Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let people edit and close their account options available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let people edit and close their account options available!

I have been to other forums they let you edit messages and close your account permanently. Also when you close your account, all of the messages and threads close down too so nothing remains of you. Unfortunately with ummah forum you can't edit your threads or messages and there is no option to close your account. Sometimes people make grammar and spelling mistakes, how do you rectify that when you can't edit your thread and messages. Sometimes people post something by a mistake or they realised later they shouldn't have posted that. What do you then? I think its discrimination some people can edit others can.
    sajid
    Last edited by MrConfused; 12-08-20, 08:18 AM.

I disagree. We don’t need an edit or delete function, we just need people to remember and fear Allah before the post something. People should think twice before they post something and consider the effects of their comment just like they should do before they open their mouth.

Introduce an edit function and you’ll take away accountability. It would also give more power to pathetic trolls who are obsessed with this site since they have nothing better to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Abisali View Post
      I disagree. We don’t need an edit or delete function, we just need people to remember and fear Allah before the post something. People should think twice before they post something and consider the effects of their comment just like they should do before they open their mouth.

Introduce an edit function and you’ll take away accountability. It would also give more power to pathetic trolls who are obsessed with this site since they have nothing better to do.
      I disagree with you. Allah is most Merciful and most forgiving, He forgives those who seek His forgiveness. our Creator He also urges us to merciful to others. For example if someone is rude to someone else but later he realised that he shouldn't have done that. Shouldn't he be allowed to rectify his past mistakes? since no one is perfect. We all make mistakes. You’ll get 1 or 2 trolls its normal, should they ruined it for everyone? When most people are decent. Anyways I wasn't talking about that. I was thinking of what if you do spelling and grammar mistakes. This is the only forum doesn't allows edit and delete functions.

Comment

Originally posted by MrConfused View Post

I disagree with you. Allah is most Merciful and most forgiving, He forgives those who seek His forgiveness. our Creator He also urges us to merciful to others. For example if someone is rude to someone else but later he realised that he shouldn't have done that. Shouldn't he be allowed to rectify his past mistakes? since no one is perfect. We all make mistakes. You’ll get 1 or 2 trolls its normal, should they ruined it for everyone? When most people are decent. Anyways I wasn't talking about that. I was thinking of what if you do spelling and grammar mistakes. This is the only forum doesn't allows edit and delete functions.
        All you have to do is reread everything before you click “Post Reply”. It’s not difficult, besides, this is the internet, typos and grammatical errors are expected. In Islam, it is better to err on the side of caution.

Comment

The irony is that most of those who abused the edit feature could still edit while others couldn't.. seems to be fixed now though?

Testing edit function.

Comment

I have been to other forums they let you edit messages and close your account permanently. Also when you close your account, all of the messages and threads close down too so nothing remains of you. Unfortunately with ummah forum you can't edit your threads or messages and there is no option to close your account. Sometimes people make grammar and spelling mistakes, how do you rectify that when you can't edit your thread and messages. Sometimes people post something by a mistake or they realised later they shouldn't have posted that. What do you then? I think its discrimination some people can edit others can.
            sajid
            Unfortunately there is no option to "Close account" within the software, technically its not possible on this platform we are using

Comment

Originally posted by sajid View Post

Unfortunately there is no option to "Close account" within the software, technically its not possible on this platform we are using
              Fair enough, please allow edit function everywhere.

Comment

You have other social media platform to do that.

Comment

sajid
                  In some of the sub forums here you can edit your post. In fact I just used the edit option in this thread to correct a typo 🐻😃

I don’t think one can close their account though here.

Comment

Working...
                  X