Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this going to be a new trend on the forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    So if a mod gives bad advice or says incorrect things who bans them or deletes their posts???

Many people like to talk and barely refer to Quran or sunnah
    Then they want to make conditions of who can do this or that just using their own bias logic

Leave a comment:

• Eorlingas
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Originally posted by Simply_Logical View Post
    Linkdeutscher i agree with you that mods/admin shouldnt delete posts just because they deem it to be bad advice

like they say one persons trash is another persons treasure
    although saying this someone should counter the bad advice instead of deleting it

why sweep it under the carpet instead of facing it face on?

Leave a comment:

• Simply_Logical
    replied
    Linkdeutscher i agree with you that mods/admin shouldnt delete posts just because they deem it to be bad advice

like they say one persons trash is another persons treasure

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied
    Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post

This is what i would have done

But i didnt read the original, so i am only going by general procedure
    Exactly.

You didn't read the original post and I can say with confidence you'd agree more with the advice overall than disagree with it.

If it was openly unislamic advice, I'd concur. That was not the case here.

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied
    Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
    Linked

You seem to complain about everything & every mod here
    That's a terrible assumption on your part, I'll assume because I called you out for unfairly banning a user recently which is giving you the impression 'I complain about everything and every mod here'. Go ahead and and filter out my 'complaining' posts from my last 100 posts on this forum and we'll see how true this assumption of yours is.
    Last edited by Linkdeutscher; 21-09-21, 09:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Linkdeutscher
    replied
    Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post

Sons are whining about 2 deleted posts, can you imagine the drama and hungama IF any of them were to actually get infracted for..wait for it..bad advice?

-_-
    Bad advice according to you?

There's a difference between clearly unislamic and inappropriate advice which anyone would clearly object to and advice which you personally find problematic; I don't remember any other member specifically calling out that post as inappropriate or evil advice.

Leave a comment:

• .Hajar.
    replied
    Originally posted by Mufti Cheesecake View Post
    Alright, sis.
    May Allah bless you with the best in this world and the next, aameen.

Leave a comment:

• Mufti Cheesecake
    replied
    Originally posted by YahyaIbnSelam View Post

Is not cooking, or not loosing weight the Koranic nushuz? It is not AFAIK, nor are these two things shar'i obligations for the wife. We should be careful in how we invoke the Koran dear brother.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/1704...ng-her-husband
    The more correct view in this matter is that stated by a number of scholars, such as Abu Bakr ibn Abi Shaybah, Abu Ishaaq al-Jawzjaani and Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on them), who said that it is the womans duty to serve her husband within the bounds of what is reasonable and as other women who are like her serve husbands who are like him. She also has to take care of the house, doing things like cooking and so on, in accordance with what is customary among people like her and her husband. This differs according to circumstances, time and place, hence Ibn Taymiyah said: This varies according to circumstances. What the Bedouin wife has to do is not the same as what the urban wife has to do.
    Edit:

But I understand theres a difference in opinion
    Last edited by Mufti Cheesecake; 16-09-21, 10:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post

Who decides what is "bad advice"?
    Everyone can, the mods will have the final say though because they're the only ones who are able to remove the post, infraction if forum rules are broken.

It can still be challenged by members as long as it isn't going against the forum rules.

Leave a comment:

• Stoic Believer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
    We should keep things the way they are but if someone is giving advise that is considered bad, they should just get an infraction which will eventually lead to a ban. Like the old system when people would bicker and get infracted if they didn't behave.

That may help to keep people in check about how they share their thoughts.

​​​​​
    Who decides what is "bad advice"?

Leave a comment:

• YahyaIbnSelam
    replied
    Originally posted by Mufti Cheesecake View Post
    I KNEW I DIDN'T JUST DREAM IT. I was wondering where that comment went. Like really how was what I said bad advice?

The guy describes how he works and does things on the side because his salary isn't that much, so he's doing that to provide for them, so he's really busy, and then at home he has to do the chores, the cooking, the cleaning too, and that his wife has a weight problem that she should be working on but isn't. So I was like, well what is she doing then for the family? As the husband you need to put your foot down and tell her, maybe even complain to her parents, and if she doesn't then forsake her in bed, like this is from the Quran, what did I say wrong? And then I was like, and you need to carve out time to spend with her and be intimate with her, or else how is she going to be motivated if she has nothing to look forward to.

But other people on that thread were fixated on one or two lines out of that big block of text, which he admitted he wasn't spending time with her or being intimate with her, and labelled this whole thing as a lack of intimacy issue? The guy works the whole day, and comes home to a wife that does nothing, and is overweight, where is he going to get the time and energy first off, and second how is he going to be attracted to a lazy overweight woman?
    Is not cooking, or not loosing weight the Koranic nushuz? It is not AFAIK, nor are these two things shar'i obligations for the wife. We should be careful in how we invoke the Koran dear brother.

Leave a comment:

• Eorlingas
    replied
    I feel a little lump in my throat at the tenacity of the young turks..gulp

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied
    This is one of the more lively threads in recent times.

Leave a comment:

• notEVOLVED
    replied
    Cool thread.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X