Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues, complaints, grievances and/or suggestions regarding the Mods /How can we as U

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues, complaints, grievances and/or suggestions regarding the Mods /How can we as U

Not sure what happened to the other thread, but I do think we need something like this here to keep us in check.

If you have issues, complaints, grievances and/or suggestions about the moderators and their work here then please mention it. Normally we ask members to go via the helpdesk, but I think some would feel more comfortable doing it here. Say what you'd like, as long as it's done in a proper way (no swearing and stuff like that). And if you are ranting about something, then please provide a solution to make things better so that everything wins. :up:

Other than that, it's a safe space here. As long as you follow the rules, this thread shouldn't be deleted or locked.
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Re: Issues, complaints, grievances and/or suggestions regarding the Mods

I have a complaint.

Why does the time limit on editing posts not apply to the mods? It very well should. Why do you have an infinite window to alter your posts whilst the rest of us do not?

This is a blatant abuse of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
      I have a complaint.

Why does the time limit on editing posts not apply to the mods? It very well should. Why do you have an infinite window to alter your posts whilst the rest of us do not?

If we could edit our posts, then we couldn't edit the posts of others.

I do follow try to keep to the 15 minute rule for myself. So even though the rule doesn't really apply to me, I still follow it.
      مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
      Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

I have a complaint.

I've edited typos after the 15 minute window had closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
          If we could edit our posts, then we couldn't edit the posts of others.

I do follow try to keep to the 15 minute rule for myself. So even though the rule doesn't really apply to me, I still follow it.
          جزاك اللهُ خيراً‎

My complaint has been resolved.

Next complaint: why are visitor messages not subject to this same rule? It is far worse to find a visitor message edited as opposed to an edited post. Rules must be applied consistently, otherwise they are whims of a dictator, not rules established by a just ruler.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
            I've edited typos after the 15 minute window had closed.
            It's because you are smart A'A (make me mod).

Comment

Why are so many threads locked so quickly now? This didn't happen like 1-2 months ago. Were new rules put into place?

Comment

جزاك اللهُ خيراً‎

Next complaint: why are visitor messages not subject to this same rule? It is far worse to find a visitor message edited as opposed to an edited post. Rules must be applied consistently, otherwise they are whims of a dictator, not rules established by a just ruler.
                That's an admin issue.

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Can you pls ask mods to stop editing non offensive/ abiding by the rules thread titles. Its annoying that some old geezer somewhere doesn't get it cuz it's not 1844 anymore, so edits it to sit him.

I have a complaint.

جزاك اللهُ خيراً‎

It's because you are smart A'A (make me mod).
                  There's something called real world. Visit it sometime
                  Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                    That's an admin issue.
                    At admin

It needs to be resolved. I cannot tolerate inconsistencies.

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
                      Can you pls ask mods to stop editing non offensive/ abiding by the rules thread titles. Its annoying that some old geezer somewhere doesn't get it cuz it's not 1844 anymore, so edits it to sit him...
                      You crying about me? Learn to write properly and it won't happen.

P.S. I might start to close/delete threads if they're created with long, badly formatted, copy/paste jobs.
                      Last edited by Abu 'Abdullaah; 21-03-17, 09:33 PM. Reason: @Morose

Comment

Can you pls ask mods to stop editing non offensive/ abiding by the rules thread titles. Its annoying that some old geezer somewhere doesn't get it cuz it's not 1844 anymore, so edits it to sit him.

There's something called real world. Visit it sometime
                        Funny you say that, it's on my list of places to visit. I need to book a flight first though but not sure if I'll be allowed to use my phone ?:-(

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                          You crying about me? Learn to write properly and it won't happen.

P.S. I might start closing/deleted threads if they're created with long, badly formatted, copy/paste jobs.

Scary. Also closing deleted threads doesn't make sense. Pleaser see bolded above.
                          Last edited by InTheBegining; 21-03-17, 09:36 PM.
                          Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Scary.
                            So which thread title were you annoyed about?

Comment

Do mods mod specific areas of the forum? If so who looks after what?

Comment

Working...
                              X