This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Change Request

I took the name "mariam" after reverting on January 6, 2003.

Before that I used the name "rajii" here on the forum.

I have recently been called "rajii" repeatedly by an Ummah.com member and have had no luck with getting the member to decease from using that name, despite reporting him to the proper authorities.

So, after contemplating my choice of name, and my right to be called by my name I have come to a decision.

As of now, I will be using my birthname Mary here on the forum, and in all aspects of my life.

Can one of the admins change my psuedo to my non-psuedo Mary, and combine my "rajii" and "mariam" accounts into one?

Thank you.

Peace,

Mary
    Please Re-update your Signature

If you have a problem with a user calling you by your old alias, why do you not simply request them to stop doing that?
    My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi

Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.- Shaykh al-Shadhili

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. - Jibreel (as)

ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ
    O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
    Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. - Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر

Comment

I did to no avail.

But the episode has made me think, and make a change for the best.

I was never really "rajii" just as I was never really "mariam".

I am Mary.

Peace,

Mary

Comment

Well you've always been mariam to me, so this will be rather strange a change.

Whats in a name though? I wouldn't attach so much significance to going back to using the name Mary sis. It is no big deal. Many reverts don't change their name at all.. many like to take on a Muslim name so they can be known and recognised as a Muslim and that is a good thing.. but either is acceptable.

Don't put so much thought into things that do not really matter sis.. concentrate on your deen and the things that will be worth something to you on the day of judgement.

We won't be judged by whether we have arab or english names.

I advise you take a time out from CE forum sis, I did and found it to be a refreshing change that gave me a chance to concentrate on more important things tha arguing about current events.

Now that ihmo would be a great change for you, and anyone who is predominantly engaged in arguing on the forum. Moreso than simply changing your username.

Wa alaikum as salaam,
        CW
        My Lord, my trust in all Your purposes is strong, That trust is now my shield; I'm safe, and undeceived.- Ali bin Husayn al-Habshi

Real forsaking is forgetting the thing forsaken.- Shaykh al-Shadhili

Live as long as you wish, you shall die. Love whatever you wish, you shall be separated from it. Do whatever you wish, you shall be rewarded for it. - Jibreel (as)

ياَ أَبَا اَلزَّهْرَاء وَلَّذِي صَانَكْ- لاَتُخَيِّبْنَا يَا سِيْدِي نَحْنُ ضِيْفَانَكْ
        O father of Zahra, for the sake of the One who protected you,
        Please do not leave us disappointed, O master, we are your guests. - Shaykh Ahmad al-Alawi (rh)

أَنتَ رَبّي وَ عِلْمُكَ حَسْبِيْ. فَنِعْمَ الرَّبُّ رَبِّي وَ نِعْمَ الحَسْبُ حَسْبِيْ.ـ حِزْبُ البَحْر

Comment

I am Mary.

Have been for over 48 years.

My mother Mary gave me the name, and it would be a dishonor to use any other.

:love:

Comment

nice name.
            "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

" How can the one who chooses a hour of Haraam pleasure, above the eternal pleasure of Jannah, ever be considered as sane? "
            -Ibn Al Qayyim

Beneficial Database of Islamic Books and Media: www.Islamhouse.com
            Interested in Islam : www.islamreligion.com ; www.islam-guide.com

Comment

I've read posts wherein some members would say, "Oh, so you're a Muslim? Didn't think so, coz you're always defending the Kuffar."

People disagree, even Muslims between each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Mira
                I've read posts wherein some members would say, "Oh, so you're a Muslim? Didn't think so, coz you're always defending the Kuffar."

People disagree, even Muslims between each other.
                What has that got to do with me using "Mary"? :confused:

btw, thanks for mailing that book to me.

I'll have to look for a book to send back to you.

Comment

Salams

Ive merged your 2 aliases together ur now on 17000 posts

MARY is already taken by another members so wont be able to change it to dat :(

ws
                  sajid

Comment

Originally posted by mariam
                    What has that got to do with me using "Mary"? :confused:

btw, thanks for mailing that book to me.

I'll have to look for a book to send back to you.
                    I think if you would feel comfortable using the name Mary, then you should.

Mariam/Mary - all the same. Islam is in the heart, not in the name.

And don't worry about the book, Sis. You don't have to send anything back. But I appreciate the thought :)

Comment

I'll take Mary Carol then. :)

It is what my family calls me.

Comment

how about Victoria or Margaret..

actually i hereby annoint you Maggy.
                        "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

" How can the one who chooses a hour of Haraam pleasure, above the eternal pleasure of Jannah, ever be considered as sane? "
                        -Ibn Al Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by AbdulMajid
                          how about Victoria or Margaret..

actually i hereby annoint you Maggy.

Like a fly to honey you show up....

Comment

sorry i prefer marmite.

-Ibn Al Qayyim

Comment

how bouts this username:

think about it whne people refer to you it will be hard for them to describe and name call :p

example

say u wrote something i dont like and i wanna name call you

. is a collaborator

that dont make sense dont u think?

lol

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X