Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abu Abdullah?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post

    Chicken crossing the road?
    Hahahaha

    That was it. Still makes me chuckle.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Morose View Post

      Thank you, I was waiting for you to respond first but I want to say, LailaTheMuslim neither of us were talking about you.

      For my own part, my reference to a blog and advertising on here was about Gingerbeardman who used to do this... Anyway, A’A made a comment about it once and I found it funny. So I repeated here.

      I think there are two issues here:

      1) Attack against A’A which I think is unfair, and if anybody has an issue they should raise it with Sajid instead of a public complaint that is not only not constructive, but very insolent and inappropriate.

      2) A separate issue between Laila and A’A which I excuse myself from, and think everybody else should as well. The matter should be resolved between the two, both of whom are adults, without the interference of others.

      Anyway, this thread is no fun and too serious to troll it seems :( so I hereby exit. I hope you all come to a favourable resolution.
      Disagree with ur two points, it was not an attack, I had just posted some appropriate advice from the sunnah etc to AA

      I am not offended that he made a remark about my affliction, its wrong of him, but meh its his usual commenting style tbh

      As for that sister, no, I have come across this issue with her before.

      She said some members remind her of mystic meg or whatnot, I guess since I post a lot about dreams and ruqya she thought it was funny to say that
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

      And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


      أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

      Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


      Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

      Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

      Comment


      • False accusations are obviously not wrong at all.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

          I have noticed that you are quite rude, so my comments do fit,

          I don't have issues with most posters here. I am obviously just not that provocative to most on members of UF, no-one is really bothered about me

          Basically - you read into my posts too much, and it comes off as resentful and jealous
          Err how did you know that I even read your posts. Infact your posts are ones that I actually don't read as well some from a few other posters nor do I respond to them.

          What external (mystic) source helped you reach the conclusion in your last sentence?

          You seem to be gettinh quite rude with your comments especially when you are challenged or called out. Anyway may Allah swt give you peace of mind....ameen.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

            Disagree with ur two points, it was not an attack, I had just posted some appropriate advice from the sunnah etc to AA

            I am not offended that he made a remark about my affliction, its wrong of him, but meh its his usual commenting style tbh

            As for that sister, no, I have come across this issue with her before.

            She said some members remind her of mystic meg or whatnot, I guess since I post a lot about dreams and ruqya she thought it was funny to say that
            Oh, when I said attack, I meant OP. In my view, it was an attack, especially given all the insults OP made in this thread (and another).

            Well, I am glad you are not offended by the comment. It was not nice, I am sure, but A’A did have a separate meaning and was making a point (as explained).

            Regarding the last part, I am not sure about that? I mean, quite a few people do post like mystic meg (haha). And, Mintchocchip does not seem like the spiteful type to do that. But I don’t know, so again, not my place to comment and I hope to be excused in this instance.

            I can only say that sometimes, we can feel a certain post is about us but unless it is obvious, I tend to just ignore it, because it is almost then an admission that we are guilty of whatever they describe.

            Example: somebody on this forum once told me I am arrogant with impressive emphasis... I then discovered a poem by this member called “I am not arrogant”, the material of which was identical to everything they said to me. I ignored it. I did not even comment in it, because the person would then think they “hit a nerve”.

            So, in conclusion, a piece of counsel I hope you will appreciate: if anybody makes a post and you think it refers to you, unless you are absolutely sure and can prove it, it is better to ignore it. Just act like it means nothing to you until the person cannot stand their rage and hatred and makes a personal attack... Then you respond with “guns blazing” :D

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mintchocchip View Post

              Err how did you know that I even read your posts. Infact your posts are ones that I actually don't read as well some from a few other posters nor do I respond to them.

              What external (mystic) source helped you reach the conclusion in your last sentence?

              You seem to be gettinh quite rude with your comments especially when you are challenged or called out. Anyway may Allah swt give you peace of mind....ameen.
              Lol who even cares...I never get rude, in fact I only just called you out, but did not get insulting or vicious, unlike urself

              K, will go off and make a thread about something very obscure topic that cannot be googled, hope no-one minds
              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

              And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


              أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

              Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


              Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

              Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morose View Post

                Oh, when I said attack, I meant OP. In my view, it was an attack, especially given all the insults OP made in this thread (and another).

                Well, I am glad you are not offended by the comment. It was not nice, I am sure, but A’A did have a separate meaning and was making a point (as explained).

                Regarding the last part, I am not sure about that? I mean, quite a few people do post like mystic meg (haha). And, Mintchocchip does not seem like the spiteful type to do that. But I don’t know, so again, not my place to comment and I hope to be excused in this instance.

                I can only say that sometimes, we can feel a certain post is about us but unless it is obvious, I tend to just ignore it, because it is almost then an admission that we are guilty of whatever they describe.

                Example: somebody on this forum once told me I am arrogant with impressive emphasis... I then discovered a poem by this member called “I am not arrogant”, the material of which was identical to everything they said to me. I ignored it. I did not even comment in it, because the person would then think they “hit a nerve”.

