I just have to know.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Heart-sick of what Jeannie?

Comment

The Mideast, what else?

Comment

Thanks for the answer Jeannie. I`m heart-sick of peoples & goverments inability for peace world wide.
        I saw a peace demonstation inwhich, the people of Palestine & a few other nations marching for peace today. The IDF was ordered to use force against it. This makes me sad. Since, I`m 1/2 Jewish, I detest these acts of violence against these peace efforts. The Israelis & thier nieghbors have such a long way to go, I sometimes wonder if peace is possible there. About 2 months ago, 20,000 Israelis marched for peace & to abide by the UN resolution. I only hope, there will be a day soon that both sides are simultaneously marching (& achiving) peace. I have suggested this to several peace organizations via email.
        peace Jeannie, & to all

Comment

Binny, I can't even imagine having to live there right now, and yet I feel like I can't cope with it. It's like I want to run away from the ugliness. And living in America I CAN at the moment. I don't have to read the newspapers or watch TV or listen to the radio, or even log in here or click on CNN news or whatever, you know? I CAN run away. But I still know it's there and no one seems to really want to JUST STOP all the violence. Maybe they don't know how. I don't know.

The worst part for me is that I wanted to help. I didn't want to get so discouraged. But every day that goes by, I realize how ineffectual I am.

Some people say it's going to end up in WWIII. Most people are saying they don't see any hope really....... who knows? I still believe it's a matter of what We The People really want to happen, but of course the leaders do their thing always. I honestly don't know what to trust anymore. All I know is that every day it's like waiting for some evil executioner to come along and kill us all. Maybe I'm just depressed.....

I wrote the following poem back in December and I didn't know why, but I just thought of it again now for some reason and went and got it. I'm not going to post it on the Poems section because it really belongs here, I think. Now I know why I wrote it. I just feel so sad for us, Binny.

Waiting for The Scythe
          December 21, 2001

Sometimes it's not Big Battles
          waiting for The Scythe
          more like the tick of a clock gone haywire
          or Big Bells bonging insanely
          bumbling down the road
          on Treadmills of Time....
          When the hour is upon you
          When scraping bottom
          still turns up the Empty Sign

Sometimes it's not the Big Players
          waiting for The Scythe
          more like the Heartbeats slowing with every moment
          or little people screaming insanely
          tripping on the road
          where there is no longer Time....
          When the destiny's upon you
          and scraping bottom
          is the signal for The Scythe

When all about are festive
          When all about can laugh
          When links to the bottom line are up
          there is still The Scythe for some.
          .................................................. .........................................

Comment

The answer is Arafat is a puppet, the west couldn't care for the muslims, we as muslims need the Khilafah state and to return to the whole ideology of Islam.

Comment

I care about everyone and I DON'T care for idologies - that's what gets us all in trouble in the first place.

Comment

The ideology of Islam incorporates everyone not just the muslims under the banner of the khilafah we can have the peace we all want !

salaam

Comment

Originally posted by F R E S H
                  The ideology of Islam incorporates everyone not just the muslims under the banner of the khilafah we can have the peace we all want !

salaam
                  "You will be assimilated! Resistance is futile!"

Forgive me, FRESH, but the same could be said of every religion on Earth. Or race.

"Incorporates everyone?" I don't think so.

Comment

you mean like the Islamic states of the Taliban and Iran?

Because their human rights records are abominable! God granted all free will what is the use of life if you steal from God his choice of free will for all human beings in his love?

Originally posted by F R E S H
                    The answer is Arafat is a puppet, the west couldn't care for the muslims, we as muslims need the Khilafah state and to return to the whole ideology of Islam.

Comment

Human rights records? And that of the US is impeccable right? What about China? What about Saudi Arabia?

They have terrible 'human rights' records yet the US is quite happy to deal with them.

Comment

They have not declared war and killed our people either!

We would not hesitate to defend ourselves from any nation that would seek our death and destruction! Killing Americans because you disagree with our foreign policy is not acceptable behavior, it is the behavior for war!

Originally posted by caliph
                        Human rights records? And that of the US is impeccable right? What about China? What about Saudi Arabia?

They have terrible 'human rights' records yet the US is quite happy to deal with them.
                        :)

Comment

But what if your foreign policy was unjust?

What if your foreign policy condemned the killing of one people, but looked the other way when another people were being killed?

What if your foreign policy helped put in place dictators that oppressed and slaughtered their own people?

What if your Government supplied rockets and bullets used to kill innocent civilians?

What if your Government acted always in it's own interests and put money before people?

Considering all the above, would you still defend your Government and it's Foreign Policy, even though it was wrong just because you are a 'Patriot'?

Do you defend your soliders on the battlefield because they enforce the same tyrannical rule of your Government?

Is it 'Patriotic' to speak against injustice or is it 'Patriotic' to stand by and watch your Government commit offenses against mankind because you are too afraid of being called a 'coward' and 'traitor' by the same people who wouldn't hesitate to slaughter a hundred women and babies to prevent a $1 hike in the price of oil?

For Muslims, we pledge no allegiance to any man. We pledge allegiance only to Allah (SWT). This is why we speak out against:

Saddam Hussein
                          Yasir Arafat
                          Hosni Mubarak
                          The house of Saud
                          Ayatollah Khomeini
                          Muammar Gaddafi

And every other corrupt leader. Can we endorse the killing of innocents by another Muslim leader just because we are Muslim? Of course not! We are not answerable to these 'leaders', we are answerable to Allah (SWT)!

Can we support the killing of people just to keep the Islamic economy stable? Absolutely no way! Rather, it is our Islamic duty to ensure tyranny and evil is fought, whereever it may be. From Washington to Dubai to Islamabad.

Comment

My country right or wrong my country!

America was built by men upon principles and ideals that are eternal and God given! Men always fail at fulfilling what God has decreed and I see no perfect society or people as we are not perfect! I am not aware of what you speak and even if I became aware I would still deal with the issue by my power of vote and our civil liberties to change our policies, I would not kill for an error in policy but I would kill to defend the constitution of the United States in a declared war or sanctioned military action!

If the things you say are true you must understand the American mind, When people attack us we will not rest until those people are subdued! America constantly dialogs and debates our policies and actions! There is always public debate and public opinion always changes, approach America peacably with intelligence and good will and you will have a chance to change our politics, attack us you have no chance! :)

Comment

Exactly my point. You need to question your Govermnet as to why they are hated so much in the world. Why is that? What is the reason?

What is about US treatment of other countries and people that makes people detest it so much?

Don't assume it's jealousy, that's the cowards way out. Do some serious thinking, because it WILL change your opinion of the US.

Comment

Working...
                              X