X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Name changes

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
    Mashallah Meri did it I think! It took me 4 attempts to sign in before I realised.

:jkk:
    Aye it was Meriadoc, she's the most active admin here.
    "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
    Darul Ilm Blog
    Darul Ilm Faceboook
    Darul Ilm Twitter
    Darul Ilm Google+
    Ummah Radio Classes
    Ummah Radio
    Ummah Radio Youtube Channel
    Subscribe to our Youtube channel to be informed of any new uploads.

Comment

I'm glad name changes aren't easy to get.

Originally posted by Staskal View Post
      When the boy is turned into a bug, his family begins to take care o him as best they could. But the process of taking care of bug through daily life begins to weigh on them, like taking care of a pet. They became forgetful and careless, his sister began to just throw him old food from meals instead of taking the time to give him bread and milk. Both hs mother and father begin to overlook and ignore him. I believe that this shows how one can become under diligent in their duty of important tasks that yield no profit for them, As happens in kafka's life.
      Lol
      Narrated Anas:
      The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

Originally posted by Darul Ilm View Post
        Aye it was Meriadoc, she's the most active admin here.
        Omg the avatar is so pretty ive just seen it! The letters spell it. It's so nice.

You know, today my (blood) sister was so awful about me leaving my job. This small thing just lightened that heaviness, along with the sisters here helping me with my pronunciation of Arabic. The women here are just the best. May Allah (swt) reward them in this life and the next with good.

:jkk: UF

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
          Omg the avatar is so pretty ive just seen it! The letters spell it. It's so nice.

You know, today my (blood) sister was so awful about me leaving my job. This small thing just lightened that heaviness, along with the sisters here helping me with my pronunciation of Arabic. The women here are just the best. May Allah (swt) reward them in this life and the next with good.

:jkk: UF
          Aye, Meriadoc has good choice in avatars.

Aameen, the sisterhood here is good.
          "The more you know, the more you realise how little you know. The less you know, the more you think you know." - Abu Mus'ab.
          Darul Ilm Blog
          Darul Ilm Faceboook
          Darul Ilm Twitter
          Darul Ilm Google+
          Ummah Radio Classes
          Ummah Radio

Comment

I used to frequent a forum(also built using vBulletin) which allows it's users to change their usernames once every 180 days with a maximum of 5 changes. There's a section in user profile named username history so you can check a person's previous usernames which removes any possible confusion. Moreover, if the avatar remains same, it shouldn't be hard to recognize frequent users given their post count and rep power remain visible.
            Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

Comment

Originally posted by bhshawon View Post
              I used to frequent a forum(also built using vBulletin) which allows it's users to change their usernames once every 180 days with a maximum of 5 changes. There's a section in user profile named username history so you can check a person's previous usernames which removes any possible confusion. Moreover, if the avatar remains same, it shouldn't be hard to recognize frequent users given their post count and rep power remain visible.
              +1 This idea actually sounds good.
              If following Ahmad makes me a 'Wahhaabi', then I declare that I am one.

Comment

Originally posted by Darul Ilm View Post
                Aye, Meriadoc has good choice in avatars.

Aameen, the sisterhood here is good.
                That wasn't me
                ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
                U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post
                  That wasn't me
                  :illuminaticonfirmed:

Comment

Originally posted by muslim singafuri View Post
                    Sounds like a bad idea to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                      Originally posted by muslim singafuri View Post
                      Ok
                      If following Ahmad makes me a 'Wahhaabi', then I declare that I am one.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                        I second that.
                        Darul Ilm Blog
                        Darul Ilm Faceboook
                        Darul Ilm Twitter
                        Darul Ilm Google+
                        Ummah Radio Classes
                        Ummah Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post
                          That wasn't me
                          Well whomever it was, it's a lovely gif(t).

Comment

just a polite reminder as we're getting an increase in these lately.

you choose Oreos4TheWin, you will stay Oreos4TheWin, even if you find out you're gluten intolerant and can no longer eat them :l
                            name changes because they don't fit your aesthetic either, won't be accepted.
                            funny names that make other users giggle won't be changed (depends if it goes into bullying- which is really not the case tbh). Neither will pun-ny usernames.

The only change is if you put your full name in there i.e. KhalidMotala or AbdullahDawson- something that can easily pinpoint you down. Usually common first names alone, don't come under that esp if you are a Muhammad from Saudi Arabia, a John from the West Midlands or a Pierre from Montreal.
                            ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
                            U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Redbirdie sounds like twittery bird
                              Can you change it to AmatulWudud, please?

I'm known by this .

RedBirdie is like a kid or a mocking bird kinda name & I would appreciate if mods would comply to my wish

Also make my gender Female so there's clarity for all users.

JazakAllah hu khayra
                              [MENTION=93]seven[/MENTION] [MENTION=1571]afdmin[/MENTION] [MENTION=2287]ze leetle elper[/MENTION] [MENTION=3262]Tahiyah[/MENTION] [MENTION=3176].: Anna :.[/MENTION] [MENTION=5212]Shadow[/MENTION] [MENTION=5720]Salman Al-Farsi[/MENTION] [MENTION=8041]moderators[/MENTION] [MENTION=15366]-Yassar[/MENTION] [MENTION=22732]Fais[/MENTION] [MENTION=23195]al-ghazalli[/MENTION] [MENTION=25581].Hajar.[/MENTION] [MENTION=30830]Pippin1376[/MENTION] [MENTION=30214]Abu 'Abdullaah[/MENTION] [MENTION=34511]Grotbags[/MENTION] [MENTION=38207]Jenicca[/MENTION] [MENTION=47843]samin62[/MENTION] [MENTION=76113]علي[/MENTION] [MENTION=87885]Meriadoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=105052]Darul Ilm[/MENTION] [MENTION=139630]device[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by RedBirdie View Post
                                Redbirdie sounds like twittery bird
                                Can you change it to AmatulWudud, please?

I'm known by this .

RedBirdie is like a kid or a mocking bird kinda name & I would appreciate if mods would comply to my wish

Also make my gender Female so there's clarity for all users.

JazakAllah hu khayra
                                [MENTION=93]seven[/MENTION] [MENTION=1571]afdmin[/MENTION] [MENTION=2287]ze leetle elper[/MENTION] [MENTION=3262]Tahiyah[/MENTION] [MENTION=3176].: Anna :.[/MENTION] [MENTION=5212]Shadow[/MENTION] [MENTION=5720]Salman Al-Farsi[/MENTION] [MENTION=8041]moderators[/MENTION] [MENTION=15366]-Yassar[/MENTION] [MENTION=22732]Fais[/MENTION] [MENTION=23195]al-ghazalli[/MENTION] [MENTION=25581].Hajar.[/MENTION] [MENTION=30830]Pippin1376[/MENTION] [MENTION=30214]Abu 'Abdullaah[/MENTION] [MENTION=34511]Grotbags[/MENTION] [MENTION=38207]Jenicca[/MENTION] [MENTION=47843]samin62[/MENTION] [MENTION=76113]علي[/MENTION] [MENTION=87885]Meriadoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=105052]Darul Ilm[/MENTION] [MENTION=139630]device[/MENTION]
                                [MENTION=30214]Abu 'Abdullaah[/MENTION]

Please change my username

Comment

Working...
                                X