Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this going to be a new trend on the forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post

And what exactly is your state? I have never seen you give actual advice, you just bully people seeking advice here and close their threads. Some may be trolls, sure, but you roll this way in every single thread.
    Common mistake, he's not a mod that moderates FOR trolls, he's a mod that IS a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Mufti Cheesecake View Post

Ya I totally agree. Just fyi what I was saying there wasn't my opinions, I was just exploring the idea, that if we ban unmarried people then by the same logic we'd have to also ban divorced people since technically they haven't been in a successful marriage, so they don't have that experience, I wasn't blaming them for the divorce. And then also we'd have to ban married people who give bad advice.

I just don't understand how the person who removed my comment found it as bad advice, when they left many other comments be, including their own which that OP even said the advice was way off.
      And how do we know that the married people who are giving advice:

(1) are a good spouse themselves
      (2) have good marriages

It's opening a massive can of worms.
      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

My advice is usually to ask those that know, especially in the absence of context and evidence. We can't act as a fatwa shop or agony column where people come to seek informed advice and guidance for personal problems that involve third parties.

Also, this forum has been used as a source for rulings. Think about that - some may not see a problem with that but I see it as a danger.
        Son please.

When did you last do that?

And even then, how effective is that even? Point is people to come here to ask and will keep coming; it's the only real remaining Muslim forum.
        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

Common mistake, he's not a mod that moderates FOR trolls, he's a mod that IS a troll.
          Son the thing is he's a smart son, but he has a way too idealistic view of how the forum ought to be and operates from that framework. And that's just unrealistic and not going to happen.

Comment

Son please.

When did you last do that?

And even then, how effective is that even? Point is people to come here to ask and will keep coming; it's the only real remaining Muslim forum.
            I always advise people to go to their masjid. How effective it is, I don't know. It's up to others if they want to take the advice but we can't be drawn into a culture where anything goes.

Comment

My record on trolls speaks for itself. Before I was a mod I suspected a user was who made 'innocent' comments and asked 'genuine' questions to be a troll but I couldn't prove it. After I became a mod, I discovered the user had several accounts that were elaborately created (for this forum) to prevent detection - it took me some time but I ended up getting all or most of the accounts. A few trolls in particular are still up to it to this day and have been doing it for years.

Of course, not everyone sees it as fitna. It's all drama and entertainment for some as they crave content and so get sad when they see accounts getting banned.

Comment

My record on trolls speaks for itself. Before I was a mod I suspected a user was who made 'innocent' comments and asked 'genuine' questions to be a troll but I couldn't prove it. After I became a mod, I discovered the user had several accounts that were elaborately created (for this forum) to prevent detection - it took me some time but I ended up getting all or most of the accounts. A few trolls in particular are still up to it to this day and have been doing it for years.

Of course, not everyone sees it as fitna. It's all drama and entertainment for some as they crave content and so get sad when they see accounts getting banned.
                Why is it that you haven't banned that person you're talking about? I think people probably know by now who it is you're referring to.

It will save you the hassle of people criticising you for being rude towards them.

I can't believe the dedication and commitment to creating several accounts, I get tired of changing my password after 90 days.

It's strange because nowadays you have the likes of Twitter and other social media to troll on, not on a quiet forum where there's less activity on here than there was a couple of years ago.

​​​​​
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

And what exactly is your state? I have never seen you give actual advice, you just bully people seeking advice here and close their threads. Some may be trolls, sure, but you roll this way in every single thread.
                  The moon certainly has a way with words. Where did you.learn this craft?
                  https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

The detective work of Abdullah

Ephemeral reader

Comment

And how do we know that the married people who are giving advice:

(1) are a good spouse themselves
                      (2) have good marriages

It's opening a massive can of worms.
                      I petition we get the other ameer. The one and only, basheer the natheer the wazeer

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post

Why is it that you haven't banned that person you're talking about? I think people probably know by now who it is you're referring to.

It will save you the hassle of people criticising you for being rude towards them.

I can't believe the dedication and commitment to creating several accounts, I get tired of changing my password after 90 days.

It's strange because nowadays you have the likes of Twitter and other social media to troll on, not on a quiet forum where there's less activity on here than there was a couple of years ago.

​​​​​
                        Please tell me who he is referring to?

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by Kiro View Post

Please tell me who he is referring to?
                          Sorry Kiro I can't
                          ​​​​​
                          ​​​​
                          'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

Sorry Kiro I can't
                            ​​​​​
                            ​​​​
                            Another day in the life of detective Kiro. I will perhaps find out myself. *cue in dramatic sounds*

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by Kiro View Post

Another day in the life of detective Kiro. I will perhaps find out myself. *cue in dramatic sounds*
                              I'm definite it's that person but I could be wrong, i'll private message you the name with Abu Abdullah copied in

Comment

I'm definite it's that person but I could be wrong, i'll private message you the name with Abu Abdullah copied in
                                It's not.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X