                So, in conclusion, a piece of counsel I hope you will appreciate: if anybody makes a post and you think it refers to you, unless you are absolutely sure and can prove it, it is better to ignore it. Just act like it means nothing to you until the person cabbie stand their rage and hatred and makes a personal attack... Then you respond with “guns blazing” :D
                I see, you are right, but its just something i observed in that poster. I don't really pick arguments on here nor irl, its just something i was annoyed about
                وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

                And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


                أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

                Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


                Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

                Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

                Comment


                • Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

                  I see, you are right, but its just something i observed in that poster. I don't really pick arguments on here nor irl, its just something i was annoyed about
                  And I do not deny your intuition, but my observation of the said poster is completely different; without praising anybody, and without taking sides, Mintchocchip is one of the few posters I can take seriously.

                  As an example, there was that Mother’s Day thread and another member, both of whom attacked her unfairly and were very rude, but she did not respond in like.

                  I really believe she did not refer to you in any manner, and is not spiteful and mean to do that.

                  So who is right? Because we both have different perceptions of the poster... Hence, in the absence of unequivocal proof, maybe we assume the best and conclude she was not talking about you? I mean, you don’t come across as Mystic Meg!

                  Comment


                  • I wonder how many "Abu 'Abdullaah" threads of this nature, there are?

                    Comment


                    • Mintchocchip LailaTheMuslim

                      You're both good sisters۔ May Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala preserve you.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Morose View Post

                        And I do not deny your intuition, but my observation of the said poster is completely different; without praising anybody, and without taking sides, Mintchocchip is one of the few posters I can take seriously.

                        As an example, there was that Mother’s Day thread and another member, both of whom attacked her unfairly and were very rude, but she did not respond in like.

                        I really believe she did not refer to you in any manner, and is not spiteful and mean to do that.

                        So who is right? Because we both have different perceptions of the poster... Hence, in the absence of unequivocal proof, maybe we assume the best and conclude she was not talking about you? I mean, you don’t come across as Mystic Meg!
                        JazakAllah khair Morose for this post.

                        As for LailaTheMuslim I do not know what has come over her (no pun intended). Nearly everytime she or anyone made a post about her health I have made dua in the thread for her or liked the post where someone else made dua for her. If she can just bring one post of mine where I have been rude to her in the past (like she claims) I will admit my wrong doing otherwise best for her not to say stuff just to make her look like a victim. I honestly did not expect her to behave like this especially in ramadan.
                        Last edited by Mintchocchip; 22-05-20, 11:39 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Have been following this thread and read the comments here, have not really commented much just observing and seeing things from different angles..i'll try address some of the points later Inshallah

                          However as Abu Abdullah mentioned and i know he has been saying this for YEARS now about possibility of like a council with members on this forum being appointed and i am totally up for that

                          However problem is whether we will have people committed enough and willing to help out on this or whether people will just give up after a while..

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by sajid View Post
                            Have been following this thread and read the comments here, have not really commented much just observing and seeing things from different angles..i'll try address some of the points later Inshallah

                            However as Abu Abdullah mentioned and i know he has been saying this for YEARS now about possibility of like a council with members on this forum being appointed and i am totally up for that

                            However problem is whether we will have people committed enough and willing to help out on this or whether people will just give up after a while..
                            A solution to that could be 6-monthly reviews?

                            Whoever hasn't been active for a while can be replaced then...
                            وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمۡ ءَامِنُواْ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلنَّاسُ قَالُوٓاْ أَنُؤۡمِنُ كَمَآ ءَامَنَ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ*ۗ أَلَآ إِنَّهُمۡ هُمُ ٱلسُّفَهَآءُ وَلَـٰكِن لَّا يَعۡلَمُونَ


                            And when it is said unto them: believe as the people believe, they say: Shall we believe as the foolish believe? Beware! They indeed are the foolish? But they know not.
                            Al Baqarah : Verse 13

                            Comment


                            • I've been back for a while now, and i dont plan on going anywhere

                              i do more lurking now than i used to do, and after a while, the conversations tend to repeat themselves, over and over and over and over

                              That being said, I recall a discussion regarding ummah.com moving expanding into different realms of online activity

                              radio shows, podcasts, even meet&greets in different locales
                              Also, do like a "joe rogan" type of setup (ok, maybe Eddie from the Deen show)
                              apps for salat, ummahradio, but more importantly, long term, becoming a global voice for Muslims to speak to the Muslim Leaders and remind them

                              There is a LOT that can be done, aside from the same chit-chat that goes on
                              .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                              نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                              دولة الإسلامية باقية





                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                                I've been back for a while now, and i dont plan on going anywhere

                                i do more lurking now than i used to do, and after a while, the conversations tend to repeat themselves, over and over and over and over

                                That being said, I recall a discussion regarding ummah.com moving expanding into different realms of online activity

                                radio shows, podcasts, even meet&greets in different locales
                                Also, do like a "joe rogan" type of setup (ok, maybe Eddie from the Deen show)
                                apps for salat, ummahradio, but more importantly, long term, becoming a global voice for Muslims to speak to the Muslim Leaders and remind them

                                There is a LOT that can be done, aside from the same chit-chat that goes on
                                Thinking of bringing back the Ummah Radio shows? you in?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X