X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name changes

Assalamu alaykum,

I just wanted to note that there seems to be an extremely high proportion of people requesting name changes...some regularly.

Can we just make it crystal clear here.

Name changes are NOT a given norm, they are ONLY in exceptional circumstances.

If you want to change you name to MASK your identity, so to speak, sorry but that is not a valid excuse. Anyone can browse your history of posts and see your orginal name quoted. so it is better to resign up with a new name rather than change the existing one.

If it is a spelling error...BE CAREFUL when you are signing up!

If it because its similar to someone elses...TOO BAD, you should have checked it out first before signing up!

If it is a matter of life and death...we may look into it.

Otherwise STOP requesting name changes to lame and fickle reasons! Its a waste of everyone's time!

And if you are a long time user, it is even more disliked because your username will be established and it causes a lot of confusion amongst the mods and users having a newname to that old user!!

Please feel free to add any other commenst to this mods/ admins lol..this is just off the top of my head :p
    What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
    Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
    Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
    but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
    but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
    We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
    freedom from slavery to other than the One,
    Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
    and a horizon that extends to the next life,
    Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Re: Name changes

Mods Rule!!
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

:jkk: amin true that i get so confused about which user is which sometimes,cos so many ppl changed their names

( although i would love that silly ` taken off the front of my name)

but its ok im not asking ..
      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Create a 'Member previously known as' thread so people can keep up with the name changes.

I don't think many people revise their registering details when they sign up. If they do, they're simply gay. And typos can't always be avoided.

As for looking up the names of other members... You're signing up with a forum, not something overly important where similar usernames can cause volcanic eruption. If you really look up the names of members before signing up with a forum, you're just being stupid.

'asiya, if you really want that taken off, why don't you? It's a bother typing your name with that apostrophe. I know you didn't ask me to, but I'm giving you my support. :up:

Wassalam,
        The Great Ruler-sama
        When dealing with people, let us remember that we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bristling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity.

~ Dale Carnegie, 1936

Comment

My name change nearly cost me a 20p
          الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

thanks G.R i worry about the ` in `asiya cos this name means disobedient and im scared if ppl keep calling me this i might become so audu billah. jus plain old asiya would be fine but like i said im not asking ..
            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

Comment

Ho~ All the more reasons to ask for a name change, don't you think?
              When dealing with people, let us remember that we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bristling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity.

~ Dale Carnegie, 1936

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                thanks G.R i worry about the ` in `asiya cos this name means disobedient and im scared if ppl keep calling me this i might become so audu billah. jus plain old asiya would be fine but like i said im not asking ..
                what? does asiya means disobedient?
                الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
                  what? does asiya means disobedient?
                  I believe she means 'asiya with 3ain, instead of asiya with an alif?

~ Dale Carnegie, 1936

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                    I was wondering, does pronunciation make a difference? because the name 'asiya (the one spelt with and ain and saad) is usually pronounced the way the asiya (meaning nurse) is pronounced...(obviously as theres no english equivalent to the ain and saad)

or have I got it all wrong with the letters?

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Ruler View Post
                      I believe she means 'asiya with 3ain, instead of asiya with an alif?
                      yep `asiya means disobedient. asiya means One who tends to the weak, one who nurses, comforts, consoles.

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Only takes a minute to change. Don't know why the admins are moaning...

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                          :rotfl:

Off to the 'banning dungeon' for you, m'lad :D
                          'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                            There's thousands of members here, if say just a hundred asked for a name change then that's 100 minutes - 1 hour 40 minutes ....

Comment

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
                              There's thousands of members here, if say just a hundred asked for a name change then that's 100 minutes - 1 hour 40 minutes ....
                              alright, alright. calm down, no need for a math lesson !

Comment

Working...
                              X