X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question! "Forum Scholar"

As-Salaamu Alaykum,

One issue that has come up is that now there is a "forum scholar" named Abu Mus'ab and apparently some members feel that only this person should be allowed to discuss legal issues.

Keep in mind, I have been a member of this forum for over 13 years.

Is this an actual forum rule now?

If so, how does a member go about getting "qualified" by the administration to be deemed capable of discussing legal issues?

Can a member be banned for discussing legal issues without being deemed as "qualified" by the administration?

Thank you.

Re: "Forum Scholar"

Originally posted by AbuNajm View Post
    As-Salaamu Alaykum,

One issue that has come up is that now there is a "forum scholar" named Abu Mus'ab and apparently some members feel that only this person should be allowed to discuss legal issues.

If so, how does a member go about getting "qualified" by the administration to be deemed capable of discussing legal issues?

Can a member be banned for discussing legal issues without being deemed as "qualified" by the administration?

Thank you.
    وعليكم السلام والرحمة الله وبركاته

I think you misunderstood the whole point of not speaking without knowledge completely,

It was a general reminder that we as laymen should know our limits and refrain from giving our own 2 cents on issues like Fiqh,

As far as I'm aware Abu Musab is the only qualified Alim on this forum, if you are one too then your the second one​ on This Forum of Allah عز و جل knows how many members,

:jkk:
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 07-06-17, 03:31 PM.
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

AbuNajm what made you log in after all of these years of inactivity? How did you even remember your password or email address with which you registered on this forum?

AbuNajm you are a mystery. AbuNajm you have baffled us.

Comment

2003?

I just noticed,

That's before my time,

I thought the all the oldies, left

Lol, no offence akhi AbuNajm

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
          AbuNajm what made you log in after all of these years of inactivity? How did you even remember your password or email address with which you registered on this forum?

AbuNajm you are a mystery. AbuNajm you have baffled us.
          It wasn't longer than a year or so since my last activity. As for details for the log-in, I like to keep mine simple. I've had the same on-line name since I began participating online in Muslim forums in the late 90's.

I get busy on projects and translations so there are usually stretches of time when I don't participate much online.

Comment

[MENTION=3349]AbuNajm[/MENTION] - you've had sister 'Aafia Siddiqui's prison number as your user title since 2003?

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
              @AbuNajm - you've had sister 'Aafia Siddiqui's prison number as your user title since 2003?
              No, I haven't. I might have had brother Tarek's before that.

May Allah AWJ free our sister and grant her patience. Her and all our brothers and sisters wrongfully imprisoned. Ameen.

Comment

May Allah AWJ free our sister and grant her patience. Her and all our brothers and sisters wrongfully imprisoned. Ameen.
                Ameen.

Comment

Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
                  وعليكم السلام والرحمة الله وبركاته

I think you misunderstood the whole point of not speaking without knowledge completely,

It was a general reminder that we as laymen should know our limits and refrain from giving our own 2 cents on issues like Fiqh,

As far as I'm aware Abu Musab is the only qualified Alim on this forum, if you are one too then your the second one​ on This Forum of Allah عز و جل knows how many members,

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

وأنتَ فجزاكَ الله خيراً

I would never refer to myself as an "Aalim" or "scholar", even if others thought I qualified as one.

Comment

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

وأنتَ فجزاكَ الله خيراً

I would never refer to myself as an "Aalim" or "scholar", even if others thought I qualified as one.
                    No harm done akhi, yeah the good shuyookh don't go round boasting about themselves,

You joined 2003?!!!

You must be one of the oldest members,

Comment

Check this thread In Sha Allaah http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...slim-Prisoners

By the way - Sister 'Aafia disappeared in 2003 until 2008, she was found and later sentenced in 2010.

You were on Islamic Awakening Forums? Your username is familiar.

Comment

As-Salaamu Alaykum,

Thank you.
                        According to (one of) the admins of the forum, he is not the "forum scholar" nor does he have any special title.

Although it did seem that way to me. Maybe because he himself is an admin/mod so he gave himself that position.

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
                          Check this thread In Sha Allaah http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...slim-Prisoners

By the way - Sister 'Aafia disappeared in 2003 until 2008, she was found and later sentenced in 2010.

You were on Islamic Awakening Forums? Your username is familiar.
                          Thanks for the link. Yes, I was an upstanding member of IslamicAwakening forum. That is until the forum changed their beliefs and methodology and began to target with bans any individuals who were popular/knowledgeable and held different beliefs and methodologies.

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
                          According to (one of) the admins of the forum, he is not the "forum scholar" nor does he have any special title.

Although it did seem that way to me. Maybe because he himself is an admin/mod so he gave himself that position.
                          Good to know. I think some are confused about that subject.

Just to be clear, this thread has nothing to do with Abu Mus'ab. I don't know the brother or have anything to say about his level of knowledge.

It struck me as strange that someone referred to him as the "forum scholar" and suggested that no one had the "right" to discuss legal matters aside from him.

It would help to hear what you said from a moderator or administrator directly.

Comment

آمين يا رب العالمين

بارك الله فيكم akhi

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Akhi I mentioned him because he was the only Alim I know on the forum who's qualified and does the QA sessions,

The rest of us are just laymen, and the problem is many of us don't know our limits and start giving our own opinions on issues like Fiqh or other aspects of Islam which we are not qualified to speak about,

Since your on the subject the respected Sheikh didn't give himself any position due to his mod privileges or anything like that, I know he's qualified because I read the link below,

https://darulilm.wordpress.com/about/

Shows what he studied and who he studied under,

And for information he didn't even tell me this,I found out from another brother who posted the link,

We had other alims on the forum in the past a d they left, even AbuNajm, haven't​ even heard of him till recently, and he's been in the forum since 2003

Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 08-06-17, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X