Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ask the mods a question

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    Really, there should be a prize for reaching 1k.
    Now you are talking.

What would it be?

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
      This should be aired on the radio, that would be cool, coffee with the mods show
      I remember before when darul ilm had his show, there was times before/after the show, where the mods and other users would call in and there'd be a topic for everyone to chat about (normally coincided with the chatbox then, I know this has gone and was problematic), but this would be good as a radio show
      Like coffee with the mods.. it could be questions asked to mods lol but that's a bit random treating them like celebs and seems a bit pointless, so would be better to do like either advice for someone going through a genuine issue or like an Islamic debate. You know how you guys are always debating on here over stuff, like abu abd, link deuts, nonameakhi, mirror etc espec with like madhab differences and other stuff, you should take it to the radio show lol.

Obviously like we could also do something where it's just aired for males to listen to males and females to listen to females. 2 separate shows I mean, obviously not males and females on the same one. That would get a bit tricky though in terms of verifying users and time consuming, as it would involve screening all the bros/sisters, who want to listen to the show, to verify their gender, and then airing the show (maybe via Skype or something actually) for this. Advice for people who need it genuinely, or debating Islamic issues are the only things I can think of, that this would come in handy. Also any questions or teaching things to each other like Arabic, Tajweed, queries that reverts or even born Muslims have, and for each gender can also be a platform for any Muslims who are isolated in the area they are living in. I know some of y'all don't have supportive family and no muslim friends, due to where you live etc.

Anyway, this is long enough for an idea that has a 99.9999% chance of being rejected lol.
      Think the best show was Abu m show wih sajid as host and asking questions and abu musab chipping in. Not sure if you are referring to same

Youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk...dE4pHzSid7Lr0w

**** Smiling won't cost you now is it ****

Zawjati ,“Uhibbuki mithla mâ antê” “Uhibbuki kaifamâ kunteee”“Wa mahmâ kâna mahma sâra”

Comment

Originally posted by muzzybee View Post
        Think the best show was Abu m show wih sajid as host and asking questions and abu musab chipping in. Not sure if you are referring to same
        yeah I think I am.. well all 3 of them were on the show at the same time. lol i remember something funny/random.. darul ilm abu m said something jokingly and someone was offended on the shoutbox (can't remember what is was over now something trivial not anything religious) so darul ilm was gonna apologise but Abu M was like noway don't apologise what u apologising for.. I also remember shows that had other users that called in.
        Last edited by Creamcake; 15-03-17, 01:27 AM.
        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
        [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

I see some nice adjustments on here, but where is the meme thread?
          “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
            I see some nice adjustments on here, but where is the meme thread?
            It is here:

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ah+forum+memes

As for the changes, it's still work in progress, some sections may be merged as well. In general though not much other than the organization of the forum is gonna change, the aim is a bit more conciseness. But those changes haven't been made yet, just some categories changed.
            والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
              It is here:

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ah+forum+memes

As for the changes, it's still work in progress, some sections may be merged as well. In general though not much other than the organization of the forum is gonna change, the aim is a bit more conciseness. But those changes haven't been made yet, just some categories changed.
              Thats excellent. Always room for improvement.

Jazakallah.
              “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Comment

Oh and where has all the sticky threads gone too? I notice most are gone in Lounge.

Comment

Why do mods have different coloured usernames?
                  رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                    Why do mods have different coloured usernames?
                    Red is super mod. The rest chose their own colours

Comment

[MENTION=85905]Sky Lark[/MENTION] aha ok makes sense now :)
                      رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
                        Now you are talking.

What would it be?
                        Level 2 Bonus: Reps are worth double points

Comment

would it be possible to separate the poem and nasheeds please?

poem is for reading and nasheeds are for listening

who's idea are all these changes?
                          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                            would it be possible to separate the poem and nasheeds please?

poem is for reading and nasheeds are for listening

who's idea are all these changes?
                            We could have a 'prefix' for thread titles which can be tagged with poem or nasheed.

Comment

We could have a 'prefix' for thread titles which can be tagged with poem or nasheed.
                              I'm not happy with that and i'd like to think the other poets will agree with me- it's our peaceful abode

I want the poem section to stay the way it was previously, only for poems

the nasheeds will have to go with the Islamic videos, it's more multi media
                              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Level 2 Bonus: Reps are worth double points
                                Did you rearrange the forum? This looks like your doing. I don't like it too well.

It's more organised and makes sense but now things are difficult to find ?:-(

Comment

Working...
                                X