Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

might have a problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    might have a problem

    since earlier this evening ive had some problems here. not sure what theyre called but a random word is highlighted in someones post and if you hover the mouse over it a ad pops up.

    ive scanned my side with the latest AVG pro and malware bytes all updated as well as both being set to auto scan everynight.

    is this a virus on the forum somehow? or adware?

    There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.



    #2
    Re: might have a problem

    Its adware, you must have downloaded it unwittingly, roll back changes, or check for most recently installed programs and remove
    Abu Saalehah

    OUTREACH4ISLAM - Calling the not yet Muslims of Leicester to Islam since 2006

    Comment


      #3
      Re: might have a problem

      Originally posted by abu saalehah View Post
      Its adware, you must have downloaded it unwittingly, roll back changes, or check for most recently installed programs and remove
      yeah thought so. ill give it another scan now. funny though, one has popped up in your post on the word "installed" for the iphone 5 lol.

      There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.


      Comment


        #4
        Re: might have a problem

        Originally posted by SILURES View Post
        yeah thought so. ill give it another scan now. funny though, one has popped up in your post on the word "installed" for the iphone 5 lol.
        usually the Ad that pops up has the name of the adware, you can just go to your add ons and disable or delete from there.

        I had one before thats how I did it at-least.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: might have a problem

          Originally posted by .Kid. View Post
          usually the Ad that pops up has the name of the adware, you can just go to your add ons and disable or delete from there.

          I had one before thats how I did it at-least.
          yeah think i just got it. coupondropdown it was called. think it came from a firefox addon.

          There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.


          Comment


            #6
            Re: might have a problem

            Originally posted by SILURES View Post
            yeah think i just got it. coupondropdown it was called. think it came from a firefox addon.
            Yep, what I had as well.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: might have a problem

              Originally posted by .Kid. View Post
              usually the Ad that pops up has the name of the adware, you can just go to your add ons and disable or delete from there.

              I had one before thats how I did it at-least.
              I had a similar one a month or so ago, that didn't work and ended up needing to reinstall mozilla.
              Abu Saalehah

              OUTREACH4ISLAM - Calling the not yet Muslims of Leicester to Islam since 2006

              Comment

              Working...
              X