Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The status of discussions on ummah

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
    I think it's a lot more simple than this, I think it boils down to two things, it's having poor communication skills and poor control of emotions such that when you are challenged you don't know how to handle it so you go on the defensive and lash out often irrationally as this is the easiest thing to do. This is nothing new so I don't think it could have been any better at the start of UF than now.
    People are on edge. There have always been a few with communication issues, but this is different. The tone has changed. It used to be more trusting, more welcoming here. I feel no love. Maybe it's me, maybe I have changed and don't fit with the site or the "Ummah" any longer. Who knows. I still think it's a reflection of what Muslims are facing in society.

Comment

Originally posted by Sister_2009 View Post
      People are on edge. There have always been a few with communication issues, but this is different. The tone has changed. It used to be more trusting, more welcoming here. I feel no love. Maybe it's me, maybe I have changed and don't fit with the site or the "Ummah" any longer. Who knows. I still think it's a reflection of what Muslims are facing in society.
      Most are from the UK...this stiff upper lip attitude plays a part in breeding a pent-up angry so and so. Muslims in 70s and 80s also faced issues...I don't think this is a cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
        I'm not sure. My main issue has always been adab. If we can't talk to each other without putting someone down or insulting one another, then that is a problem. Like that one thread on hoors, someone said they felt uncomfortable about it due to being female and feeling like they get nothing in Jannah and instead of explaining things in a proper way, she was attacked and said she didn't want to come on the forum again.

That I can't stand.
        You shouldve explain then, Pippen, the statements were against Islam.

People didnt know if they were for real I suppose, but it turns out the person is possessed.
        “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
          Quit trolling. That's impossible if you mean refuted each other in the same discussion because only one side can be refuted in one discussion.
          You could say the same thing without the 'quit trolling' remark. Then I'll be happy to reply and explain, if you can edit please.
          الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Originally posted by zi-zizou View Post
            Most are from the UK...this stiff upper lip attitude plays a part in breeding a pent-up angry so and so. Muslims in 70s and 80s also faced issues...I don't think this is a cause.
            Okay.

Comment

Its best that some of the concerns are put across in a proper manner to get the message across. (In some of these threads)
              Only then its a higher chance people may tend to listen. Otherwise people get put off by the comments.

Also i notice that in a view, we can agree with some of the points given not necessarily everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
                Quit trolling.

It's simply a case of anger issues with members.
                You on a mass spree of calling everyone who disagrees and has a different opinion a Troll?

Trying to set a record?
                http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                  Yes talk about it.

No more now with the new mods.
                  Not really, previous no Nonsense mods like Grotbags were much better then the lax mods we have

Comment

Originally posted by Arsalan View Post
                    The quality and content of the forum has gone down hill for a long time.
                    True, we had far more beneficial threads and less trolling and more intelligent members than we do now,

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                      Not really, previous no Nonsense mods like Grotbags were much better then the lax mods we have
                      I dont know Grotbags but all the good old mods faded away from the forum with time.

Why dont you apply?
                      “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

I don't accept the view that every opinion must be accepted and respected. Some things deserve to be shot down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                          I dont know Grotbags but all the good old mods faded away from the forum with time

Why dont you apply?
                          Yeah basically,

:jkk:

Comment

Working...
                          X