Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halal meat at tesco

asalaamu alaykum

is this meat actually halaal because someone told me they stun the animal before killing it
    Some claim that u are like any one of us, But who can claim, to have visited the Arsh? We say bashr, but respect is also due. For mankind are like rocks, but a pearl are u. U travelled the 7Heavens, and ur eyes did not lie. For Jibril could not pass, but u, O Madani, glided by.

Re: Halal meat at tesco

Originally posted by MMS View Post
    asalaamu alaykum

is this meat actually halaal because someone told me they stun the animal before killing it
    its very difficult to know whos telling the truth. for example, i heard that at these islamic halaal butchers, they employed a non muslim to sacrifice the meat because it was cheaper and instead of reading the kalima for each sacrifice, he reads it once, and for all others he says the words "same as before", instead of the kalima again...

Comment

It is difficult to tell and to be honest I wouldn't trust the meat in Tesco even if it IS Tahira? brand.

You're best bet is going to the farm and killing 'em yourself! (like we do ;) ) failing that get HMC chickens. And make sure they have the stamp - otherwise when shops sell them it will get mixed up with other chickens or they might try to fob you off!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nami View Post
        its very difficult to know whos telling the truth. for example, i heard that at these islamic halaal butchers, they employed a non muslim to sacrifice the meat because it was cheaper and instead of reading the kalima for each sacrifice, he reads it once, and for all others he says the words "same as before", instead of the kalima again...
        Its better not to spread rumours like this but rather verify it from the butchers themselves

Comment

Originally posted by saphire View Post
          It is difficult to tell and to be honest I wouldn't trust the meat in Tesco even if it IS Tahira? brand.

You're best bet is going to the farm and killing 'em yourself! (like we do ;) ) failing that get HMC chickens. And make sure they have the stamp - otherwise when shops sell them it will get mixed up with other chickens or they might try to fob you off!!!
          lol you dont kill them you slaughter them.
          If you were in the clouds, Allah would raise us to you or lower you to us for battle.

said this to the Byzantine troops when they retreated from the battle field to the fortified town of Chalcis.

- Khalid ibn Walid

Comment

Sorry - slaughter.

It's my Dad that does it - we just cut it up into pieces when he brings 'em home. :D

Comment

its not only tesco...most meat in this country is stunned

the stunning doesn't kill them...it just sort of 'subdues' them to make it easier to kill :( ... so cruel

also...remember how they treat the animals...most supermarket chicken is battery farmed...that is...100000's of chickens in a very small area..all squashed together ...unable to grow proparly..they are also injected with loads of hormones to quicken their growth

if you look at battery farmed chickens and 'normal' chickens..you will find normal chickens tend to have longer legs as they werent broken by being squashed

yes the way we slaughter them has to be halaal...but we should treat the animals in a halaal way aswell

http://www.unstunnedhalal.com/index.html

Comment

is the meat HMC approved?

Comment

They just bring in this Halal meat for Ramadan init? yeh insha allah look what certifcates and stuff they have?
                  I prefer to buy it from the local shops anyway cos its nice to give business to the local Muslims and masha allah some of the halal shops round here are so nice, they give a good customer service.
                  .: Rufaida :.
                  .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                  http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                  “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                  but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                  ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                  <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

I would be surprised if they didn't produce halal meat properly according to your religious strictures... after all, they do want your business - if you buy your meat there, the chances are you'll buy all your groceries there.
                    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Allow the meat .. Tesco = zionist ... BOYCOTT
                      It's not about land, it's about justice. " Be a friend to the oppressed, and an enemy of the oppressor"

VICTORY !!!

Comment

used to get halal meat from asda, i dont trust it anymore though cos obviously pork is served in the same building. i go to the halal butchers instead, better quality. support muslim businesses :up:
                        Originally posted by hypocrite
                        Bidah! Shirk! Murtard! Kufr! Man i hate the kuffar so much, i hate this country. I care much more about my brothers and sisters in Islam than you, because i say i do. Thats why i live here, claim benefits and moan when my dole payment is late.

Comment

Originally posted by Hafsah View Post
                          its not only tesco...most meat in this country is stunned

the stunning doesn't kill them...it just sort of 'subdues' them to make it easier to kill :( ... so cruel

also...remember how they treat the animals...most supermarket chicken is battery farmed...that is...100000's of chickens in a very small area..all squashed together ...unable to grow proparly..they are also injected with loads of hormones to quicken their growth

if you look at battery farmed chickens and 'normal' chickens..you will find normal chickens tend to have longer legs as they werent broken by being squashed

yes the way we slaughter them has to be halaal...but we should treat the animals in a halaal way aswell

http://www.unstunnedhalal.com/index.html
                          Not only that, they are hung upside down live and then move around on the mechanism to a round saw at the end. This cuts their heads off but because the chickens are not all the same size, some chickens get their head cut off, some it goes through their shoulder whilst on others it saws through their beak.
                          Enjoy your curried chicken. I'm a vegetarian
                          .................................................. ......................
                          On this forum, some think I am a man but, I'm a woman and my age is about 21 celsius.......er...70f

Comment

If you're in any doubt as to whther its halal or not, just keep away from it.
                            Yawmaithin tu’a A’radoona la takhfa minkum khafiyatun [69:18]
                            :love:
                            "Then which of the blessings of your Lord will you deny?" (Qur'an 55:13)

Comment

Na'am.....

Originally posted by urban_rose View Post
                              is the meat HMC approved?
                              If it is than consume it insha'allah.
                              Originally posted by Na'ima View Post
                              If you're in any doubt as to whther its halal or not, just keep away from it.
                              Na'am if unsure about a matter than this is the best course to undertake.

Comment

Working...
                              X