Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion Thread Post Highlights

:salams:

just had the idea to have thread highlights for a thread. say if thread is 4+ pages, users would have the ability to vote for highlighting a post which would be for the most informative posts

it beats looking through 10 pages of bickering
    If Allah & his Messenger :saw: ordered us to breathe in a certain way, we would say: "سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا We hear & We obey"
    “Whoever turns away from my Sunnah has nothing to do with me.” (al-Bukhaari)

Re: Thread Post Highlights

:wswrwb:

yeh it would be a really good idea to highlight all my posts
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

have you seen this implemented somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by sajid View Post
        No, it was just a thought that occurred to me. But similar to facebook comments where you can see "popular comments" vs "recent comments"
        If Allah & his Messenger :saw: ordered us to breathe in a certain way, we would say: "سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا We hear & We obey"

Comment

Originally posted by Bint Radical View Post

just had the idea to have thread highlights for a thread. say if thread is 4+ pages, users would have the ability to vote for highlighting a post which would be for the most informative posts

This suggestion is useless as you only have to look at my comments if you want too see the most informative posts.

JazakAllah Khair Akhi.

Comment

Originally posted by Bint Radical View Post

Walaikumassalam,

I believe that this is actually a really good idea. Let the cream rise to the top.

I think this is worth considering, and give my backing to this.

Comment

Yes on Playdota.com
              You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Couple of non-islam (sports) related sights that I used to visit...

'rec'd' comments are highlighted a different colour... Also a forum where certain comments had little coloured tag on bottom right of a 'liked' post saying for example:

"LIKED by Sajid, samin, pippin and 6 others...'

I don't like the idea too much, personally, even though it would make things 'interesting' and help distinguish better between positive and negative posts.
                LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                -------------------------------
                "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

bump

Comment

This would only work if it was tailored to each user. I don't see the benefit in a thread being 'summarised' by posts I consider to be useless.

Comment

Working...
                    X