans and angels. The angels are offended and suffer from the same things that the human beings suffer from. Allah said (interpretation of the meaning): "Those who cause harm to believing men and women without any reason do a great sin." (Surat al-Ahzaab, 33:58)
        4. The money that is spent on cigarettes is used on buying a harmful thing and is therefore an extravagance. Allah said (interpretation of the meaning):
          Extravagance (in Islam) means spending on something haraam.
          Spending money on cigarettes is a waste of resources as well. The Prophet SAWS (peace be upon him) said:
          "A person will not be able to move on the Day of Judgment until he is asked about ..... what he owned as to how he spent it."
          Considering all that has been presented, it can be clearly seen that smoking is an evil among many others. It is not permissible to indulge in it, or buy and sell it, or even to offer it to others. It is incumbent on a person who is addicted to it that he must make all efforts and get whatever necessary treatment to stop it. If the unbelievers have understood the harm caused by smoking and made laws regarding it, the Muslims should be even more eager to stop it and treat those who are addicted to it.
          We ask Allah the Almighty to cure everyone indulging in this evil and help him in giving it up. Allah is the Best Guide to the Right Path.

Islam Q&A
          Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
        Abu Hamzah Anas bin Malik, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:
        "None of you truly believes (in Allah and in His religion) until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself"

Comment

I agree, Makrooh means disliked by Allah, Subhaan’Allah how can one justify a action that Allah swt dislikes and continue with it,

I’ve seen these cafes opening everywhere, very deceitful to see sisters and brothers free mixing like they doing

Comment

I thought sheesha had no tabbaco in it, I dont know where i got it from, but that is what i thought for some odd reason.

Comment

I thought sheesha had no tabbaco in it, I dont know where i got it from, but that is what i thought for some odd reason.
              it actually has more tobacco than cigarettes!it also poses a greater risk of lung diseases...

Comment

Originally posted by sumayyah! View Post
                it actually has more tobacco than cigarettes!it also poses a greater risk of lung diseases...

Technically that cant possibly be true.

I think its the method of smoking of smoking sheesha that makes it so harmful. Its cooled in the pipe and is therefore breathed in much more deeply into the lungs where it settles.

Nasty stuff.
                ''....And from the best ways of dealing with the ignorant is to ignore and avoid them. This is because if you debate with them, they beat you, and if you beat them they will end up hating you, and will not admit you are correct. Therefore ignore them''

Comment

hmmmmmmm no wonder its soo nice :up:

:rotfl:
                  Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

yeh from an email i got:

Most shisha smokers wrongfully take to the hubble-bubble thinking that it poses only 'light' health risks compared to the serious health related complications of cigarette smoking.

Medical experts have warned that shisha has a more perilous impact on health compared to cigarette smoking. They say most shisha smokers have a misconception based on a wrongful and unscientific notion that tobacco used in shisha is herbal and does not affect body organs.

It is the added flavours that make them feel they are smoking herbs, while they are actually taking in tobacco and are highly likely to become addicted to nicotine. Shisha smokers should realise that it is far more dangerous than cigarette smoking because the amount of nicotine in shisha can not be measured due to packing differences

Moreover, while smoking hubble-bubble the aluminium foil, which is usually of poor quality, reacts with the burning charcoal and produces aluminium fumes that are carcinogenic or in other words causes cancer.

The amount of carbon dioxide inhaled through shisha is very high compared to cigarette smoking, one shisha smoke is equal to seven or 10 cigarettes depending on the packed ingredients.

Shisha smokers should also be aware of the fact that when smoke goes through water humidity in smoke increases and it then tends to stay for a longer time in the lungs.

Allah says:

And make not your own hands contribute to (your) destruction; but do good; for Allah loveth those who do good.(surat albaqarah,verse 195)

Nor kill (or destroy) yourselves: for verily Allah hath been to you Most Merciful! If any do that in rancour and injustice- soon shall We cast them into the Fire: And easy it is for Allah. (surat anisa, verse 29)

QUIT SHISHA NOW !

Make the firm intention, from deep in your heart, to give up this evil habit. Trust in Allah's words: "...When you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah. For Allah loves those who put their trust in Him. If Allah help you, none can overcome you; if He forsakes you, who is - after that - that can help you? In Allah, then, let believers put their trust" (Surah Al-'lmran 3:159-160).

Comment

Some people was telling me to do shisha on Monday never tried it tho. I dont want to either after reading this
                      Oh Allah,
                      Make me want that which is beneficial for me...
                      And make beneficial for me that which I want.

Comment

One Sheesha Is Equivalent to Smoking 18 Cigarettes
                        URGENT!!! your help is badly needed - fundraising for marriage

Comment

so lets get this straight, does shisha contain tabacco, i mean all shisha?
                          coz if it does then its haram but so many muslims use it.

bring back PAGAL LADOOOO:up:

Comment

Originally posted by ummbilal View Post
                            so lets get this straight, does shisha contain tabacco, i mean all shisha?
                            coz if it does then its haram but so many muslims use it.
                            shisha has flavoured tobacco.
                            Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Working...
                            X