Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this going to be a new trend on the forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this going to be a new trend on the forum?

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

I KNEW I DIDN'T JUST DREAM IT. I was wondering where that comment went. Like really how was what I said bad advice?

The guy describes how he works and does things on the side because his salary isn't that much, so he's doing that to provide for them, so he's really busy, and then at home he has to do the chores, the cooking, the cleaning too, and that his wife has a weight problem that she should be working on but isn't. So I was like, well what is she doing then for the family? As the husband you need to put your foot down and tell her, maybe even complain to her parents, and if she doesn't then forsake her in bed, like this is from the Quran, what did I say wrong? And then I was like, and you need to carve out time to spend with her and be intimate with her, or else how is she going to be motivated if she has nothing to look forward to.

But other people on that thread were fixated on one or two lines out of that big block of text, which he admitted he wasn't spending time with her or being intimate with her, and labelled this whole thing as a lack of intimacy issue? The guy works the whole day, and comes home to a wife that does nothing, and is overweight, where is he going to get the time and energy first off, and second how is he going to be attracted to a lazy overweight woman?

Comment

reman1

Comment

I agree. This is overly authoritarian and ridiculous “modding.”

Deleting something you consider “bad advice” sets a very bad precedent. Write a rebuttal, don’t delete. Unless it breaks the rules.
        Last edited by Stoic Believer; 08-09-21, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Seems terrorist supporters are mad at women making decisions.

Comment

I think advice is best given once you hear two sides of the story, more than often people post their woes here just hear one sided

Comment

with this logic then just shut down 80% of the marriage section since all we read there is one side of the story.Never seen a marriage couple making two posts about the same situation giving their side of the story

Comment

Or ban Unmarried people giving advice

Comment

Originally posted by sajid
                  this I actually agree with, over the years I've seen some awful advice been given by some unmarried folk, I just wonder what they're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by sajid View Post
                    Terrible idea.
                    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Oi- what you tryna say?

:P
                      The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Ban them.Unmarried people giving advice are what keeps the forum alive.
                        Try to close the marriage section to unmarried people as a study and see what it would do to it. Thats what it would happen to the forum.

Comment

OP must have been sleeping since 2014 if he thinks this is a "new trend".

Originally posted by Predatorian View Post

Try to close the marriage section to unmarried people as a study and see what it would do to it. Thats what it would happen to the forum.
                          Frankly, that is what ruins the threads in the marriage section, just because you have an opinion does not mean you have to share it and you definitely need to stay away from such threads. Your post in that thread was just awful, you told a desperate husband his wife "might be in it for the papers and he is better off getting another wife" because she does not listen to him? Like WTH?

I am in complete agreement with sajid, unmarried folks (and I exclude those who were married before from this) should stay out of threads that is to do with marital issues (where either spouse seeks guidance/ advice).
                          Last edited by .Hajar.; 12-09-21, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neelu View Post

Oi- what you tryna say?

:P
                            You're an exception, IMHO, but then you know when to impart advice and when to keep quiet..can't say the same about others, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatorian View Post

You're making out as if your contributions are valued. I'm in favour of having fewer users if it meant the quality is increased.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X